Who would you like to see Andy produce?

A Reunited Carcass! That's the best thing that could happen in metal right now!!!!!! This really needs to happen!!:kickass:

Absolutely :worship:

And the Sepultura Reunion too :headbang:

And of course new albums with Andy and Colin behind the table. That would be :worship:

Blind is #1 or #2 on my list for how a metal album should sound.... Oh well, different strokes & all. BTW, my favourite tracks were "Damned for all time" & "Echoes in the Well." Both with Karl singing. What a unique voice!

My dying bride

That would certainly be interesting. They've had pretty good production for some years now, but it's a totally different vibe than Andy's work, the rhythm section especially. They're very loose- in an old-school way; I don't mean sloppy, acoustic drum sounds, etc. They've got clean production and enormous sounds, but the feel is more... "organic" than "polished".

Absolutely, very organic and "real" sounding. And i'm not sure that Andys sound would suite their music, but it would certainly be interesting to hear.

I agree, it would be interesting to hear, much in the same way as the "non-metal band" suggestions. I'd like to hear it done in proper My Dying Bride fashion- no click, acoustic drums in a room, one guitar track per side.

Failing that, I'd love to hear some Morbid Angel, Decapitated, Behemoth, or Meshuggah get Sneapified. :kickass:

Which reminds me... for those looking to hear Andy mix some non-metal, there's always the first half of Opeth's Lamentations DVD. I have the second ripped to CD already; I should do the first...

porcupine tree? however...i love steven wilsons production...yeah. could be neat though.
Not gonna happen...

Just bought the new issue of "Recording Magazin" today and there is an interview with him. He says he is a control freak and doesn't want anybody to mix his songs even though he admits that other people may be able to do so very well (how generous... :loco:). He also says that he believes to be able to do mixes like any of those top guys.

There's also a lot of info on his studio/gear. I'm not a PT fan and it's off topic but if anyone's interested I post it/hook you up with it.

Blind is #1 or #2 on my list for how a metal album should sound.... Oh well, different strokes & all. BTW, my favourite tracks were "Damned for all time" & "Echoes in the Well." Both with Karl singing. What a unique voice!

Exactly what I thought! Technocracy doesn't sound bad either but it's quite different from Blind... I actually like it even more.

I'd like to hear more classic melodic metal produced by Andy. Especially Dio :headbang: . Dio's voice on top of andy's crushing guitar sounds & big drums... I'd be in heaven :loco:

Not gonna happen...

Just bought the new issue of "Recording Magazin" today and there is an interview with him. He says he is a control freak and doesn't want anybody to mix his songs even though he admits that other people may be able to do so very well (how generous... :loco:). He also says that he believes to be able to do mixes like any of those top guys.

There's also a lot of info on his studio/gear. I'm not a PT fan and it's off topic but if anyone's interested I post it/hook you up with it.

that would be pretty sweet if you could post it or something...or just pm it to me. i freaking love pt. anyway, yeah...i dont blame Steven..i would want to be in complete control too...unless i didnt know what i was doing.