Will people stop screaming when opeth plays soft interludes

I agree so much. It should become law. position snipers around the stage and eliminate those who defy said law :p

I find that the live dvds are ruined by these douche bags... and the out of time clapping in Blackwater Park. :erk::erk::erk::erk:

couldn't agree more.
i remember seeing opeth live not too long ago and during the acoustic part of master's apprentices, some douche bag decided to yell out: "This is F(*^ING AMAAAAZZZIIIING!! HOLY SH*T!!" and he continued on for about 10 secs. absolutely killed the atmosphere.

...or as I'm sure Mike would say: "When can we scream instead of whisper?...Whenever you like, but not during our songs, just shut your mouth and enjoy our masterpiece...bitches. Cheers. Mike."

Yes it bothered me too, I quess it's just people who didn't know the songs yet, and thought the song ended there and started the shouts'n claps etc.

But actually, I didn't really mind that much, though it was annoyingish, I just concenrated on the music.

And it was actually funny how some people were at times shouting "SLAYER" in there, mostly during Entombed's show though.

...or as I'm sure Mike would say: "When can we scream instead of whisper?...Whenever you like, but not during our songs, just shut your mouth and enjoy our masterpiece...bitches. Cheers. Mike."

hahahahaha I could even imagine mike's depressive tone saying that...
that'd be cool..

i generally hate people talking while being at concerts.
holy christ... people pay hundreds of bucks sometimes to attend a concert... and they just don't stop talking!
of course during the heaviest parts you fon't hear that, but when it comes the rest... i'd just like to kick out some disturbing people out of the venue.

this is disrespectful for attendants and for the artist.
i guess that's another product of the mp3 generation... well i'm sure it is!

Another thing I hate is people holding up their cell phones to record audio or video. I'm not super tall (1.72m) so it's pretty annoying.
They can't be in the moment and enjoy. Instead they are thinking about how cool this will be on youtube.

This brings to mind the retards screaming "I want your babies, I want to marry you, blah, blah, blah" on the Roundhouse DVD. Don't know if they troll around these forums, as well, but hopefully the embarassment of their undeniable stupidity being publicized to the world is enough of a lesson to join the STFU club.

I bet those shitheads still haven't fessed up to their own buddies that it was, in fact, them.

Great thread! While I don't support it, I can somehow understand someone getting carried away and screaming. However, I have been to a couple of shows where I had to listen to people talking and discussing how great the interlude was. Well, it would have been even better for me if I could hear it...

Or that retarded, out-of-time clapping people do.... ugh. :erk:

It's really no different than screaming at the screen during a movie in a crowded theater.

Which I hate.

A lot.

i generally hate people talking while being at concerts.
holy christ... people pay hundreds of bucks sometimes to attend a concert... and they just don't stop talking!

I don't quite get this one either. It's like you're paying money to talk to your friends while some bands play in the background... Is everything that important that it must be discussed then and there?

I'd like to see the band play Blackwater Park only for Mikael to pause and say"...fuck it" when the acoustic section approaches...

:lol:

or black rose immortal, a song that could never be done justice at a typical Opeth gig.

Count me in on this too. Freakin hate when some have to be louder then the band in those quieter moments.

Couldn't believe the shitty audience at the last Tool show I went to. They were screaming and going nuts during Wings For Marie/10,000 Days. The song is a freakin eulogy for goodness sake. And the kids are moshing to it. Maynard just turned his back to the crowd and kept going. All he could do I guess.

Have some respect for great music and scream between songs.

Lol
"They were screaming and going nuts during Wings For Marie/10,000 Days"
Is severly uncool.
really not the type of song to do that in.
The pot, maybe.....
but i think softer songs like that and the interludes mentioned in the thread call for more of a "groove".

drunk idiots sure fit in this thread too. Jumping and screaming like they were the only people in the place. its hilarious and annoying at the same time.