Whole song from our upcoming cd - mastered by Goran Finnberg

HatewerK

1.21 Gigowatt Generator
May 13, 2008
spoleto, Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi guys, finally my band (Subliminal Crusher) has put a new whole song on our MySpace, coming from our upcoming third record "Endvolution". I guess you might be interested in hearing it, since the record has been mastered by GORAN FINNBERG (Darkane, Opeth, In Flames, The Haunted, and countless others), and it honestly sounds awesome - thus the will to share it with you, and read your thoughts about it!

The song is called "Later", it's a pretty classic Subliminal Crusher song (The Haunted - Testament style) while other songs on the album sound a bit more "modern". Sadly the mp3 quality on the MySpace player is terrible, but maybe if you get interested in that, I could upload here a 320kbps version snippet / whole song with voiceovers (the record label asked for that)

Let me know! HERE'S THE LINK to the MYSPACE page

Sounds pretty fucking good! guitars are nice and crunchy. drums sound tight but not quantized, good groove. I play drums in a band that's a bit similar to yours! Check it out: www.myspace.com/murdershock

we're in the middle of recording the bass now and it's gonna be really good too ;) THRASH!

:) thank you guyssssss, it was a hell of a recording and mixing work (promised myself I would never go through it all after our last record, but then the picky part of me took over the "let-someone-else-take-care-of-the-recordings-n-mixes" part :erk: ) - but this time I was adamant on having a big name on the mastering duties... and I can safely say it's the best cash the band could spend. Goran is a real pro.

Well, depends on who's doing the mastering, naturally... :)

Sure it is, but I wouldn't call "Goran Finnberg" an amateur... :) I personally think that his prices are fair: a professional mastering studio works approximately 1-2 days on a record, and that's all.

I'd really like to know how much Greg Fidelman took for Death Magnetic :Smokedev::heh:

Sounds good. I had talked to Goran Finnberg about mastering a project around 2001-2002. It was a lot less money than I thought it would be-if I remember right, at the time it was under $1000US. Unfortunately, we never finished it.

I've used Svante Forsbäck of Chartmakers in the past (and will do so in the future) and he charges about 1000 euro. Which is what you'd expect to pay for a pro mastering. Finnvox is a bit cheaper, but not much.