Who's stuff is the most diffucult to play(guit.)

Divine Wings Of Tragedy said:
what 8 finger tapping?
Guiness book of world records, 21 notes per second (not sure but i think he used 8 finger tapping there). But i think in his songs the most he uses is 2 or 3. Try it once its hard as hell lol
Scratch that former world record, i guess some guy did 44! :OMG:
(Marcus Paus) I think you can get the song here
Not melodic by no means but it is fast

ABQShredHead said:
Eight-finger tapping = Jeff Watson (Night Ranger). There's some monster stuff there. His picking is very able as well.

And don't forget Stanley Jordan. That's amazing stuff he puts out.

Ha that was the guy that started the whole 8 finger thing..couldn't remember his name lol

I find almost any solos from any of the instrumental guitar players difficult but I've only been playing for 5 years so I'm still learning. I can only do solos from bands like Opeth and a few Iron Maiden because they're at a midpaced speed, my accuracy and picking need much work.

Spastic Ink's songs are especially hard to play. Lots of time changes, start/stop rhythms, and all this while they're shredding on odd scales. I think it's mostly instrumental guitar work. Ron Jazarsomething...

Greenwater_Pond said:
I find almost any solos from any of the instrumental guitar players difficult but I've only been playing for 5 years so I'm still learning. I can only do solos from bands like Opeth and a few Iron Maiden because they're at a midpaced speed, my accuracy and picking need much work.

5 years? You could play there stuff if you tried hard enough

soulshred said:
ofcourse this depends on who can do which tecnique better but generally who do you think is the most diffucult stuff to play on guitar.(metal stuff only not Holdsworth,Lane stuff)
I think M.Romeos and Joe Stump are insanely diffucult.What do you guys think?

I think guys that emphasize heavily on accenting many many notes in a solo (using both left-handed technique and right-handed) that still play reasonably technically challenging stuff are tougher to play than most pure shredder stuff. playing solos by those old German masters like Mattias Jabs and Wolff Hoffmann (Metal Heart and later) are tough. I can find the notes, as most of it isn't insanely fast or technical as many shredders, but their phrasing is incredible. I can play the notes, but not the same way they can. Jorn Viggo Lofstat (Pagans Mind) has a little bit of that in him as well, but not to the degree those oldschool teutonic guys do/did. The emphasis they put on seemingly every note are hard to beat to this day.

Bryant

honestly Bryant, I hate Mattias Jabs, I think he sucks so bad, give me Uli anyday. If you have seen Scorpions recently his guitar solo he does is a disgrace to the instrument and the fans, but most of the fans in Houston are drunk rednecks and they don't know.

Sorry, a little bit of the asshole came out in me :erk:

Luis said:
Who in this forum can play the song "No boundaries" by Michael Angelo Batio??
angelo can play fast and all but i think he needs to spend a wee bit more time focusing on his compositions, hes got some beautiful stuff but i think hes trying to hard to be the fastest.
Im not bashing him by no means hes an awesome guitarist.

XeroX. said:
the hardest stuff to play is fransesco fareri (www.fransescofareri.com) his music is horrible, his solos are horrible but its the most difficult to play, just look at some of his videos or lessons... its just insane.... not musical though

Yeah...I looked at some of his stuff after seeing a review of his instructional video on ibreathemusic. I don't quite see the point of developing your speed that much. Even if you have great songwriting ideas, when you make them that fast, they're too fast to be able to make anything of it except that it's a jumble of notes. So I don't know what kind of writing ability he has since he wants to speed everything up that fast.

Luis said:
We are focusing too much on metal and rock music, but there are classical guitar stuff that require years and years of effort.

Agreed. Also, I love Frank Zappa, I just haven't heard a whole lot of his guitar oriented stuff aside from things on his regular albums. I should probably get the 'Shut Up 'n Player Yer Guitar' album, I will at some point.