Who Are You?

oooooooooooow, hoe lief :)

vanwaar ergens in België?

ik kom uit de provintie van Namen.
ik hab 8 jaar Nederlands onderwijs in de school . Maar nu kan ik niet meer spreken... ik heb de woordenschat vergeten...ik begriip toch :)
(everything just comes in German when i try to write in Dutch :p)

ik hab 8 jaar Nederlands onderwijs in de school . Maar nu kan ik niet meer spreken... ik heb de woordenschat vergeten...ik begriip toch :)
(everything just comes in German when i try to write in Dutch :p)

aha, franstalig dus, kan ik ook een beetje (een heel klein beetje dan :p )

hoe kan je nu zo een geweldige taal vergeten? :p

Wow! I´m pretty sure I´m gonna be good at Dutch if I ever decide to study it!!!

Correct me if I´m wrong, but doesn´t it say:

"I come from the province of Van Namen. I´ve had Dutch for 8 years in school. But now I can´t speak it anymore. I´ve forgotten ...? I don´t get it (?)"

Wow! I´m pretty sure I´m gonna be good at Dutch if I ever decide to study it!!!

Correct me if I´m wrong, but doesn´t it say:

"I come from the province of Van Namen. I´ve had Dutch for 8 years in school. But now I can´t speak it anymore. I´ve forgotten ...? I don´t get it (?)"

:) correct... last parts were " i forgot the vocabulary but i understand it though"

black core: well as i have to speak german all the time (and one year before i did an exchange year in the usa so i had to speak english all the time), both things made me forgot my dutch :p
took me "hours" to write the above sentence... as i do not have my dictionary here

@Miltbrand: how the hell did you know that? you've got somekind of translator, don't you?

Nah, a lot of Dutch and Danish words are a lot alike, so I just looked at it until it made sense...

Take a look, and see how much the Dutch and Danish words look alike:

Dutch: ik kom uit de provintie van Namen.
Danish: Jeg kommer fra provinsen van Namen

Dutch: ik hab 8 jaar Nederlands onderwijs in de school .
Danish: Jeg har (haft) 8 aars undervisning i hollandsk (or nederlandsk) i skolen.

Dutch: Maar nu kan ik niet meer spreken...
Danish: Men nu kan jeg ikke sproget mere (or - Men nu kan jeg ikke tale det mere)

Dutch: ik heb de woordenschat vergeten...
Danish: Jeg har glemt ordforrådet

Dutch: ik begriip toch
Danish: Jeg begriber det dog (this one is pretty stretched!)

To Danes, Dutch sounds pretty much like a mix between Danish, German and English. Danish kids learn English in school from 4th grade, and German from 7th, I think, so in theory, a mix of these languages, shouldn´t be too hard to learn...
Note that I said in theory, coz there must be a reason why linguists have rated Dutch as the hardest language to learn in the world! The 2nd hardest is a dialect of Han-Chinese, and the 3rd is, *b-dum-tschijj*, Danish!

well yeah, its pretty close after all... like french with spanish/italian/portuguese and romanian (but with the last one, there are in fact quite a few differences since it was also influenced by russian)

nope, dutch is because of all of our spelling and of course the slightly difficult grammer (understatement)

@Dark Silence: french/spanish/italian/portuguese are all roman languages, they all come from Latin so they are very much alike
same with Dutch/English/German/and aparantly Danish cuz they are all Germanic languages

nope, dutch is because of all of our spelling and of course the slightly difficult grammer (understatement)

German grammar is worst, with the declensions... and the choice between "der, die, das"...

What i think is the most difficult to learn in French, is the spelling / reading (because its spelled and pronouced different)...
there are also quite a few irregular verbs and some awfull past tenses that no one ever use exept in old books...

Japanese is cool, but i think i would never have the courage to start learning it, because of all teh signs you have to know.... there are so many... i have 2 japanese friends, and they told me that some signs have more than one maning, and that even them didnt know all the signs...

^in that case latin is, it has more than German

i dont know why, it was easier to remember those of latin :loco:

what is very difficult for me with german, is that with some prepositions you have to use sometimes accusative and sometimes dative, and i have a hard time to learn when you use one or the other... it has something to do with the movement a thing does or not, but i sem to have the wrong concept of what ios considered as a movement or not :ill:

and there are so many prepositions (compared to French... the notion of movement is not so present in french)

bookmarked :) for when i have a better knowlege of German, of course... or i may forgot all what i already know !