Why must Opeth fans be such bitches?

I try not and heckle, but I did nearly get in a fight witht he singer from eyehategod once. They were all fucking drunk and playing like shit (they ARE shit anyways) and wouldn't stop playing. I just wanted to see Nevermore. I was screaming for them to shut the fuck up. Then the singer starts drunkenly rambling about how he doesn't care about the fans and all this shit....fucking lame....then he tried to start shit with me but backed off when security started evil-eyeing him...

I agree with Morningrise... like I said... buncha frat boys who think it'll get 'em chicks to be into "weird underground swedish metal, dude"...

It's so funny how nonconformity has become cool... so now, the conformists look for ways to be nonconformist - by conforming to trends outside the mainstream. Fucking losers.

You know what's so strange about Opeth's following? Even though they're from Sweden, not a whole shitload of people there really know them. They are almost bigger here. In Sweden, they wouldn't often play at places that hold 2,500 people and sell out the place as the headlining band. It's a trip. It's just like Meshuggah is so popular here, but in Sweden, they're nobodies.

Originally posted by AfAiRJudgEmenT
It didn't occur in Pittsburgh either, but it should because the lead singer of Paradise Lost was a total ass to the actual couple of fans that were there to see them.

PL had like 2 actual fans at the Pitt show and they were requesting songs and getting into it and the lead singer gave smart ass remarks to him like "can you say that again, I didn't hear you the first 4 times" and "look at the monitor, there's the playlist if you didn't know"

A ha, that would be my friend Bill and a couple of his friends that did that. They weren't loud about the requests or anything. They were mad the dude was so rude, but Bill STILL came away saying he didn't mind the new stuff too much, but that they could've been nicer to the few fans that showed up. That sucks. Bill is a fan of theirs, as am I. I'm almost afraid to talk to them when I see them four nights in a row! Shit. But I will STILL give them the benefit of the doubt and see how I like how they play, not base my opinions ahead of time off what others say.

I look at it this way..... someday, I might be playing before some cool band.... being nervous enough just being on stage in front of other people, I would not want people to heckle me.