Who is the worst singer in metal?

Even Vulgar Display was impressive.

FBD was where Phil's voice started getting annoying, but Use My Third Arm is still great as raw screams go.

And Phil's work on Down II is commendable as well. NOLA's vocals sucked though.

I don't think being able to do falsetto instantly makes you a good singer. Halford and Ripper Owens are both average vocalists, but they're overcommended for their screeches, and hailed as METLAL GODZ!!!11!!!11!

Uh...no. Falsetto doesn't mean everything. Look at the singers from Opeth and Fear Factory.

And Jonathan Davis gets my vote. A flat, tuneless whine with wannabe aggressive screaming and faux rap. It's disgusting.

it sounds to me that you are saying that halford and owens use falsetto for the high notes...

if that is what you are saying you are grossly mistaken... its head voice, and if properly developed, it can take on the timbre of chest voice quick convincingly (this is the essence of being able to hit the high notes in full voice)

opera singers who can hit those clear high Cs and higher with absolutely no strain are able to do it because they mix chest voice with head voice instead of going for pure chest voice which causes strain.

the difference between falsetto and head voice is that the vocal chords are widely seperated in falsetto, while they are together in head voice and u just use the inner thin edges of the chords for both.

the reason tim owens IS a very technically accomplished singer isn't because he can sing in the soprano range, but its because he can fluidly connect his chest voice and head voice ranges without his voice cracking. its not easy to do, i've been working on it for months now, and getting power and full tone with it is remarkably difficult.

Damn people... just because you don't like someone's style it doesn't mean they are a bad singer! Sammet, Kotipelto, and Labrie are all at the very least competent as singers! You might hate their guts and the way the sound, but you can't say they don't know how to sing! There are plenty of people out there who can't even sing in tune or control their vibrato... why on earth would you pick someone who is good, but you don't like?

It's difficult to say. I think it's hard enough for anyone to sing just under water. Is it solid or liquid metal in question?

To all the people bashing Mustaine, I can understand.

But if you think it would sound good with ANYONE else, you're dumb as hell.

Ahhh yes. Just curious cause I recently been jammin' them.
But my vote for worst singer in metal has to be...wow there's too many!
Going with the hoagly ass broad from Otep:puke:

I read somewhere that all these power metal singers like to take it up the ass to develop their range and hit higher notes ???

Is that true ? I really wonder how they do to achive such gayness in their singing !

Power metal as a genre always appeared to me as very suspecious from its premice ... ( Germany, Helloween, same double bass pattern on every song for like 20 years, bland riffs, lame lyrics themes, corny artworks )

Anyone that hates on Kotipelto should first take a look at that guy from Hammerfall... i don't know in what universe that guy can beat Timo K.

I really don't dig the guy from Firewind too much

Zonata has a piss poor singer... comical, really

Anyone who wants to know who the worst singer in Metal is, click the banner in my sig. You'll hear the worst singer in metal.