Why is Spiral Architect so good?

Buddy Lackey was his nom de guerre, as he considered himself, in relation to his band-mates, a friend (buddy), but also a slave to their ideas (lackey). With this cryptic line of reasoning, you see that the man is also way too fond of the green stuff:tickled: ...

IOfTheStorm said:
Dude, he didnt even use this name then.
I know that. Been listening to Psychotic Waltz for as long as I can remember. But I still call him Devon Graves, since that's what he goes with nowadays. Up until DST was formed, he was Buddy Lackey to me, but now he isn't. I actually talked to Devon about it - he said he hates the Buddy calling.

As somebody said; ...Their music flows. It's like stream of thoughts...bizzare, suprising with unexpectet progression and beutiful complexivity of original ideas.....amasing and refresing music. For misician like myself it's a great source of inpiration, and not just becouse of their sence for technicality, but it's unique emotions and inteligence. When listening S:A: it almost fells like Steve Vai - emotion vise...

I heard that Devon Graves isn't his real name, either, but I dunno if that's true or not. The source was pretty reliable, but he could've been mistaken. Anyway, it's definitely not Buddy Lackey, that's a known fact.

And Oyvind did sound quite a bit like him, but not enough that I thought he was trying to copy him or anything. Personally I prefer Devon's new singing to both SA and PW.

I can't add anymore to the band's praises than what has already been mentioned, but I will say that Oyvind is my favorite "metal" singer.
Scariot sounds better with him & I'm a big fan of Manitou. However, it tis' a shame to let all of that unreleased material got to waste from Manitou "Exit" The Unreleased (or so it's referred to as by some). 8 trax not on Entrance, with some exceptional tunes.

I am still bummed about Oyvind's departure from Arcturus myself. I so wanted to hear him on a avant prog disc again. Oh well.

Simen does a fantastic job on the new disc though. He's just amazing in a different way.

asgeir said:
The Manitou leftovers WILL be released in some way - don't know when and where but I'll bug them 'till they pull their finger out of their asses and finally do something about it (yes, wash their fingers, THEN release the leftovers...).

- Asgeir

That is excellent news!!!! :worship:

IOfTheStorm said:
Yep Manitu's "Entrance" is incredibly awesome.
Jimbob - you are nuts

Well, I know that, but why are you saying it?

I, too, love Manitou. I didn't know they had unreleased stuff; looking forward to hearing it.

And SA should release their early demo/promo as bonus tracks on the new CD for those of us who'd like to hear the originals :) Or maybe combine them with the Manitou stuff and do a split Rare Trax type deal.

I have to say that SA's work is amazing- i cant add more to what ALL have said here, i have "bragged" about this band since the release of "a Sceptics Universe". Even put a "Discription" of the bands music on a "Divider Card" for SA, when i worked for Tower Records in Santa Monica Ca. years ago!
Recently (this year of 05)- i was AMAZED at all the listeners of "Progulus.com" (at the "time" was Progged-went minimal, and Progulus was born from the fans of the former, like me . . . i know, shameless plug)who KNEW of SA and more!
I would say if you are CURIOUS of the band, if you like:
1. Watchtower
2. Cynic
3. Psychotic Waltz
4. Meshuggah
5. Thought Industry (1st two)
6. Spastik Ink
7. Prototype
8. Cea Serin
9. Fates Warning
10. Realm
You'll love the complexity, compositions, and brilliance of SA.
By the way- i think Oyvind ONLY sounds like Graves/Lacky when he hits a
"certain" pitch, other than that, He's his own sound.
Us "prog pirates" at Progulus CANT WAIT till the NEW album comes out!
It would be CRAZY if SA and Watchtower release their NEW albums SIMULTANIOUSLY!!! DONT TAKE TOO LONG(ER), its like waiting for a Eric Johnson release!
:worship: <----to Spiral Architect and the "10" on the LIST!