Why Black Americans are not into metal (and rock) music?

what i'm saying is that your ridiculous MSNBC statement of "the racial segregation in the US is a big factor" was pretty damn ridiculous.
Well, I mean whatever term doesn't make you roll your eyes then. There are neighbourhoods/suburbs here where metalheads would be almost non-existent too, and so the next generation who grows up there is hardly going to be exposed to metal.

Tell your newspaper websites to stop using the word segregation then. Not my problem.
giphy.gif

hence my MSNBC comment.

stop reading those "newspaper sites". 95% of them are geared toward left wing sheeple, thought someone as bright as yourself would've know this this by now.

Black people is far more racist than whites nowadays, whatever the causes are. Metal is seen as a "white product", so many of them won't feel interested on it. Rap/hip hop and other "black rooted" music is preferred for that reason.

Those guys are cool
They love the more midpaced groovy feel of metal
I was raised on classic rock and the hair crap. So that stuff was ingrained.
Moved to punkrock in my highschool years and found metal soon after.
I'd say 99% of black people didn't grow up like that.

Reactions: Dak and CiG
How people will be treated probably hinges more on where you live rather than the genre of music you're trying to get into tbh.

I know black people that are into metal, and i've gotten some interested in metal.
A common thing to happen is it seems like they just need to discover that they like instruments in general; there really isn't a lot in rap (especially modern mainstream) that would let a person develop an appreciation for instruments.

In your opinion, what is the main reason why Black Americans (not all, but the vast majority) don't care for metal and rock music in general?

Because it was started by whities

crass, but establishing their own identity is very important to many of them, since some of our ancestors took away much of their original identities

even though that has nothing to do with metal, quite the opposite for many bands

some get it, and see the larger picture, some don't and conform to black urban 'culture' without a second thought