Why is Hellhammer (the drummer) held in such high esteem?

dimensionidol said:
...anyway...

i think that the most important thing on double kicking drums is precision and clean sound....together with speed obviously...

i think the most incredible metal drummer nowadays is John Longstreth ex-origin now in skinless....

then for double kicking pete sandoval and gene hoglan are fuckin' machines....

trym is really fast and clean...

but the most incredible is DAVE MURRAY of ESTRADASPHERE....

he is a fuckin' monster jazz trained drummer with an incredible double kicking...

check him:
http://people.ucsc.edu/~dav19pt5/trippingDragon/masterframeset.htm

:)

Hell yeah! Estradasphere :headbang:

dimensionidol said:
...anyway...

i think that the most important thing on double kicking drums is precision and clean sound....together with speed obviously...

i think the most incredible metal drummer nowadays is John Longstreth ex-origin now in skinless....

then for double kicking pete sandoval and gene hoglan are fuckin' machines....

trym is really fast and clean...

but the most incredible is DAVE MURRAY of ESTRADASPHERE....

he is a fuckin' monster jazz trained drummer with an incredible double kicking...

check him:
http://people.ucsc.edu/~dav19pt5/trippingDragon/masterframeset.htm

:)
I met john longstreth last sunday, he's a damn cool guy.

dimensionidol said:
YOU FUCKIN' RETARDED SON OF A BITCH!

i always thinked that metalheads are idiots but you win the prize!:ill:

if i tell you that i am gay or hebrew or my pals what you do?

come to my house to burn it?

fuck off...

metal is ruined by people like you...

If you tell me you're gay or hebrew or my pals I'll have lower thoughts of you than I already have (If possible). I wouldn't try to kill you or anything like that because I care more about myself spending a long time in jail than I care to see some gay/hebrew/blackie or other who insulted me online dead.
I never said you had to agree, but obviously you're not a fan of this thing called 'freedom of speech', and I find that healthy for you.

Actually, much good metal is built by people like me. If you do not like Burzum, Graveland, Absurd etc you probably won't agree but I don't really care so please don't waste my and your time writing just another stupid reply.

freedom of speech kicks ass. Sorath may be racist, but at least he has a point. Just a simple lil question... u live north of Italy right? hmm do they have freedom of speech there? i havent been outside o the states yet.

Dave Murray's insane at some things, but yeah he does sound a lil boring. how about Dave Lombardo from Fear Factory?

Ummm...Dave Lombardo's from Slayer, buddy.

Raymond Herrera's from FF, and as I already said, IMO, the greatest drummer ever.

Agreed.

Self Bias Resistor and the title track still give me chills. I've never heard a better guitar-drums duo. If it weren't for the occasional off-key note by Bell, FF define machine metal--perfection. No solos, no acoustic guitars, just technically presice riffing and electronics coupled with gothic, soulless, vocals.

NocturnalSun said:
freedom of speech kicks ass. Sorath may be racist, but at least he has a point. Just a simple lil question... u live north of Italy right? hmm do they have freedom of speech there? i havent been outside o the states yet.
if freedom of speech is give glory to racism and phobias...is a complete paradox...

YOU TALK ABOUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH BUT RACISM GIVE AWAY FREEDOM TO LIVE!

REMEMBER!

NocturnalSun said:
Dave Murray's insane at some things, but yeah he does sound a lil boring. how about Dave Lombardo from Fear Factory?
what is your concept of boring?

i think that boring is someone who play the same thing over and over....

??????????

So, freedom of speech is for everyone except those who disagree with you, dimensionidol? I don't really understand your point. If you are against freedom of speech, that's OK, just don't claim you're all for it when you're obviously not.

Sorath said:
So, freedom of speech is for everyone except those who disagree with you, dimensionidol? I don't really understand your point. If you are against freedom of speech, that's OK, just don't claim you're all for it when you're obviously not.
I think his point is that freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to start putting people down because of their race, sexual preference or *insert whatever reason comes to your mind*

I'm glad you guys are so well informed about drum triggers! [insert thumbs up smiley here]

OMG! TRIGERS! HE CHEATS! LOMBARDO IS FASTER BECAUSE HE DOESN'T USE TRIGGERS! THEY CHEAT!

Reactions: Sympozium
Sorath said:
Freedom of speech should give you the right to put down or praise anyone of any reason, that's what the "freedom"-part means.
I don't really know where you live, but where I live your rights start where mine end. What does that mean? that you have the right to do whatever you want, but you can't disrupt my space and peace. Freedom of speech gives you the right to express yourself on any form or way, but there are still some rules (depending on wich country you live) that you have to follow and I think that you realize this. You're coming from a personal beliefs standpoint, right? I must admit that you have a lot of guts to think the way you do.

You're coming from a personal beliefs standpoint, right? I must admit that you have a lot of guts to think the way you do.
only because you are not familiar with his and my way of thinking. Freedom of speech is the ability to say anything you want to say. Yes, certain things that you can say are bad, but that is where morals enter into the picture. Freedom of speech in itself is not bad or wrong. Technically it is a fundamental right of all human beings. Why should we be restricted as to what we can say?

Then again, this is probably why America is so screwed up. We basically have the freedom to do almost anything not declared illegal by government. Yeah, I live in America, but I still have many problems with it.

Anyway, i know i got off topic there, but point is:
freedom of speech does NOT in any way give glory to racism and phobias. It's what YOU as an individual choose to DO with that freedom of speech that gives glory to racism and phobias. Don't think we Americans are ignorant, spoiled, and corrupt just because of our way of gov't. dimensionidol, you claim yourself to be a free-thinker but you don't see why freedom of speech is allowed. now THAT is a paradox

NocturnalSun said:
only because you are not familiar with his and my way of thinking. Freedom of speech is the ability to say anything you want to say. Yes, certain things that you can say are bad, but that is where morals enter into the picture. Freedom of speech in itself is not bad or wrong. Technically it is a fundamental right of all human beings. Why should we be restricted as to what we can say?

Then again, this is probably why America is so screwed up. We basically have the freedom to do almost anything not declared illegal by government. Yeah, I live in America, but I still have many problems with it.

Anyway, i know i got off topic there, but point is:
freedom of speech does NOT in any way give glory to racism and phobias. It's what YOU as an individual choose to DO with that freedom of speech that gives glory to racism and phobias. Don't think we Americans are ignorant, spoiled, and corrupt just because of our way of gov't. dimensionidol, you claim yourself to be a free-thinker but you don't see why freedom of speech is allowed. now THAT is a paradox
Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying freedom of speech is bad, I actually agree with what you said (the individual's intentions give glory to racism and phobias). I agree that we should be allowed to say everything that comes to our minds, but we should always have a balance. If it wasn't for laws, I think we would live in an even more fucked up world than the one we live now. Then again, who decides what's right and wrong? hehe :Smug:

Fear or just the way their moronic parents brought them up. And it just keeps dripping down the family tree.

What you brand into your kids brains from the time they are young really does make an impact on their outlook later on in life.