Who's stuff is the most diffucult to play(guit.)

Oh my god. Don't get me started on Speed of Light. His speed on that song definitely lives up to the name "Speed of Light".

Nice how ironic you can be but I would like to see you play that stuff...
The solo of Kiss of Judas is also hard to play...
So stop kidding...

wchuck said:
Actually I think you don't know that much about him...
Play something like "Speed of Light" or "Stratosphere"...
Good Luck...

So he's doing some alternate picking scales in those songs, the ending to Speed of Light is 16 triplet notes at 160bpm, sure it's fast but Tolkki is all about fastness, I laughed once when he said: "I had to slow down to the newer strato albums, cuz I was playing that fast you couldn't really hear the notes played". I think he newer played that fast, only sloppy, lol

I play guitar and a lot of stuff from Michael Romeo, John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen...
After a time it's not that hard but I can't still play the KISS OF JUDAS solo...
I never said that he is the best but some of his stuff is hard to play (for me)
so that's why I mentioned him...
And he's not all about speed. Compared to lots of other players connects this speed with nice melodies...

Yeah that would be awesome if MJR and Tony MacAlpine would jam together,
it's possible they are not so much different from each other

bahhh! why all the yngwie bashing? 1. He unleashes the focking fury. and 2. he is the godfather of most prog metal. 3. he's the king of shred.

ranma187 said:
bahhh! why all the yngwie bashing? 1. He unleashes the focking fury. and 2. he is the godfather of most prog metal. 3. he's the king of shred.
1. yes
2. :lol: not even close.
3. yes.

oh, and by far "texture or emotion" in playing is far more difficult than speed, in my opinion.

Silent Song said:
1. yes
2. :lol: not even close.
3. yes.

oh, and by far "texture or emotion" in playing is far more difficult than speed, in my opinion.

c;mon you have to admit prog metal wouldn't be what it is without malmsteen influence

It wouldn't be.
And I must say, of all Avatars I've ever seen, ranma187, yours definitely kicks all other asses.

ptah knemu said:
It wouldn't be.
And I must say, of all Avatars I've ever seen, ranma187, yours definitely kicks all other asses.

yep it's Lo Pan from big trouble in little china

ranma187 said:
c;mon you have to admit prog metal wouldn't be what it is without malmsteen influence
actually, i only have to admit that my statement is my own subjective opinion and so is yours. personally, i don't think he contributed much at all to prog or metal. he contributed a great deal to technical guitar playing, but that isn't a necessary factor in either prog nor metal. further, if anyone contributed largely to prog metal, it would be bands like fates warning, queensryche, dream theater. there are a billion clones of those, which is proof of influence. i'm not saying these bands are the pinnacle of the genre (and they're not), but they were certainly more influencial to its current state than yngwie ever will be.

i still disagree since practically every prog metal band has some Bachish reference in the music. a trend that yngwie started himself. not to mention a lot of lead guitarists sound yngwie-ish.