which opeth's song most fun to play?

Leper Affinity is a rather difficult song to play and sing at the same time, we always use it as a alkoholmeter at parties with the other guitarist in the band, when one of us no longer can play it, he is drunk. ;P

"Benighted/Still day beneath the sun" are also very fun to play...

I love to play opeth songs cuz they are pretty simple afterall (not always)
and very fun to play...it gives the perfect live feeling. Still life is probably their most difficult album.

I really like playing Advent, but it's only really fun when it's me and my mate playing both parts.
April Ethereal is nice and simple yet strangely satisfying imo.

Moonlapse said:
That is indeed quite fantastic. It's one of the rare sections on Deliverance (the album) that I like. I actually did a little recording of that way back and ill post it again for shits and giggles:

http://users.tpg.com.au/afiteam/afji.mp3

wow, that's practically perfect! great job man. i like playing it on my classical acoustic guitar, sounds really good. i guess this is a whole other topic kind of but what do you have against deliverance?

in limbow said:
wow, that's practically perfect! great job man. i like playing it on my classical acoustic guitar, sounds really good. i guess this is a whole other topic kind of but what do you have against deliverance?

I've explained that a bunch of times in the past... so much actually that I'm tired of doing it, haha. If you really care, just use the search function to dig up some old deliverance threads and you're more than likely to see a post or two in there by me.

Thanks for the comment on the recording.

we played ;
-Forest of october
-demon of the fall
-godhead's lament
-leper affinity
-bleak
-harvest
-the drapery falls
-deliverance
-a fair judgement
-windowpane
cuz we are an opeth tribute band(i'm the drummer) and i like to play demon of the fall and the drapery falls..

HEY GUYS! As far as I can tell the tuning on the new album is DADFAE, I'm going to have to redo my tabs for Ghost of Perdition slightly and Isolation Years considerably...I still think that The Grand Conjuration is in DADFAD though based on the ringing Ds in the intro riff. The one for Reverie/Harlequin Forest should be pretty close to 100%, though. Anyway, for those asking about baying of the hounds, here's what some friend of mine did so far. I have to edit it so it's all in the right tuning and correct a bunch of things and do the last few minutes, but this is most of it.

http://www.emotears.com/~wankerness/bayingofthehounds.ptb

That one is pretty amusing to play, I must admit. Anyway my favorites to play are Demon of the Fall, The Funeral Portrait, The Leper Affinity, and Ghost of Perdition I think.

Oh, and I dunno if I'm going to end up tabbing Beneath the Mire, the outro would SUCK REALLY HARD to tab thanks to weedly little lead things drowned in effects. I did the first two riffs but I dunno how much more I'm going to do. Atonement I could probably do pretty easily I just haven't felt like it yet. Anddddddddd the other ballady one which I forgot the name of I dunno if I'll do either cause I only like the first half and the rest would be annoying to tab unless I ignore the keyboard and go "LOL REST FOR 300 BARS"

EDIT: I just looked at the version ofthe tab which I have uploaded, and noticed I only changed the positioning on that one riff at m27 for the first repeats, it's how the guy had it originally when the lead comes in. Obviously don't try playing it like that :X

wankerness said:
HEY GUYS! As far as I can tell the tuning on the new album is DADFAE, I'm going to have to redo my tabs for Ghost of Perdition slightly and Isolation Years considerably...I still think that The Grand Conjuration is in DADFAD though based on the ringing Ds in the intro riff. The one for Reverie/Harlequin Forest should be pretty close to 100%, though. Anyway, for those asking about baying of the hounds, here's what some friend of mine did so far. I have to edit it so it's all in the right tuning and correct a bunch of things and do the last few minutes, but this is most of it.

http://www.emotears.com/~wankerness/bayingofthehounds.ptb

That one is pretty amusing to play, I must admit. Anyway my favorites to play are Demon of the Fall, The Funeral Portrait, The Leper Affinity, and Ghost of Perdition I think.

Oh, and I dunno if I'm going to end up tabbing Beneath the Mire, the outro would SUCK REALLY HARD to tab thanks to weedly little lead things drowned in effects. I did the first two riffs but I dunno how much more I'm going to do. Atonement I could probably do pretty easily I just haven't felt like it yet. Anddddddddd the other ballady one which I forgot the name of I dunno if I'll do either cause I only like the first half and the rest would be annoying to tab unless I ignore the keyboard and go "LOL REST FOR 300 BARS"

EDIT: I just looked at the version ofthe tab which I have uploaded, and noticed I only changed the positioning on that one riff at m27 for the first repeats, it's how the guy had it originally when the lead comes in. Obviously don't try playing it like that :X

Cool! man, you simple awesome! I really appreciate your efforts:)
I would say the GoP tab u made, very close to original already.
nice work:headbang:

are u from this bereavement band from hk?

For me, for guitar, i like to play deliverance, GoP, MoA and Gohead's Lament.

For drums, again GoP and deliverance, Windowpane, DotF, and When.

Windowpane said:
are u from this bereavement band from hk?

For me, for guitar, i like to play deliverance, GoP, MoA and Gohead's Lament.

For drums, again GoP and deliverance, Windowpane, DotF, and When.

yes, I am in the band "Bereavement" and I am the vocal/guitar :)

guitar: i thoroughly enjoy the drapery falls, and the moor...

but probably my fave songs overall to play would be deliverance and forest of october. and for fave solo to play - a fair judgement.

also windowpane im quite a fan of... so simple yet so beautiful... OH, for acoustic soft stuff patterns in the ivy pt 2 is also awesome.