Who is going to the LFDGD gig in Köln?

Kains D

Am I my brother's keeper?
Feb 17, 2002
Visit site
Unicorn, are you there? You probably don't remember me, but I fondly remember your Omerta cover. Anyway, I was hoping to meet with Katatonia fans the day before the concert. This is the second time I travel to Germany and I loved it. It'll be great meeting German and abroad Katatonia fans. :D

Hi :)
I wanna go to cologne, still didn't buy the ticket though.
There is a thread where it says who will go to which shows. Some more people of the forum will be in cologne :)

Hi :)
I wanna go to cologne, still didn't buy the ticket though.
There is a thread where it says who will go to which shows. Some more people of the forum will be in cologne :)
Great! Looking forward to meet you. Maybe listen to more of your stuff. ;)

The thread is focused on the London gig. No one mentions if there's going to be some fan meetings or anything.

My good self will.

Cool. How about some Kata-fan-meeting before?

This thread is "focused on the London gig"? I don't quite think so... and you could just bring up the Cologne topic there, but nevermind ;)

What exactly do you have in mind concerning a pre-show-meeting?
I don't know yet if I'll have any time the day before, but if someone needs Cologne-related help or ideas, feel free to drop me a line because I stay in the Colognian suburbs (also known as the former capital of West Germany) and could probably help.

Woops, I was referring to the 'something-something Koko' topic. Guess my usual goofiness still makes me trip with my own legs...

Well, have a beer (just one, Europe is beautiful but fucking expensive), chat about the old days (maybe not too old, as I became a fan when LFDGD was released). If you mean about the date, I referred to meeting on the 4th. Does anyone know when are we supposed to be there for the meet and greet? Also, how much merchandise can we take for the band to sign? A couple of friends have helped me to make the leap all the way to Europe, and they'd like to have some booklets signed.

Thanks for your offering. How about a cheap hostel? And where can one have a nice, cheap meal? I visited Köln only once in 2007. It was a brief tour to the tallest cathedral ever, eating some really good ice-cream (people stared, well, it was early November) and being offered 'to be treated as a sexual god' by this tall, hairy, viking-like guy. Felt abashed, and almost said yes, but then my friends rescued me and took me back to their place in Hagen. :p

Haha, no problem, I was already wondering if you got the wrong thread (;
I am aware you meant the 4th, but I don't know if I will be available that day.

May I know where you are from? Because beer in Germany is actually pretty cheap - at least compared to most of the rest of Europe...

Alright, I combined some information for you and everyone else who is interested.

Hostels:

# Some years ago I stayed at the Meiniger City Hostel, it's central, easy to access and quite nice with friendly staff. You can get a dorm bed for about 17.00€ and lockers/luggage room.
From this hostel it's a 5-minute walk to the "Rudolfplatz" tram station where you can get a tram "15, to Ubierring" and 11 minutes later you get off at "Ubierring", walk some hundred metres along the Bayernstraße and voilà, arrive in front of the venue (make it 20 minutes altogether).

# Another one would be the A&O Hostel Köln Neumarkt, not far from the one mentioned before, about 22.00€ per night. From "Neumarkt" station you can get the "16, to Sürth/Bad Godesberg" and hop off at "Ubierring" 11 minutes later (see, takes about the same time as from the other hostel).

# Last one I can think of now is the Station Hostel, about 10 - 15 minutes walk from Cologne Cathedral/Main Station... they offer beds from 17.00€. You'd have to walk to the subway station inside of the Main Railway station, take the "16, to Sürth/Bad Godesberg" to get to "Ubierring" in 15 minutes and that'd be at least 30 minutes altogether.

Check the internet for more cheap accomodations, but stay away from places in Riehl, Niehl, Nippes, Sürth or wherever as they're quite far away from the city centre / the concert venue. Also, Deutz is quite close, but more expensive, because of the Messe Hall there.

Food:

I don't know what exactly you're looking for and to be honest, when I'm in Cologne Central I always struggle to find a good place to eat... but there seem to be quite a lot of reasonable places around Heumarkt and also along the Rhine.
Actually, the whole "heart of Cologne" has many places to offer, you just need to get away from the shopping streets. Sorry, I cannot really help you right now, but if you specify what exactly you have in mind, I could look into it.

If I was you Kains D, I would be pretty grateful about Swanys post :) Awesome info in there.
Btw. I bought my ticket finally, yes!
There will be some non-forum friends at the Cologne show also. Counting the days!

If I was you Kains D, I would be pretty grateful about Swanys post :) Awesome info in there.

And I am. You German guys are su fucking awesome. :)

Haven't replied because I still depend on getting paid this Friday to book everything. But yeah, should just post a simple thanks in the meantime.

Danke Schön, Swany!