Which metal band are you?

Dissection

You are Dissection! You really detest the idea of organized religion, and speak out against it in your music. Your music rules, but your character is questionable. Your core member was arrested and convicted of murder, which really hurt your reputation. When he gets out, your band shall return!

quiz270outcome8.jpg
¨

Never heard of them ... :tickled:

LANTHWICK said:
my result was OPETH too ,i must listen to them more often i guess :D
That would be a very wise decision indeed... ;)

As for the question, well, I'm Iced Earth and incidentally "Iced Earth" and "Night of the stormrider" are two of my fave albums ever. :worship:

I Got Dissection... They scare me! (Should i start bewaring myself? :p)
As for Robert Trujillo does not suck! He did some great work with Jerry Cantrell. (So he has some monkey like moves, so what?)
What slowly killed metallica is Bob Rock. (He is the lousy bass player).
(From justice it was all downhil.... I hope that st Anger is the bottom)

insidethefall said:
I got Iced Earth, but that would have to be with Matt Barlow, ripper owens sucks and ruins the band

Burnt offerings :headbang:
You've got to check out "Days of purgatory", a double cd with re-recordings of most tracks from the first two albums plus a couple more tracks, all sung by Matthew Barlow! Totally agree with you about M. Barlow - one of the best metal shouters ever. :worship:

What metal band are you?

My Results:

Opeth

You are Opeth! You are very poetic with your lyrics, and your music flows like a waterfall. Your emotions change from angry to sad very quickly. Some people don't like you because you can sound too depressing. You're one of the best metal bands in the world, and you worship your fans!

yeah i'm opeth too!!and i love them..

by the way rob trujillo is really great bass player,slap genious,and really best in show business on stage..

I did a marvellous dream, a mix between meditation & music flow
It was Cynic, and the death metal will be not the same :cool:

Please read this notes from Paul Masvidal

Textures was the last song we wrote before going into the studio. At the time I wrote the introduction to Textures, I was a big fan of Robert Fripp and his Crafty League of Guitarists records. I later learned about King Crimson having that side too, because of Robert's influence. All that counterpoint madness he wrote was brilliant. Also the use of loops and ambient environments as backdrops to these sonically beautiful pieces. Much of our progressive jazz/fusion influences found their way into the songs in the form of our chord choices and harmony. A song like "How Could I" sounds to me like a classical etude. It was interesting to realize the unity in jazz and classical. Jason and I use to practice the Bach inventions with two guitars and we would swing them. It ended up sounding like Charlie Parker! All these curious little discoveries were hugely influencing us and our aspirations as artists. We spent a lot of time working on each and every detail. It was truly a labor of love. I spent a lot of time on the lyrics, they have always been very important to me. At the time of Focus, I was meditating quite often and much of that headspace became the identity of Cynic. My spiritual aspirations were woven into the sonic tapestry. The marriage of these escoteric lyrics with this escoteric music seemed right. Also, I was reading all kinds of metaphysical and psychological literature and that was a big influence. It was all about growth and learning about who I am,… it still is. I don't know how to live life without asking questions and inquiring deeper into it's meaning.

pic_cynic8.jpg

pic_cynic13.jpg

Iron Maiden

You're Iron Maiden! You're a legend in the music industry. Your legacy has lasted close to 25 years. You're all about moderation...never too much of anything, but never too little. You've always remained true to metal, and the people love you for it. Up the irons!

Fuck yeah!! :headbang:

well, not bad :headbang:

What metal band are you?
My Results:

Cryptopsy
You are Cryptopsy! You're one of the most well rounded death metal bands around! You have everything anyone could want in a death metal band: speed, technicality, heaviness, and brutality. Lightning fast guitars, drums, and bass, amazing death metal growls are what you're known for!

and then I'll beg :p

quiz270outcome3.jpg

Opeth

You are Opeth! You are very poetic with your lyrics, and your music flows like a waterfall. Your emotions change from angry to sad very quickly. Some people don't like you because you can sound too depressing. You're one of the best metal bands in the world, and you worship your fans!

It seemes that many are like opeth...

Iced earth...but I've been a Metallica fan since ages, although I'm more into melodic death metal and "metal with a touch of world music", like Orphaned Land.

Cool thread!

I'm Iced Earth...

...which sucks, since only thing I ever liked about that band is Bobby Jarzombek.