Why on earth Would you Listen to Metal?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

low frequency

New Metal Member
Sep 17, 2005
ok, now, that title was just to get your attention. about a year and a half ago, i really started to listen to metal. vintersorg, children of bodem, arcturus, angra, misery signals, mitternacht, to name a fraction of a few. theres a whole bunch of bands that i dont even know the names of. i have in my possession basically whatever i could get my hands on from the people i knew who had a shitload of cds. i am always looking for different kinds of music to listen to, and metal is one of the only genres that consistently produces thrashing, fast-as-hell and heavy-as-balls music. i love it. it really helped me grow musically, and i still listen to it quite often.

now heres the thing. people i knew were like, "YOU LISTEN TO METAL? METAL IS GAY. IT'S JUST TECHNICAL AND HAS NO EMOTION. GRRR. I DONT WANT TO HEAR HOW MANY NOTES DREAM THEATER CAN FIT IN A SONG. ITS JUST SHOWING OFF. NORMAL PEOPLE DONT LISTEN TO METAL. BAHH, I AM A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL." and they said many other retarded, closed-minded things as well. i tried to convey that metal showed lots of emotion. i tried to say that just because all they listened to were love songs and songs about cars and dogs and shit, that it wasn't any less emotional than a song about social injustice or hate. i tried to get them to look past their biases. but i could not change the mind of the eternally retarded. stupid fuckfaces.

i need an argument against these people who are confined to their biased thoughts. it is not for my own vindication i ask this. i know why i listen to metal and that is enough. but their attack is not just on metal. it's a war on every aspect that encompasses a genre different than their own. it's hard for me to find the words sometimes to tell them that they are stupid flaming piles of feces and need to cease existing for their mindsets, and it pisses me off so bad. im sure other people could benefit from your responses as well.

if you love metal at all, that it is your duty to reply to his post.

i like being shoved around by sweaty white men--one of which has removed his shirt so you can see the sweat glistening on his tone, firm body--while a japanese man in his late 30s to early 40s wearing a leather sarong/sumo underwear thing and his effette cohort point their bass and guitar heavenward, triumphant and erect, as they yell about satan.

only with metal can one experience such power, such glory.

Lyle said:
i like being shoved around by sweaty white men--one of which has removed his shirt so you can see the sweat glistening on his tone, firm body--while a japanese man in his late 30s to early 40s wearing a leather sarong/sumo underwear thing and his effette cohort point their bass and guitar heavenward, triumphant and erect, as they yell about satan.

only with metal can one experience such power, such glory.
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.