Votes: 9 12.3%
  • That's just noise!

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • How can you listen to that?

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • You think they're GOOD musicians?

Votes: 23 31.5%

• Total voters
I'm in for 'You think they are good musicians?' mainly because it's coming from a) someone who has zero idea about rock and roll or metal and b) a jealous musician :) wondering why all bands can't sound like Cat Stevens. Plus, I hate when someone pisses on someone's playing skills because the band doesn't happen to create music that person likes.

I'd have to pick "do you consider that music?". Fucking idiots everywhere ask me that one. "Yes asshole, its better music than your trendslut mind can handle."

"do u consider this music?" well, this pisses me off together with "that's just noise"....cause what should be considered as music? britney spears? give me a break!

Harp Heaven said:
Please refrain from such ignorant statements. You have obviously never checked out some of the dance/electronic stuff that`s out there. Saying the stuff you did above is just as fucking ignorant as "that`s just noise" or "they are poor musicians". Have you ever heard Aphex Twin, Autechre or Squarepusher?

Indeed, this statement is exactly the same as the phrases in the poll, so if those aimed towards metal pissed me off (I listen to lots of dance/electronica) so would Meat's post.

Fortunately it doesn't, but for meat: dance is actually very similar to metal. Not in style (although there are some brilliant crossovers), but in the fact that if you actually bother to look beneath the more accessible, diluted "pop" surface of the genre - which in itself has good points and it's talent both in metal and dance - there are many talented and original musicians..

Fourka said:
cause what should be considered as music? britney spears? give me a break!

You don't consider Britney Spears music? :err:

What is not musical about it - it's catchy, very melodic, uses traditional musical structures etc. etc. etc. Infact going by the accepted western definition of music it is more musical than metal is..

The drive behind the creativity may be different to that of the majority of metal bands, and you may not like it, but you'd have to be amazingly short-sighted and biased to claim it wasn't music. :dopey:

Russell said:
You don't consider Britney Spears music? :err:

What is not musical about it - it's catchy, very melodic, uses traditional musical structures etc. etc. etc. Infact going by the accepted western definition of music it is more musical than metal is..

The drive behind the creativity may be different to that of the majority of metal bands, and you may not like it, but you'd have to be amazingly short-sighted and biased to claim it wasn't music. :dopey:

Well, Britney Spears is said to be music. But, for me if metal is 20 times music, then Britney Spears is 2 times. In the case of the moron that tells me that metal isn't considered to be music, then my opinion is that Britney Spears then is definetely NOT music. If i would be listening to Britney Spears I wouldn't do that for her music but I would only watch her videoclips because she is "pretty" and in the case I was a boy I may wanted to see her boobs instead of listen to her music :"Oops! I farted again!" hehehe...
But lets just not compare metal with britney spears..

Anyway, if you want me to answer straight away to your question, then britney spears is music. But I don't like it. Do u?

All of them piss me off, but I picked "You think they're GOOD musicians?" because it really makes me angry how some people think that metal musicians are not good musicians when they listen to untalnented pieces of shit like Nelly or 50 Cent.

well i voted for "that's just noise" simply cuz i hear that one the most.
It doesn't really bother me much that people say that, everyone's entitled to their own opinion

Russell said:
I have no less respect for anyone if I find out they are a big fan of hers :)

you seem a good person russel...there are no many people i've met that respect britney spears listeners...i am not one of them but i can surely say that i don't have many things in common with britney spears fans.
but at the end of the day...is the phrase "this is what i like" acceptable? Sure it is. So, i should shut the fuck up! :bah:

Fourka said:
you seem a good person russel...there are no many people i've met that respect britney spears listeners...i am not one of them but i can surely say that i don't have many things in common with britney spears fans.
but at the end of the day...is the phrase "this is what i like" acceptable? Sure it is. So, i should shut the fuck up! :bah:

Thanks :D But my post wasn't a dig at you incase it came across that way :)

This guy I work with is in a band and when he found out I listen to Metal (real metal), he said that exact same thing "You think they're GOOD musicians!"

That's freaky!

--IV

Russell said:
Thanks :D But my post wasn't a dig at you incase it came across that way :)

heheh...i realised that! Don't worry!! Have a beer for me then and I will have one for you! Cheers! :)

Btw, I am a "member" now and not a "junior member"!!! Yeeeaaaaah!!!!! :Spin:

None of it pisses me off anymore. I wouldn't want someone so closed-minded as to make a comment like that enjoying my passion anyway. I don't like rap music (except for a couple of songs because of their comedic value) and I might even bitch about it, but not to a rap fans face unless he/she somehow forced me to listen to it.

Bryant