Who you leaning towards in 2008 Presidential Election?

Rock the Vote (With your cack out)

• Rudy "I love faggoths" Giuliani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • That midget liberal who looks like an old Guardian of Darkness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, just with the fact that Obama will be president in 2 months sent the stock market down 400 today. :lol:

So, anyway... RIA, excited that California got rid of Twinkage?

So, just with the fact that Obama will be president in 2 months sent the stock market down 400 today. :lol:
Yeah... had nothing to do with the reports that came out about mortgages being at an eight year low and bad employment news.

For those who pay attention to the markets, you know you buy on the rumor, sell on the news. Which means people bought heavy on Tuesday morning, when the last polls indicated Obama would win.

Zod

It drives me nuts that the entire economy is based on investors's nerves. Jaysus Christ.

Did you read the article?

"The market has really gotten ahead of itself, and falsely priced in that this recession wasn't going to be as prolonged as thought," said Ryan Larson, head of equity trading at Voyageur Asset Management, a subsidiary of RBC Dain Rauscher. "Regardless of who won the White House, these problems are not going away."

Zod

so the kids at my wife's school now feel a sense of "entitlement" since obama won. for the record, my wife works at an....."ethnic" school. the automatically assumed she voted for mccain since she's white, and told her she was in a bad mood because mccain lost. my wife proceeded to tell them that without the white vote, obama would have been spanked.

but if there is any good to come out of this, at least, she said, she can now tell them they have no excuse not to work hard. they can no longer claim "the white man is keeping me down" or play the race card, since one of their own is president. she is very candid with these kids.

So, anyway... RIA, excited that California got rid of Twinkage?

Indeed, Nov. 4th was the first time I was ever proud of this state. 70% of blacks voted to ban gay marriage. Gobama!
In retaliation last night a group of 600 flamers took to the streets of Hollywood in protest.
giggle.gif

I got obliterated by Corrupted and Asunder last night. Where were you?! Fucking amazing show.

Going to see these bastids Friday. :devil:

It drives me nuts that the entire economy is based on investors's nerves. Jaysus Christ.

Some market nerd could be suffering anxiety over their cat's open heart surgery and the Dow will plummet 900. Which is why I keep throwing all my money in to a 1% yielding Savings.:erk:

but if there is any good to come out of this, at least, she said, she can now tell them they have no excuse not to work hard. they can no longer claim "the white man is keeping me down" or play the race card, since one of their own is president. she is very candid with these kids.

I sincerely doubt that any of these coons will have a change in values with Obama's redistribution of wealth talk. Take, take, take. Slaves are more adept at picking cotton than planting it.

Some market nerd could be suffering anxiety over their cat's open heart surgery and the Dow will plummet 900. Which is why I keep throwing all my money in to a 1% yielding Savings.:erk:
The economy will either collapse or do what it has always done... bounce back. In either scenario, that 1% account is a bad idea. We keep six months salary in a Class C Franklin Templeton Fund, that yields a tax-free equivalent of about 7%. The remainder resides in a diversified, but higher risk stock portfolio.

What people fail to realize is, the current state of the market is good for investors who are 10 years or more from retirement. Essentially everything you buy within your 401K is currently being purchased at a significant discount. When the market bounces back and prices return to normalized levels (as it always does), all these stocks bought at sale prices will have generated the greatest return of all the stocks in your portfolio. The only way this doesn't work, is if the economy and markets completely collapse. And if that happens, it won't matter where your money is.

Zod

Indeed. I switched one of my 401ks to 100% stocks a few weeks ago. LOL
Ford is $2.90 a share today.
It is true that now is actually a good time for people our age to be investing in their retirement. It's the people who are 60 or so who are really hurting. Like my parents. They'll probably be living in my garage for the next 30 years.

so the kids at my wife's school now feel a sense of "entitlement" since obama won. for the record, my wife works at an....."ethnic" school. the automatically assumed she voted for mccain since she's white, and told her she was in a bad mood because mccain lost. my wife proceeded to tell them that without the white vote, obama would have been spanked.

The wife and I were discussing the same thing.

It's been coming from the most unexpected sources for me... Today the Fed Ex driver walks up with a package and says "Yo, did you get the letter in the mail from the government yet?" "What letter?" "The one telling us to report to the cotton fields monday."

I laughed, but I sure hope the dude isn't saying that to everyone he delivers to unless he wants to lose his job. :lol:

i'll miss Bush ... he actually sounds ok with his guard down
I have to agree. When he's not attacking sovereign nations, doubling the national debt, throwing out the Geneva Convention, collapsing the economy, pissing on the constitution or letting American cities drown, he's a heck of a guy.

I hope Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz get cancer and die horrible, horrible deaths.:kickass:

Zod