Will people stop screaming when opeth plays soft interludes

I couldn't even hear the music one time because some ass was screaming "GET ME A SLEEPING BAG WILL YA" right in my fucking ear. I just looked at him and gave him a thumbs down sign.

Sounds like you had your shit together in Chile. Cheers to you guys. It doesn't sound like soundave or I were talking about you folks to be frank so stop taking it personally. Look at his points (which I happen to share completely) objectively and see if there isn't some truth to them.

Believe me, I agree, but only when I look at it from the outside; Once you're inside it is different. I had to swallow my words, cause I pretty much defended the opinions here. But, I think that some of this matters are part of the concert itself; We¡re not talking about Iron maiden here; it's opeth...We're a completely different audience.

listening to Opeth silently, respectfully, and watching every single notes, OR having fun, like if it was a unique moment, everyone together.

So you're not having fun listening to Opeth? You need something to distract you from the music? Of course people can talk and scream and stuff, but I suggest anyone who's not there primarily for the music to fuck off to the nearest dance party. I think people who go to an Opeth concert just to mosh or whatever must have a pretty shallow appreciation for their music, "ok there's a heavy riff at 06:31 that I like"

^ Yes I'm having fun listening to Opeth, never really said anything else (about me). No I don't need to be distracted, why would I go to their show otherwise. I mean, I don't understand why everyone here seem to complain about people making noises, because everyone should know how a metal show is, and I like it this way. Even if a guy pushes you while you are concentrated on the music, well, things happen, and so what? You can ignore it and keep listening to the music without being a pussy and complain about others. Also, everyone is normally there for the music, there are a few exception, but generally it's just about their way of expressing their "joy", and their behaviors in that situation. People who talk will eventually stop and listen to the music, that's why they are there! Otherwise, they maybe just like that kind of ambiance to talk with old friends or whatever. It's alright. Why do you care? Now, moshing, well as long as I am not particularly hurted, I don't see any problem with it. After all, Opeth is just another "death" metal band, and many need to evacuate their energy. If it's the only metal band you (adressing myself to anyone) like and go to their show, then I understand why you are so snobbish about that attitude. Maybe have you never seen a real crazy crowd and realized how pleasant it can be.

But with a non-metalhead point of view, I would say everyone should shut the fuck during a show, and don't bother others in anyway, because they could eventually distract them from the epicness of Opeth. Respect.

I couldn't even hear the music one time because some ass was screaming "GET ME A SLEEPING BAG WILL YA" right in my fucking ear. I just looked at him and gave him a thumbs down sign.

Someone once screamed during the keyboard part in the intro of Heir Apparent:"What is this - Coldplay?". And the entire venue could hear him. Not cool at all.

Also, just so that people understand where I am personally coming from - this is basically the nature of the problem, as demonstrated in this version of Hope Leaves:

MA: "In the corner beside my window"
Chatter: "So, my stocks aren't doing so well."

MA: "There hangs a lonely photograph"
Chatter: "Yeah, I just thought that high-tech companies were going to rebound."

MA: "There is no reason"
Chatter: "How are the kids doing?"

MA: "I'd never notice"
Chatter: "They're growing up so fast, Billy is already in first grade."

And so on - you get the point.

I realize that all this chatter stuff is important, but some other time, PLEASE...

I think some people may have to get off their pedestals, and suck it up.
I mean, ffs your at a fucking concert.

What the hell do you expect?

If you want the shit like your suggesting join a fucking cult.

It's always funny to see drunk people mash during Hope Leaves or something. I hate the fucking "play moar meytal!" shit though.

I don't have a problem with people at concerts moshing, singing along (no matter how badly), yelling out between songs (even heckling if it is a good heckle), clapping out of time (because I can appreciate some people have bad rhythm, particularly when drunk) and what not, but someone growling and screaming out randomly during a quiet part of a song, thinking that they are frickin' hilarious, is just lame.

I saw Paul Gilbert in concert recently and while the music was very well played, I did kind of miss the lunacy you see at metal shows. The crowd was boring. Having said that, yeah douchebags who shout during quiet parts, stop.

:facepalm: I swear it's all or nothing with you guys. Have you ever heard of balance? wtf makes you think if I say not to yell stupid shit while Mike is talking or when there are softer, more delicate parts (which, when listened to in context contrasts well and frankly makes Opeth music what it is) that I mean the entire audience should sit silently with their hands in their laps for the whole show? or the same thing if I don't want to hear about someone's retarded life story while I'm trying to listen to the band play? That means that we want absolute, cult-like silence? It's not even worth arguing if you are going to abandon all reasoning. Oooor you are just being a troll. I guess this is why I have a hard time shedding the "Misanthropic Moderator" title, eh?

All i was saying was grow up, its all part of a "metal" gig.
If We were talking about a symphony then i can see some reasoning.

But people complaining about overhearing a conversation in their left ear :rolleyes:

Get Real.

Can I has permission to yell 'Slay us Akerfeldt!' right after the "Brooding sadness.. Came to a rise" part?
Dun.. dun dun. Da dum. Da dum.. na-na-na na-na-na..

The worst are the idiots who clap out of time during the parts where there's no drumming. They can't even keep a beat for five seconds. And it totally ruins the moment. Of course, these are also the people who can't tell the difference between Opeth and any other junk death metal, saying that Opeth is "awesome" or whatever while saying the same thing about anyone who can play basic chords on a guitar and growl. Come on, clapping in time is really basic. If you can't do that, then you might as well just go to a concert where they don't care about the music but just go to get drunk or look cool. If you can't clap in beat, don't clap. You just show yourself to be a clueless idiot by clapping out of beat. And speaking of clueless idiots, those people who clapped out of beat on the Roundhouse Tapes DVD now have the honor of showing themselves to be clueless idiots to the entire world. Their idiocy totally ruined those parts of the DVD. Hey, idiots, I hope you're happy ruining an otherwise great DVD. I also heard from a friend that there was a great bootleg of the recent Chicago House of Blues show, but the soft parts were ruined by some jerks talking loudly during the soft parts. Why even go to a concert if you're not going to listen to the music and if you're going to ruin it for everyone else? Stay home, idiots.

^ I think you are too frustrated for something that isn't that much important. Seriously, just don't bother about clapping. It's getting ridiculous at that point, but thanks for sharing your frustration as a first post on this forum. Quite interesting. Oh, and welcome! Original nickname by the way!!