Why this popular way of speaking from Metal fans?

changso

Neverending dreamer...
Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
I everybody!

I'm wondering why the use of words like "fuck", "hell", "shit", etc. is alot more recurrent with metal listeners than most of musical genre. Could it be the "raw" and aggressive nature of it? Don't misundertand me, I'm not despising this straightforward way of talking. I myself use such words regulary...in a way, it's all but sanctimonious.

I'm just curious about it...
any idea?

are fucking serious? ;)

:lol:

I can totally picture you seriously pondering this question under some tree, while eating an apple..."hmm why do metalheads say fuck, shit, cocksucker, faggot, and hell all the time? hmmm I shall indeed ponder and meditate on this" :lol:

I can totally picture you seriously pondering this question under some tree, while eating an apple..."hmm why do metalheads say fuck, shit, cocksucker, faggot, and hell all the time? hmmm I shall indeed ponder and meditate on this" :lol: [/B]

:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by changso
I everybody!

I'm wondering why the use of words like "fuck", "hell", "shit", etc. is alot more recurrent with metal listeners than most of musical genre. Could it be the "raw" and aggressive nature of it? Don't misundertand me, I'm not despising this straightforward way of talking. I myself use such words regulary...in a way, it's all but sanctimonious.

I'm just curious about it...
any idea?

I really don't know...But I don't think that metal people are more into these words...It depends on the person...I know guys from the classical music, new age, samba, dance and from many other styles and they speak these worlds like they say their names.:lol:

Metal as a genre has rejected normative standards of behavior, should we be surprised that its fans do as well?

I'm glad you like my avatar Devilish :), I made it just a few minutes ago.

Originally posted by Rosa Negra Imortal
I really don't know...But I don't think that metal people are more into these words...It depends on the person...I know guys from the classical music, new age, samba, dance and from many other styles and they speak these worlds like they say their names.:lol:

hummm, visit a classical forum and you'll see a considerable difference...

Originally posted by reltiH flodA
Metal as a genre has rejected normative standards of behavior, should we be surprised that its fans do as well?

Makes alot of sense to me...

I don't agree at all. In commercial (esp. rap) music, a lot more curse words are used and its fans also use them more often than any metalhead I ever met.

different purposes. rap music uses those words in an effort to sound cool. it's a selling point. rebellious, uncaring. it ties in with the misogyny of that whole subculture.

to a lot of metalheads, curse words are simply a part of their vocabulary, and each has certain places where it helps to accentuate meaning or otherwise state emotions that would be too wordy otherwise.

6.jpg

i don't think its about listening to metal, i think the question should be changed to why do younger people swear? that's easy, its because all those words are types of "fillers", something to make up for our lack of refinement in our fucking linguistic skills.