while we're on the subject of opeth...

Neurotomania

Just here for the beer
Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
...err... the new arch enemy album FUCKING SUCKS

it's some of the most piss poor bland nu metal I've -ever- heard.

God I'm fucking depressed, that was about my one big hope for a decent album this year.

UGHHH.

Mary mother of christ I'm so gutted in flames gone, metallica (even more) gone, sepultura, megadeth, pantera, death, soilwork - everyones sold out or split up (rip Chuckie :'( )

SOMEONE RIGHT NOW GIVE ME THE NAME OF A BAND THAT WILL RESTORE MY FAITH IN METAL

no stupidly obscure whale noise metal either.

please I'm begging you suggest some decent metal bands of any sub genre that I can get my teeth into and hide from the failing of most of the greats, all the bands i love suck now besides a small few (opeth, dark tranquillity, testament etc)

please give me bands to listen to

i know daylight dies (great) ephel duath (hate) amon amarth (great) children of bodom (hate) nightrage (great) and bolt thrower (shit) I'll try out the others. keep the suggestions coming, and god try suggesting to someone on the AE forum that the new albums crap - which it so clearly is, and they go fucking apeshit, bunch of fanboys.

I downloaded Arch Enemy's new album! Was it Wages of Sin? If not, I got an older one. Anyway, the growling chick singer :D I didnt think it was numetal, I think thats sexy that chicks growl. I saw her on music video, shes hot.

BrandonS said:
I downloaded Arch Enemy's new album! Was it Wages of Sin? If not, I got an older one. Anyway, the growling chick singer :D I didnt think it was numetal, I think thats sexy that chicks growl. I saw her on music video, shes hot.

their newest (anthems of rebellion) is terrible, and not easily downloaded from anywhere at the moment. wages of sin is a good album, only a couple of tracks I don't like. the problem with the new one is that it isn't good. in fact its bad, each song only has about 3 riffs, all terrible, its downtuned so much there's no life left in the melodic sections - all the riffs literally go like

A A

A A

A A A A A B A

and there are LOADS of horrible sounding squeals and growls.

and the chorus of every single song is balls.

I'm gonna get me a novembre album... I actually bought a daylight dies album when I saw them supporting katatonia,

only cleverly, due to the fact I couldn't read their logo I didn't bother watching them and turned up late.

Clever eh.

The Chasm - Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Suffocation - Pierced from Within
Martyr - Warp Zone
Dismember - Like an Ever-flowing Stream
Eucharist - Mirrorworlds
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Ulver - Bergtatt
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence
Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscope

Random suggestions.