What do your parents or roomates...

Years ago I played the intro of "Egypt" from Mercyful Fate to my Dad and he loved it, but when it got heavy he said "Ok, that's different".

As for my Mom, one of the coolest moments ever was when she was doing some things around the house while I was watching Pink Floyd's "Pulse" video concert, at one point she sat down and watched the rest of the concert with me, while complimenting the music and the stage production, it was an extremely cool experience.

my dad doesn't care much, my sisters hate it, and my brother likes mostly just powermetal and anytthing with yngwie lke guitars lol
as where i listen to power metal and death metal to he respects wjhat i listen to

dead6skin6mask6 said:
my mom sings along with DNB and PoE in the car. my dad's a big Yngwie, Satch, and Clapton fan... my brother listens to NSYNC and Nelly, while being 21

Your mom kicks ass, your dad seems cool and your brother is umm

My jazz teacher one day did his impression of death metal. it was hilarious. Imagine a four hundred pound middle aged man growling. Quite hilarious.

And then the other day, we were listening to Testament's "Toxic Waltz" (I believe it was by Testament) and my jazz teacher goes, "Can I just make a comment? This song is in 4/4 and waltzes are generally in 3/4. So, is the toxicity of the waltz the extra beat?"

We all just stared at him and resumed listening to Testament

My parents are happy that I like metal and hate rap. :lol:

Anyway my close friends are into the same stuff I listen to as much as I am.

But I have other good friends that listen to mainstream shit.

Last night I was listening to Skyfire with my other friends and my friend who hates metal was like, "I don't know how you guys can listen to that stuff."

I said " Well we are the rare people in society who are blessed with a good taste in music."

Him - "But they don't sing cleanly I can't understand what hes saying."

So I put Nevermore on.

Him - "They are too heavy."

Me - "Thats because you listen to pussy music all the time so you think that when somebody plays more than 3 chords on a stringed instrument its to heavy."

So he puts his headphones on his laptop and listens to his gay puddle of mud whine about my girlfriend leaving me bullshit music.

unknown said:
My jazz teacher one day did his impression of death metal. it was hilarious. Imagine a four hundred pound middle aged man growling. Quite hilarious.

And then the other day, we were listening to Testament's "Toxic Waltz" (I believe it was by Testament) and my jazz teacher goes, "Can I just make a comment? This song is in 4/4 and waltzes are generally in 3/4. So, is the toxicity of the waltz the extra beat?"

:lol: That's funny.

I don't think my parents have ever really heard my music because I usually listen to it with headphones on.

My mom hates everything I listen to no matter what..so in the car i bother her with my music and she tries to turn it down..but i always win, and my dad he likes the fact that the music i listen to is more musical than just screaming..but he hates it when its too loud...old fart.

My parents don't understand what I listen to or why I listen to it, but they let me anyway. actually, I'm impressed that my mom DOESN'T get pissed off at what I listen to...

My dad tries to act cool and pretend that he likes it.... he's cool enough about it to drive me to concerts and go to them when necessary (like at the NJ fest, he had to go for part of it). Oh, and he claims to really like Symphony X.
I think my mom dislikes it or is neutral... she never says anything about it

My sisters hate it. They don't tolerate it.

My parent accept it as long as its not too loud, its mainly the fucking idiots in my school that bug me.
But thats what happens when you go to the biggest wigger school in the entire country of Sweden :lol:

stefan86 said:
My parent accept it as long as its not too loud, its mainly the fucking idiots in my school that bug me.
But thats what happens when you go to the biggest wigger school in the entire country of Sweden :lol:

lol wiggers in sweden?

Man that disease is spreading rapidly.

I thought only my fellow americans were that dumb.

hmm...if I play the music too loud only then it becomes a problem...especially if my parents are sleeping...hehe...but they are kool...they most my mother might say is "take off that noise" if I play it too loud or low down the volume or something and daddy is hardly ever home but the other day i was watching my dark tranquillity DVD and he came and sat and watch parts with me...he was silent though...lol...and well I was confused if so to speak...I didn't know how to react.

Cheers!
SM

unknown said:

Exodus maybe?

I don't have problems. my husband listens to the same things (more or less) like me, mom is used to it, what can she do after all these years. she doesn't like it, but nobody is asking from her to like it anyway. :)

don't worry. neither have I. Toxic Waltz is the only song that I recognize from them and know the video clip by heart. :D