Womanizing, Mysogyny and Libertinism.

I regret acknowledging your existence on this forum, I'll make sure to avoid in the future. Cheers.
O-K. So you since you obviously disagree with me you must want to see metal music permanently die out? I mean, do you honestly think hate-metal is doing well enough on the market to....well, nevermind. This discussion is way above your head. Clearly there isn't much for brains in you.

Maybe the reason why metal isn't the most popular genre among women is because they were raised to be "nice". Example: When my male siblings listened to metal, it was fine. When I, a female, started listening to metal all of a sudden there was something "wrong" with me since I was listening to "satanic music". I'm probably over-simplifying it but basically: Men aren't "allowed" to express emotions unless it's rage and women aren't "allowed" to express anger because they're delicate little flowers. :bah:

It would seem that in the world of heavy metal a solid mysogynistic womanizing force is somewhat non-existent. In the 1980's there were plenty of pop oriented metal bands who drove a strong female audience crazy but these days all you see is anything but. Women like a tune they can dance to and this was why other genres of music have taken over metal's once fanatical female crowd. Do you think metal has a chance at attracting women on the scale that pop oriented metal bands of the 1980's once did, or do you think metal is on an irreversible crash course with extinction?
I've watched and paid close attention to the music market for decades and there was a time when I actually cared about the future of metal music.

First off, nothing is worse than rap music for womanizing. In fact, lets add techno to that category too. I can't even believe women listen to that shit! Its all about treating women as fuck toys and nothing else. Its extremely degrading to women!

Much of 80s glam metal was a womanizing force. After the 80s metal goes through many changes worldwide just to stay alive. Overall, the 90s was the best decade for metal. Some of the greatest albums were done in the 90s and it looked very much like metal had a huge comeback coming that would lead to several more decades of musical dominance. Sure, it still needed work but it was an art in the making. However, the American metal Industry took on to the Hate metal which I knew right away would kill the market dead. What metal needed in the 90s was a less violent, less hateful approach. Sure, the violent hate metal would always be around. But to make it mainstream would forever kill the market. Some of the bands that had a sound that was marketable to the mainstream was bands like Nevermore, The Gathering, and Nightwish. Those bands set forth a good example that had so much to offer the market. Nightwish did see some mainstream success before Tarja left the band. When she left Nightwish it left a huge void in metal music.

Had the metal market tried to get the classier acts mainstreamed it would have appealed to a younger audience as well as an older audience. Success is not made of one generation but of the whole. Queensryche's success was largely due to a wide range of fans from old men to young teens. The Gathering was perfect in that respect. The Gathering could have been HUGE had the American Music Industry acted fast and quickly catapulted the band to the top. But...they didn't. They focused on marketing hate...and hate killed metal because it only seems to attract angry young men. With a female free audience how was metal music to survive?

Lets not forget that metal music reached top status with bands like Def Leppard and Quiet Riot. Without those two bands there was no mainstream success. And yes, Ozzy played a significant role in shaping metal all these decades. And the thing about Ozzy that made him so popular with women is that he simply did not write womanizing lyrics. He wrote about other things that just had more appeal with listeners in general.

So now what? Metal today is radically far left lyrically and full of hate. The market is dead. Metal bands go into a club and play for to beers a night. How is this cool? This two beers a night movement sure would not have gone over well back in the early 80s movement when Def Leppard had jam packed entire arenas. After Def Leppard we see metal music of all sorts do the same. I could go to a Queensrhyche concert and it would be so packed you could not move. And very muck likewise with Metallica.

Now lets talk about Metallica. With them metal just would not be complete. They didn't write music about banging young 14 year old girls. Women loved Metallica and it was through their giant sound that metal looked like it would live forever. In fact, the Metallica movement inspired many would-be musicians. But we enter the 90s things are changing and a lame sound from Seattle would change everything. Oh sure, grunge started out acceptable. But it didn't take long before other bands really lamed it up. The fact is that it happened. So now what? Well. I'll answer only for myself. By 1995, I was a singer without direction. I had just learned how to sing Dio really well and then I thought to myself "What is the point?" I knew the change in the market was not going away. If I did not reinvent myself soon I didn't stand a chance in hell of becoming the world class vocalist I had wanted to become. And there is the old saying which is trust worthy and true: you are what you are becoming. But what was I becoming? I was living in the past trying to keep it alive. As an artist I knew I had to find something new.

I was influenced by many artists. From Frank Sinatra to Billy Joel and from Bruce Dickinson to my major influence...Geoff Tate. And yeah, I liked a lot of real heavy shit as well. It was only when I heard The Gathering's Mandylion album for the first time is when I understood what the future of metal should sound like. It had a slight alternative edge but it wasn't offensive. It had a Dream Theater vibe that filled that then missing Queensryche void. It was heavy, classy, and very marketable. It has that jazz and classical edge I sought for. I understood where the music was coming from and what all went into Anneke's training. Hey, what do you know, with Geoff Tate out of the lope and no males to fill the void...there you go. So I trained hard to practice up my vox, reconstructing everything about my approach. I spent 6 to 8 hours a day practicing. I had to learn how to greatly improve my ability to write those melodies that had more hooks than a tackle box. By 2002 I had become what I want to be as a singer. But by then hate was so dominate that it quickly ended my career before I could get a fair start.

There was once a direction metal could have taken that wasn't about womanizing or using woman as fuck dolls. It wasn't hateful. Yet it was still heavy and cool...but not lacking class. But that opportunity came and went. The time is over and the American Music Industry took a wrong turn they could not return from.

Look, its over for metal music. Sell your guitar, drum kit etc.,and find a new career goal. Metal music is officially dead and it won't be coming back. Our country doesn't even have the morality to write good music anymore. You got to realize that back in the day all these famous metal artists had attended church, went to Christian schools, learned music and music theory. But when society rejects Christianity they also reject music and vocal theory. That all comes as a package. Now its all irreligious hatred and it has no class, no appeal whatsoever, no audience and absolutely NO FUTURE!

And for those of you who think I'm full of shit. Well, I waiting....

I'm waiting...

Still waiting...

But nothing is gonna happen. Metal is dead and can't be revived. I'll be waiting to be proved wrong but that won't happen.

Metal is dead. Music is dead. CD's are dead. Tapes are dead. Vinyl is dead.
Naive people have been saying this for years, you ain't the first, you wont be the last.
Your words are little more than opinion and you have no data to back them up.

115 METAL albums (all genres) on today's release list and it's a slow week leading up to Christmas.
16,500 listed metal albums for the year to date.
And that's only the data from one site that does not list every metal album or band currently active.
The same site also shows 665 metal albums released in 1988, 970 in 1990 and 1200 in 1994.
By volume alone your data is flawed.
Just because you don't listen to metal, just because you can't see past the mainstream bands that take up the media's time, just because your vision is tainted and you refuse to look at the entire world, doesn't make your thoughts facts.

Metal is dead. Music is dead. CD's are dead. Tapes are dead. Vinyl is dead.
Naive people have been saying this for years, you ain't the first, you wont be the last.
Your words are little more than opinion and you have no data to back them up.

115 METAL albums (all genres) on today's release list and it's a slow week leading up to Christmas.
16,500 listed metal albums for the year to date.
And that's only the data from one site that does not list every metal album or band currently active.
The same site also shows 665 metal albums released in 1988, 970 in 1990 and 1200 in 1994.
By volume alone your data is flawed.
Just because you don't listen to metal, just because you can't see past the mainstream bands that take up the media's time, just because your vision is tainted and you refuse to look at the entire world, doesn't make your thoughts facts.

You have made a lot of assumptions about me that are not even remotely close to being true. Just because people are making metal records doesn't mean their gonna sell. Look at the Rap market -- just one Rap album out sells all 16,500 metal albums!! I'm not defending rap either. I hate rap. But the fact is, some 90% of the younger generation listen to rap. I seldom meet younger people who like metal. They are far and in between. And those you meet that do like metal listen to nothing but hate metal.

You can think what you want but I know metal isn't coming back. The tainted vision of the Metal Music Industry killed it for good. You can't relate to none of it. Its music for the trash can. Worthless. Shit, I rarely even hear a rhythm that even sounds good. Without rhythm there is no appeal.

If I hold my breath for the Metal Music Industry to start putting out good music I'll die. You can say this and say that and tell me how wrong I am. But until it can be proven that metal can sell to a wider audience, and not just make two beers a night, you have no argument. Metal music lost its opportunity by promoting hate metal to the point where it killed the rest of the market...destroying the musical diversity in metal and leaving only one stupid and extremely boring sound with no rhythm left. All this barky bark and growling shit has lost record sales in the market.

Metal musicians can look forward to making their two beers a night. I personally nothing cool about a poverty stricken sound that will never crawl out of the depths of its poverty. In order fr metal to make a comeback it will take a combination of some very intelligent artists and intelligent marketers to bring metal back from the dead. But I don't think such intelligence exist in our American metal scene. I think everybody's brain dead and haven't a clue just how bad the market situation is right now for metal. For one, metal music will have to be reinvented. I'm totally out of ideas in that area and I really don't care either way. All I can say is that for years I warned people this day would come. But people were too stupid to listen. Nobody ever said being stupid was rewarding. Now the entire metal music Industry is dead. You can still play for two beers a night and have a good time with band mates playing for an empty bar. But the any idea of a serious career as a metal artist is such a wild way to gamble against the odds it isn't worth wasting the short life one has on such damnable odds.

On a side note, if any artist is serious about bring metal back from the dead then I suggest focusing on the virtuoso vocalists only. The reason why I say this is because in places like the Philippians and other Asian countries there has been a lot of amazing virtuoso vocalists coming out of poppy R&B which are classical crossovers fused into R&B. While metal is not R&B pop, taking knowledge and fusing it with a heavier idea may be a start. Then, focus on the weakness on the Asian R&B movement. That weakness is a lack of wealthy melodies. There is an awful lot of flash in the Asian movement but not much for strong melodies that are catchy. Yet the metal vocalist will still need incredible range in order to compete with the Asian market. I think a male singer who does hit those super high notes better learn how to do it and still sound like a man. I've heard those male Asian singers go full throttle female in their voice. While an occasional feminine tone isn't a crime, doing it excessively and too girly will not go over well in metal, nor have any ability to steal sales from the Rap Industry.
The ability to capture the moment, the right emotions of each song written, should be quintessential of all new metal artists, vocally and musically. The word cool is gonna have to be slightly redefined. A new mind-set is mandatory. The classical element should not be discarded. It will take well trained singers and musicians to make it happen. Music School is a must. No getting around that anymore. Not only should the talent of the music surpass all other styles of music in the world, but the writers need to be careful not to be too overly flashy like so many of those progressive metal bands in the past were. Talent can be humbled and tamed without losing those rich melodies. The mind itself it part of the musical vision and truly creative music will never forsake a solid melody. There is a time and place for flash, but even the flashiest writers need to be tamed in fear of producing boring and repetitive music. Things like repetitiveness must be avoided.

If you want to see metal come back from the dead then its gonna take some very intelligent minds to reinvent metal in a way that its never been heard before. But its gotta be done intelligently. In fact, who says every song or every moment in each song has to be heavy? Perhaps the right fusion of music influenced by metal may create a whole new kind of music. In that case, an artist has accomplish much more than merely bringing metal back. A whole new sound of music is never anything to snicker at. All and all, fusion is an art to be mastered.

CiG there is no point responding to him, remember he has us on ignore! :)

Reactions: CiG
Reinvent the genre so it can make a lot of money again, that's not pathetically shallow and materialistic at all.
Good luck playing for two beers a night. You might think that is cool or hard core. Most people see poverty and don't want to follow after it. Who wants to be poor all their lives, working hard for two beers a night? If there is no money to be made in the business than all it amounts to is two beers a night. Nobody will find that appealing. I mean, who will want to become a musician if the only thing they can achieve through all their training and hard work is two beers a night? Since when has that been cool? I can't think of a time when being in a metal band was something musicians did for the sole intention of wallowing in poverty. Hey, join my band! We promise not to sell more than 10 tapes and we are dirt poor and want you to join us in stricken poverty. :yow: Is that how you view musicians? If that's the case then you don't know much about musicians. They don't join bands for the purpose of staying in poverty all their lives unless they are punk rockers who die young due to drugs and poverty. A life lived in stricken poverty is a short life. I'm sure the life span of the average person in California must be 40 or 50 years old by now. A lot of people in California want to get out of stricken poverty, out of their tents, and do something that will make them money. But with poverty being the new metal standard its highly doubtful those Californians will want to join a metal band. They want to get out of the tents...not lose their tents!

Last edited:
Typically with your walls of text there is never any figures, data or even facts to back up your wild claims. You make claims like 'playing for two beers' yet offer no evidence that this is the case anywhere other than in your mind. Now you're on some horseshit tangent about poverty because derailing the thread is easier than actually facing up to the fact that nothing you say is based on evidence.

Metal Interview.

Q: What kind of music do you play?

A: I play Tents.

Q: What is that?

A. It used to be call metal but we all became poor because of how lousy our music had become. I suppose you could call it Tental music. Its Tents becausr we live in tents and our music keeps us from moving out of the tents.

Q: What's the name of your new album?

A: Tents.

Q: So the name of your album is the name of the kind of music you play?

A: Correct.

Q: What's the best song on the album?

A: Tents

Q:

A: The next best song is "My two beers"

Q: Why that? What is "My two beers" about?

A: Its about playing Tent Music and how we play for our two beers a night then go back into our cold tents a freeze. Though in the summer months some of us burn alive in the raging fires that sweep that State. Pretty cool.

Q:

A: Its the life we chose. Isn't it glorious!

Q:

A: We see those who get paid for their music as total posers. What pathetic losers, right?

Q:

A: Are you still there?

Q:

A: Stupid posers!

Last edited:
Good luck playing for two beers a night. You might think that is cool or hard core. Most people see poverty and don't want to follow after it. Who wants to be poor all their lives, working hard for two beers a night? If there is no money to be made in the business than all it amounts to is two beers a night. Nobody will find that appealing. I mean, who will want to become a musician if the only thing they can achieve through all their training and hard work is two beers a night? Since when has that been cool? I can't think of a time when being in a metal band was something musicians did for the sole intention of wallowing in poverty. Hey, join my band! We promise not to sell more than 10 tapes and we are dirt poor and want you to join us in stricken poverty. :yow: Is that how you view musicians? If that's the case then you don't know much about musicians. They don't join bands for the purpose of staying in poverty all their lives unless they are punk rockers who die young due to drugs and poverty. A life lived in stricken poverty is a short life. I'm sure the life span of the average person in California must be 40 or 50 years old by now. A lot of people in California want to get out of stricken poverty, out of their tents, and do something that will make them money. But with poverty being the new metal standard its highly doubtful those Californians will want to join a metal band. They want to get out of the tents...not lose their tents!

Are you actually retarded?

Reactions: Slammed
Maybe the reason why metal isn't the most popular genre among women is because they were raised to be "nice". Example: When my male siblings listened to metal, it was fine. When I, a female, started listening to metal all of a sudden there was something "wrong" with me since I was listening to "satanic music". I'm probably over-simplifying it but basically: Men aren't "allowed" to express emotions unless it's rage and women aren't "allowed" to express anger because they're delicate little flowers. :bah:
this is prolly the reason that these ultimatemetal forums have way the fuck more male users than female users

The culture of metal is not very welcoming to women, and the two years of incel loser talk chronicled and preserved in this thread highlight why this remains so.

Claire