Why do so many people hate Anders Friden?

actually....that IS the most retarded thing i've read...no wait...thats an understatement....

the is the most reatrded thing any eye has been unfortunate enough to come in contact with

Anders Friden has absolutely ruined In Flames. Listen to his shit side project Passenger and then listen to Jesper's side project Dimension Zero. It's obvious that Anders is pushing them to try to break the US market. If you look at the writing credits for Reroute to Remain, it says that the music is written by Stromblad/Gelotte/Friden. If you look at everything before RTR, you'll notice that Friden is only given credit for lyrics, not the music. FUCK YOU ANDERS!!! YOU RUINED ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS!!!

BastrdDrmr said:
Anders Friden has absolutely ruined In Flames. Listen to his shit side project Passenger and then listen to Jesper's side project Dimension Zero. It's obvious that Anders is pushing them to try to break the US market. If you look at the writing credits for Reroute to Remain, it says that the music is written by Stromblad/Gelotte/Friden. If you look at everything before RTR, you'll notice that Friden is only given credit for lyrics, not the music. FUCK YOU ANDERS!!! YOU RUINED ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS!!!

I agree, In Flames was great before Anders opened his mouth and made the band sound like Korn.
RTR really hurt since it was released by the band that made the record (Whoracle) that made me listen to metal in the first place.

NP: Opeth - Windowpane

taken by the reaper said:
just dont talk anymore emjayhaych

That was certainly unnecessary. Emjayhaych expressed his opinion in a subtle and polite manner and the mere reason you (plus many of us here) disagree with his words is not enough to tell him to shut up. I for one would like to see Emjayhaych reply to Siren's comments.

-Villain

Reactions: Siren and Sunjammer
stefan86 said:
I agree, In Flames was great before Anders opened his mouth and made the band sound like Korn.
RTR really hurt since it was released by the band that made the record (Whoracle) that made me listen to metal in the first place.

Let me just get this straight... In Flames' Whoracle was the album that got you into listening to metal, but you don't like Fridén's voice. Did I get that right? If so, I've got news for you. Fridén did the vocals on Whoracle. If you didn't like the vocals, then why did Whoracle act as your portal into metal? Care to explain?

It surprising how many people share my opinion about Friden's vocals. I definitely think that Mikael Stanne sings much better while growling, but I didn't have the opportunity to compare their clear singing voices. Besides, Stanne says that he broke his vocal chords while growling (I dislike the expression he used to say this... It was like "My voice has been fucked up"; excuse me, but this is a quote)

DeepInMisery said:
:err: what is wrong with that expression? do you also attend church? :tickled:

No, I don't. In fact, I am closer to Satanism more than to any other religion. I just don't like abusive language. It is not aesthetic.

hey, yeah it's me, talking again.
In reply to Siren, presuming I don't like to be challenged by lyrics is completely wrong, one of the main reasons I like 'proper' metal like Dark Tranquillity is because the lyrical content is more thought-provoking and personal, compared to the usual 'fuck the world' found in other metal music.

Which *ahem* I notice is in the signature of 'taken by the reaper' - I'll be all naive and newbie-like and not know which band those lyrics are from, but any song with 'fuck the world' or similar in it is not worth listening to in my opinion, regardless of the musical talent of the band.

It seems to me that you guys and people in general who are death/melo-death/black metal fans are very much elitist in your 'appreciation' of the genre and its bands, you're tightly knit in your 'scene' and could probably discuss the ins and outs of the music until the cows come home, whereas there are some people, like me, who appreciate the type of music that DT and others play just because I listen it and find a high level of musicianship within it, together with a great vocalist who can growl without sounding inhuman, and sing lyrics with considerably more depth than your average band X in the 'rock' community.
I still like rock bands like The Used because I find them as 'catchy' (to make a simple connection) as DT - The Used have a talented vocalist who can sing and scream with emotion, and they have a knack for melody. THAT'S JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.
I know all you guys are all too quick to diss this simpler form of music...........

Anyway, that's enough laughs for you for now.

Quite the contrary, most of us look for innovation and evolution in Music, things that few ( not all mind you ) death melodeath and black metal bands give you, and that is so fucking ( yea i say fucking ) hard to find in other genres. That is not to say we do not like other genres, i for example enjoy progressive music and jazz, and im currently getting ready to become part of a new band, a 100% entirely Jazz band.

The comments about Friden are there for a reason, the man cannot write something that holds any interesting, perhaps is grasp of the english language is too scarce to create something more appealing to us, perhaps his neurons are what is scarce in him, nevertheless he is just not good. He would be better of letting dark tranquillity members write the lyrics for him, like he did on skydancer, or jester race and forth afaik.

Sunjammer said:
Let me just get this straight... In Flames' Whoracle was the album that got you into listening to metal, but you don't like Fridén's voice. Did I get that right? If so, I've got news for you. Fridén did the vocals on Whoracle. If you didn't like the vocals, then why did Whoracle act as your portal into metal? Care to explain?

Noone can explain that to you. But you have to understand all for yourself. For that you need:

-1 Discman with headphones
-1 Whoracle CD
-1 Reroute to Remain CD

Now all you have to do is:
-Put the Whoracle disc, the green one, into your discman and press play. After the disc is finished, you should have listened to 11 songs including 2 instrumentals(Dialogue with the stars is even enough to get you into metal)

-If you are finished with listening the first disc, now put the white disc into your discman. When this disc is finished you should have listened to "14 Songs of Concious Sanity".

Now, if you can't understand that Anders' vocals are different on both disc, you probaly should have stuck the headphones to the wrong part of your body. Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier in the instructions, the headphones go into the ears, right into them...

Reactions: Salamurhaaja
telling he is talentless helps anyone?..i dont think eg niklas would help any moron with lyrics.and he is one of
the founders,didnt provoke anyone at least in public so ease off.
its just that:the standards of DT are damn too high for him to catch :)

commandante said:
Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier in the instructions, the headphones go into the ears, right into them...

Or, if you have 'proper' headphones, they cup fully round your ears so you get a fuller sound with no background noise :headbang:

Dark_Jester said:
Why do I hate him? He never returns my phonecalls, doesn't write, and tells me the night meant nothing to him. He even tattooed his initials into my forehead. THAT BASTARD!

I'm sorry dude, I've heard lots of stories like that, Friden has an addiction of one night stands with his fanboys
zombie.gif