Votes: 38 43.2%
  • Latter-period Opeth - "Blackwater Park", "Deliverance", & "Damnation"

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Can't choose: I like them all the same

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Too hard to pick

Votes: 12 13.6%

• Total voters
I like Orchid and Morningrise best still, but overall, I just pretty much like all the albums the same....it depends on my mood. Even I won't ALWAYS feel like listening to those albums.

They are all like 10/10 albums....well, except for like Deliverance which I may give a 9/10.

I do like all the album, but for a while all I've been able to listen to from them is Morningrise and Orchid. Those albums are fucking amazing. Just too amazing. If I reach for a metal album, my hand naturally goes for one of those two CDs.

I would have voted "It's too hard to pick" because I love MAYH more than Orchid, but you see it goes like this:

Morningrise = best Opeth album (thus getting 4 points)
MAYH = second best Opeth album (thus getting 3)
Orchid = third best Opeth album (thus getting 2)
Still Life = fourth best Opeth album (thus getting 1)

4 + 2 = 6 > 4 = 3 + 1

\m/

i like em all the same...they all hit me the same way however ive gotten into Orchid finally but i like the sound as a whole not just by one or two records...

for me...still life. i love everything about that album except the little intentional cutoff in SPD. it flows perfectly. the atmosphere in that cd is thick and the songs themselves are awesome.

I voted for mid period because MAYH is my favourite. It should have been divided up like this IMO:

-Orchid/Morningrise
-MAYH
-Still Life/Blackwater Park/Deliverance
-Damnation

It´s fucking hard to choose, since the "Orchid/Mourningrise" period was really good.

But My fav. is "Still life" so I vote for the mid-period.

MAYH and SL to me are their definitive sound. Newer style, but still the old dark foresty feel.

Also, a lot of people overlook the fact that MAYH still has the twin guitar thing going on. Mikael's said a few times that he was tired of that and wanted to get away from it when he wrote it, but it's there anyway. It wasn't until SL that they went with the guitars-in-the-middle, riff/lead thing.

Morningrise and MAYH, but those two are not together on your list.

And I believe, still, without a doubt, MAYH is the best metal cd ever (insert period here)

This is "favorite album" in disguise, I think... but whatever. I'll always pick whichever category Still Life is in, but I think if you're really going to divide it up, it should be like this...

Orchid / Morningrise
MAYH / Still Life / Blackwater Park
Deliverance / Damnation

A bit more limited, and a bit more obvious as to who the winner will be, but I feel like Still Life reflected, more than any other album, great, great songwriting ingenuity. I feel like some of the other albums were a bit more bland (*cough* D1, D2 *cough*), but Still Life was alot different. BWP was a great example as well... also, probably their overall best album.