why?

Sorry still think it's annoying. Besides, I think it's pretty disrespectful of the fans to keep on nagging (tour after tour) for Anathema to play sleepless and a dying wish.

Ah well, I know lots of Anathema fans are metalheads so it's understandable they want to hear those songs. But to me, yep, it's annoying...:p Maybe I'm just getting to old for this shit:Spin:

@Piet my dearest i didnt mean to insult anybody ok?hope you didnt getit the wrong way eh? :)

when i was 13 i was listening to Ace of Base,Take That and anything melodic techno(2unlimited ,culture beat etc).

I also loved the rocky tunes of that period (GnR,Aerosmith,Bon Jovi) and yeah that was the first time i saw "Fear of the Dark" on tv and i was left wondering what great band this is.....hehehehe:p

Judge gsz i´m think i´m not a metalhead i listen different music ,metal too,but i like very much A dying wish,sleepless and other old songs as well as the new song .A fine day to exit is maybe the soft album of the band and is my favouriteone but i would like to see A dying wish and sleepless and why not another old song in the concerts of may in Spain.
Is sleepless singin with Lee too?????????????

i think its always the same story about bands seeking new ways and then old fans clash with new fans, etc etc

and old stuff (SE, Eternity) seems to be more emotional than for example AND... or to put it in other words: the new albums (AFTD, AND) are much more calm... to quote a review "Anathema's music may no longer be as emotionally polarized but it is, as always, psychologically exhausting."... and i guess the so called old fans prefer to hear "emotinally polarized" music when they are listening to a band called Anathema.

(OR its just the "herd-effect" when everyone's starting to chant what people near him/her are chanting...)

coldwave said:
i think its always the same story about bands seeking new ways and then old fans clash with new fans, etc etc

and old stuff (SE, Eternity) seems to be more emotional than for example AND... or to put it in other words: the new albums (AFTD, AND) are much more calm... to quote a review "Anathema's music may no longer be as emotionally polarized but it is, as always, psychologically exhausting."... and i guess the so called old fans prefer to hear "emotinally polarized" music when they are listening to a band called Anathema.

(OR its just the "herd-effect" when everyone's starting to chant what people near him/her are chanting...)
First I want to say, I'm NOT a new fan. I know them since 1995 and my first album of them was serenades. Furthermore I disagree again! I feel that the music now is much more emotional then in the old days. Because is feels much more real. In my perspective songs like sleepless, the silent enigma, a dying wish, are good doom metalsongs, but can't evoke the storm of emotions songs like "regret", "temporary piece" or "are you there" can.

That's just my thoughts on the matter

somnium_in_tenebris said:
ah come on now....just because you(plural)may prefer the new stuff doesnt mean that old stuff is not as good...Those albums wrote history in the archives of "metal".They're not as easy listening as the newer ones are!
I'm a new Anathema fan myself.ive only known them since Judgement era,tho the first album i literally burned in my cd player was A4....Then i started buying everything.I wish,I WISH i knew them before so i'd have the excitement of every album coming out and the band progressing.But this didnt happen.I still consumed time and mind to listen to each of them,connected it with personal experiences,states of mind etc So i lived them and somehow grew up with them(not to the extent id love to but still)
Yep same goes for me, i discovered Anathema and specifically Alternative 4 few months before Judgement was released.
But why argue about it, i mean anyone can shout for whatever he likes, it's his throat that's gonna ache after a while, so i don't mind :loco:

exactly i dont mind anyone shouting for anything really hehe i only mind if they start shouting during the song like.its impolite.

and i luuuuuuuuuuv when people sing along with the guitar lines (pulls a face to Mariner :p )