Why is Spiral Architect so good?

fragility

Dec 1, 2003
England
www.algoblast.com
So...waht are your reasons for loving Spiral Architect so much?

For me, I am just blown away by the musical genius of this album every time I listen to it...but similarly, if I ever want to try and get someone into techncial music, I usually start with SA, because somehow, at the same time, I think ti is hugely catchy, accessible and fun to listen to.

...plus,, every note Lars plays fills me with joy ;) and makes me raelise there isn't much point in me ever picking up my bass again

I like it because there is so much going on at one time. I also love the strange and abundant time signatures played in about every song.

I have been recomended SA many times when searching for a Death metal band.......i curenlty love Death and Necrophogist.....would i realy like SA ?

I havent encountered their albums in stores yet so i dont know if its worth hunting down............

Daniel

Well, perhaps not a direct link, in that they son't really haev a similar sound, but I love all three of thsoe bands. If you like your metal technical, brilliant, and superbly crafted, then it's defiantely worth getting!

Spiral Architect is so good because you can't get grip on their music. Too complex, too bizarre. It's what we call in Dutch, my language, "van de hak op de tak," from the heel up to the twig. Meaning the music just sweeps down in a completely different section in a matter of seconds. You can just barely follow the flow, that's what makes this worthwhile.
A Sceptic's Universe is one of those albums you can listen again and again and again, exploring the music and discovering new sounds and things every time you listen to it. I'd say this is in the same league as where Emperor's Prometheus - The Discipline of Fire & Demise, dazzering complexity!
That's also a reason why I'm so excited by Asgeir drumming for Ihsahn's solo album. I can't frikkin' wait!

All in all, I hope Spiral Architect continue their amazing skill-use on the forthcoming album. I wish you all the luck and a great hails! :headbang:

Spiral Architect would be a lot better without that corny singer. There I just ripped on them. Props to the rest of the group though.

Even though I agree Oyvind does sound like Devon Graves on the Psychotic Waltz stuff, I believe Asgeir said he wasn't the least bit influenced by him. It would be cool to hear who some of Oyvind's biggest inspirations are vocal-wise.

NP: Yyrkoon - Occult Medicine

batmura said:
Even though I agree Oyvind does sound like Devon Graves on the Psychotic Waltz stuff, I believe Asgeir said he wasn't the least bit influenced by him. It would be cool to hear who some of Oyvind's biggest inspirations are vocal-wise.

I first heard Psychotic Waltz when I joined Spiral and I like it a lot, but my inspirations come from singers like John Arch (ex-Fates Warning) Rob Halford and the early material from Queensrÿche/Geoff Tate.
Hmmm...I think I'll buy some of the Psychotic-albums, haven't listened to them in 3-4 years.

-Öyvind

Psychotic Waltz' discs were reissued last year and you can find them at any online store that sells prog. Try www.lasercd.com -

Yeah I always used hear John Arch and Devon Graves when describing Oyvind's vocals. It's interesting to hear he was also influenced by Halford. I wouldn't have guessed that one.

Oyvind H said:
I first heard Psychotic Waltz when I joined Spiral and I like it a lot, but my inspirations come from singers like John Arch (ex-Fates Warning) Rob Halford and the early material from Queensr�che/Geoff Tate.
Hmmm...I think I'll buy some of the Psychotic-albums, haven't listened to them in 3-4 years.

-Öyvind
Heh, you sound IDENTICAL to Buddy Lackey. Almost everyone i know said this when first listening to the album.

Well i like what im hearing, and this forum seems to be one of the more "mature" of the UM group, so i'll start looknig if not for any other reason than trusting your opinions........

Daniel\m/