NAME: CHRISTOPHER
FAVORITE BAND: I DON'T KNOW
SOMETHING UNUSUAL ABOUT ME: I LIKE BEES
FAVORITE SPORT: NONE
FAVORITE TEAM: NONE

Name- Nareg
Ethnic Background-middle eastern
favorite band- it always changes around here and there, right now Necrophagist
favorite games- Counter Strike Source, BF 2142, BF 2, Half Life 2, Day of Defeat Source

Name: Cillian
Favourite bands: Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus, Slayer, Pantera, Testament, Kreator, Death and Mastodon
Favourite Sport: Water sports. Hohoho, am I not clever...

Name: Michael
Favorite bands: Graveworm, Dark Tranquillity, Rhapsody
Favorite composers: Rachmaninov, Beethoven, Chopin

Nah, a lot of Dutch and Danish words are a lot alike, so I just looked at it until it made sense...

Take a look, and see how much the Dutch and Danish words look alike:

Dutch: ik kom uit de provintie van Namen.
Danish: Jeg kommer fra provinsen van Namen

Dutch: ik hab 8 jaar Nederlands onderwijs in de school .
Danish: Jeg har (haft) 8 aars undervisning i hollandsk (or nederlandsk) i skolen.

Dutch: Maar nu kan ik niet meer spreken...
Danish: Men nu kan jeg ikke sproget mere (or - Men nu kan jeg ikke tale det mere)

Dutch: ik heb de woordenschat vergeten...
Danish: Jeg har glemt ordforrådet

Dutch: ik begriip toch
Danish: Jeg begriber det dog (this one is pretty stretched!)

To Danes, Dutch sounds pretty much like a mix between Danish, German and English. Danish kids learn English in school from 4th grade, and German from 7th, I think, so in theory, a mix of these languages, shouldn´t be too hard to learn...
Note that I said in theory, coz there must be a reason why linguists have rated Dutch as the hardest language to learn in the world! The 2nd hardest is a dialect of Han-Chinese, and the 3rd is, *b-dum-tschijj*, Danish!

the too are similar indeed. My grandmother's from Denmark (which makes me 1/4-Danish ;)) and she learned Dutch (more dialect form actually, 'Ghentish' (if that's even a word)) very quickly. :)
Welcome to the board, mate :headbang: :kickass: