Which Dark Tranquillity Release Best Defines Their Work?

Which Dark Tranquillity Release Best Defines Their Work?

• Skydancer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Of Chaos and Eternal Night

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • The Gallery

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Enter Suicidal Angels

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • The Mind's I

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Projector

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Haven

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Damage Done

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Steve

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2002
Fairfield, CT (USA)
This isn't about the best album, it's about which album you think best describes Dark Tranquillity as a band and as musical artists.

All of them, because each of them is unique and different from the others. Each one defines them at a certain period of their career, so all-of-them defines them as a whole, if that makes any sense.

I'll vote for DD though, simply because i want to watch the results, and because it's their latest (it's what they are now more or less..).

I would say The Gallery,because from that one on they defined their style
at least that's my opinion

they're much too different for the hardcore fan to pick just one, imo. i'm going to choose dd too: it seems like a fairly good summary of what the guys have been up to these past years, although the old skydancer vein is almost completely lost now.

rahvin.

If DT quit today, and somebody wanted me to hand them the definitive DT album, I'd probably give them The Gallery. It contains all the elements that defined the first part of DT's creation. Or perhaps Projector. Both define DT as a band seeking new boundaries, regardless of trends and fan expectations.

Projector, though my reasons are purely personal: it was the first album of theirs I listened to, and the one that immediately comes to my mind when thinking about DT or recomending it to others. i also think its their... medium point.

Well I would fathom a guess of Projector solely because it has the added bonus of showcasing Stanne's clean singing abilities, and you simply don't get that on The Gallery.

i second what Ormir said. a single album wouldn't be enough to define the band's sound in a complete way. The Gallery and Projector could do that. if i was forced to choose a single album though, it'd still be The Gallery.

Miolo

The Mind's I, basically stands between Gallery (which is the album that drew most of us to the band and thus is so popular) and Projector (and afterwards). IMO if a "virgin" listener is introduced through TMI he will find it closely related to all of DTs former and later albums, something which no other album can achieve.

Originally posted by Thaumiel
The Mind's I, basically stands between Gallery (which is the album that drew most of us to the band and thus is so popular) and Projector (and afterwards). IMO if a "virgin" listener is introduced through TMI he will find it closely related to all of DTs former and later albums, something which no other album can achieve.

You are so right! :) but when i think of DT the gallery is the first album that comes to my mind