Which cd did you just buy?

fireangel said:
oomph! - GlaubeLiebeTod - Digipak (and Jewelcase came as promo, additionally)

Is that the full length with songs that they released on the ep awhile ago?

Well, I went to the record store earlier today... I planned to buy this:
1. Some Necrophagist
2. The rest of my missing DT (Exposures, Skydance reissue, Projector)
3. Wintersun
4. Kalmah
5. Norther
6. Wild Card...
7. The thing UC recommended I buy (Apocalyptica?)

Since my record store decided to be out of everything, I got these:

1. Amorphis- Eclipse
Oooo, this is some good shit :kickass: Reminds me of Opeth, but it doesn't bore me as much. Sorry, Opeth fans. Very good melodies, and is very soothing

2. Angra- Temple of Shadows
Ahh, nothing like some gold ole' brazillian power metal. Really quite good, actually. A little dissapointing at times, but still interesting enough

3. Dark Tranquillity- Exposures
;) wow.. amazing...

4. Insomnium- In the Halls of the Waiting
5. Insomnium- Since the Day it All Came Down
These guys will be the next big thing in melodic metal, there's no arguing it. Highlight of my purchases

6. In Flames- Used and Abused... In Live we Trust
Wow, sound quality is amazing, drums are top notch, and some of the best camera work I've seen. Anders is a little weak at some points, but he seems good at interacting with crowds. Guitar tone could've been better, IMHO

7. Dark Tranquillity- Live Damage
They are perfect, what can I say? Too bad the editing sucked and no one was there :(

I'll put some detailed reviews in "Your writing" When I have a better grasp on everything :)

^Ah, yes they didn't have any CD named reflections. I asked them :( Will order it :)

Im waiting for these to arrive:

Madder Mortem - Deadlands, Desiderata (cant wait!)
Solefald - Pills..., In Harmonia..., Red for Fire...
Manatark - Crimson Hour
some older Forgotten Silence

UndoControl said:
Yes, get Reflections by Apocalyptica (the 2-cd version), and also Storm by Theatre of Tragedy.

Definetly, it's Apocalyptica's best work IMO. I have the Revised version (that was released by Universal Music CR in "honour" that they came), which comes with 5 extra songs. One of them is Seemann :cry: , one of my fave Rammstein songs.

You should get that one, but don't get the last album, it really sucks.

Nightingale - I
Opeth - Morningrise
Terror 2000 - Terror For Sale
Fear Factory - Demanufacture (Reedited Version... Double disc, Nice collector's box)
At The Gates - With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness
At The Gates - Gradens Of Grief

marduk1507 said:
If you mean the self-titled album from Apocalyptica, you are totally wrong (if they have a newer album, sorry, didnt know about that).

Nope, I meant that one. IMO it reallysucks, although I'm glad you like it. It's just that I feel that they were to compromised when doing that album, and since they got really famous they didn't do a very good job. I like a few songs (Fisheye), but the cd in general is quite dissapointing.

The songs that have guest singers really suck IMO (one was with the guy of The Rasmus right? Or ws it Him? I always get confused...).

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
Definetly, it's Apocalyptica's best work IMO. I have the Revised version (that was released by Universal Music CR in "honour" that they came), which comes with 5 extra songs. One of them is Seemann :cry: , one of my fave Rammstein songs.
Aye, that's the version i was talking about. Their cover of Seemann could have been much better, imo, but it's not too bad. It just fails to reproduce the beauty of the original. And the singer's performance leaves a lot to desire. Faraway vol. 2, on the other hand... :)

The songs that have guest singers really suck IMO (one was with the guy of The Rasmus right? Or ws it Him? I always get confused...).
Bittersweet has both of them as guest singers. I'm not too fond of it either.

marduk1507 said:
Solefald - Pills..., In Harmonia..., Red for Fire...

good choices :headbang:

well I think about to buy the older Thrice albums, because the new one Vheissu is one of the best I ever bought the last years...
and because of that I bought a ticket for their tour in may. 10€ cheapper than In Flames!!

^Finally, you found your way here :)
fireangel said:
some people here know that already :D
Insomnium are godly, and I saw them live :cool:

Wow, you really do have good music taste. Really. I would sell my soul to these guys live, but I'll just have to wait :( Is that your review of the tuska festival? It's fantastic :)

Nope, I meant that one. IMO it reallysucks, although I'm glad you like it. It's just that I feel that they were to compromised when doing that album, and since they got really famous they didn't do a very good job. I like a few songs (Fisheye), but the cd in general is quite dissapointing.

Yeah, I also could do without those with vocals, but the instrumentals really rock. Maybe its that I havent listened to them since Inq. Symph. I really like the drum work on this album, Lombardo and that Fin rule!