Why Metal?

Great point.

For me, there are few things that get my blood pumping like a really great riff. I absolutely listen to metal as a musician. I want to be impressed by the musicianship.

I also feel a bit ruined by metal... I sometimes find it hard to listen to anything else because, unless it's creating an atmosphere or is funny or something, I get bored. A lot of music is stupid, metal included, but at least metal typically holds my interest. I don't know how to say it any better. I'm pretty fucking exhausted what with a new baby and all, so forgive me if I'm not making sense!:loco:

i agree.. I like listening to metal as a guitarist because some music i find is just so damn boring (pop especially). When you listen to so much repetitive music you start to get really bored with it. I like the fact that I can listen to a 10 minute song and not find it boring at all, b/c with most good metal you can always find a riff or a solo that is just so complex that you can just listen to it over and over w/o getting tired of it. Metal is the only genre ive been able to do this... so far =/