which opeth's song most fun to play?

I like playing To Bid You Farewell, it's so chill and I like improvising little things here and there. It also has some really cool guitar parts and I like to use the wah in the middle of it.

Bereavement said:
I can grunt :tickled: but april ethereal originially was screaming style..I mean those high pitches tone.

I just recorded a short clip of april ethereal with my crappy playing..and with growls..lol, I growls not good..please don't mind :)

Shit man, your April cover rock! Too bad it isn't longer! :)

I'm listening to your own tracks right now, too bad
the recording suxx :)
But don't be shy, it sounds real good - keep it up.

I love playing:
White Cluster
Godhead's Lament
When
The Moor
Bleak
The Drapery Falls
Advent
The Leper Affinity
The Funeral Portrait - especially the solos!

I wouldn't know which one is the hardest song to play.. TBH i don't find any of their songs too challenging unless there's lots of finger picking.

EDIT: Just listened to the April Ethereal cover - not bad.. i kinda liked the vocals.. the hi-hat sound sucked though lol.

I've been thinking about doing a swing version of The Leper Affinity... What do you think, would I be hailed as the God of Music, or would everyone hire a hitman for me?

I think you would sound like a complete "blues master" if you could play the 2 solos from window pane, possibly opeth's best IMHO.

Bereavement said:
I can grunt :tickled: but april ethereal originially was screaming style..I mean those high pitches tone.

I just recorded a short clip of april ethereal with my crappy playing..and with growls..lol, I growls not good..please don't mind :)

http://www.hkxnet.net/vincent/april.mp3
great stuff

someone's got to teach me how to growl because I can't understand :/
Maybe I'll ask Mike next month

In the last days I've been learning Advent, it's really easy...no skills needed, many cool riffs, simple rhythms. Maybe a second giutar would be useful for some riffs, but it's pretty fun with only me, my pedal, my amp and my drum machine.

I'll soon try to add the vocals :D

Benighted Joe said:
Shit man, your April cover rock! Too bad it isn't longer! :)

I'm listening to your own tracks right now, too bad
the recording suxx :)
But don't be shy, it sounds real good - keep it up.

Thanks man! If you like I'll try to record the full lenght later on:)
Yes, the recording of our songs kinda sxxk~lol, I recorded them in my home and with a drum machine instead of real drums. I glad that u like them :):headbang:

opeth_353 said:
I love playing:
White Cluster
Godhead's Lament
When
The Moor
Bleak
The Drapery Falls
Advent
The Leper Affinity
The Funeral Portrait - especially the solos!

I wouldn't know which one is the hardest song to play.. TBH i don't find any of their songs too challenging unless there's lots of finger picking.

EDIT: Just listened to the April Ethereal cover - not bad.. i kinda liked the vocals.. the hi-hat sound sucked though lol.

The Cover songs I tried to play:
theTwilight is my robe
In Mist she was standing
Black Rose Immortal
April Ethereal
When
Demon of the fall
Credence
Benighted
Harvest
The Drapery falls
Deliverance