Who would you like to see Andy produce?

How about some Opeth?? Deliverance sounded great on the mix end of things so I would be interested to see how a Sneap produced Opeth album would be!

Not gonna happen...

Just bought the new issue of "Recording Magazin" today and there is an interview with him. He says he is a control freak and doesn't want anybody to mix his songs even though he admits that other people may be able to do so very well (how generous... :loco:). He also says that he believes to be able to do mixes like any of those top guys.

There's also a lot of info on his studio/gear. I'm not a PT fan and it's off topic but if anyone's interested I post it/hook you up with it.
There you go.

*snip*
MNEMIC
*snip*

Well, Andy was supposed to mix the new mnemic, but according to the band:

"The plan was to mix with Andy Sneap, but we ran into some 'technical differences'... TRIGGERS! We do not utilize triggers, and have not been utilizing triggers on the last two albums, therefore it did not make any sense to have Sneap mix the album, so we decided to go for an old friend of ours, who understands the band, and has been there with us from DAY 1."

Since all Mnemic albums are such a "trig-o-rama", i got curious of what the hell was going on with Mr. Sneaps mixing technique, that I ended up here ;)

If I remember right the new vocalist mentioned that Christian from FF mixed, with the band and some other guy I can't recall.

I'm surprised a band that used Line 6, was so focused on an almost machine-like thunk at so many points on the last album, and that used so many odd outside noises and extra vocal tracks would not only refuse to trigger but also avoid Sneap completely because they thought he'd chain them to the ceiling and trigger-rape their drum kit. Odd. I'm still buying it, though.

Jeff

I honestly don't put SYL in the list of bands that Andy could do as well on - if you can find anyone who can beat City, in all seriousness, I shall commence the sacrifices immediately.

Jeff

Nuclear Assault for both the "Survive" album and "Handle with Care" album. I listened to these last night at a mate's place (after a verrrrrrrrrrry long time)and they took me back many years to when they were released (yeah I am an old bastard:lol: ). I think the sound suits the era, but would like to see what Mr Sneap could have done with them.

"You say a double standard's OK............I'm telling you that is insane.........."