who likes Lid?

Judge gsz

Oct 12, 2001
Hoeselt, BELGIUM
www.geocities.com
Lid is the band Danny Cavanagh was in, together with Erik Wagner from Trouble. So far, they heve only released one album called "In the mushroom". I it have for about one year now, and I really like. It is rock, quite influenced by sixties and seventies rock, and it has some really beautiful songs on it.

Although the music sounds nothing like Anathema, you can still hear it's Danny playing the guitar. And I think a lot of Anathema fans will dig it, 'cos it's also quite emotional.

Does anyone else here have it/like it?

cya

Judge

I have had it from the day it was released and I do like it quite a bit. Very relaxed and laid down music just like you described. It isn't really that different from Anathema even the atmosphere is quite different between these two bands.

Official Lid page can be found at http://home.clara.net/anathema/bandL/front.html (haven't been updated for over a year though since not much has happened lately and I think the band is most likely dead and gone)

That thing with Lid appears to be a one-shot. All signs are indicating that Eric Wagner is back in the studio with his old Trouble friends, recording new material. I agree that the Lid recording contains some awesome stuff, and a total Anathema vibe, although Wagner's vocals are as un-Anathemish as you could get. Mixing sixties and seventies styled psychadelia with somber melancholiness made for a fine CD, highly recommended.