WOODS 4: The GREEN Album Studio Updates / Pre-order Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fuck eh? I've been waiting eagerly for the CD. I have tomorrow off so it should come then depending on when it was mailed. From the 3 songs I have listened to it sounds as if its going to definitely touch a nerve. Every CD Woods of Ypres has released their has been significant improvement and this CD I'm sure will be no different in terms of your natural progression. Definitely stoked to hear the rest and if you don't get serious attention from a few labels then that is just criminal. And oh totally called the Necramyth CD as the 2nd disc! See you in the mail soon!!!! :kickass:

Joel

Same here. Canada Post has been really brutal as of late.

Yeah I know eh? I got my Woods of Ypres shirt in the mail like 2 weeks ago and it said it had been mailed out a week ago. You know some things wrong when you can get shit from Norway in a week and a half, England in a week, and then it takes a week to get something from the other side of the country! :bah:

Joel

I just wish the Necramyth album had its own case and book so it had its own place on my shelf,

Well, too bad. :) This is the way we did it and that's not about to change. This time around, it was offered as a bonus, in a 2CD package, and was never advertised as anything else (a second CD in a separate package for example). I do intend to release The NECRAMYTH CD separately in the future, but for now, as a bonus, this is how we did it. This was the most logical, economic way to offer a bonus to those who pre-ordered. I'm really happy with how it turned out, personally.

but hey it's still awesome to have.

Good, glad to hear it.

Oh and Dave did you realize that there is a misprint in the track listing? There is 2 number 9's.

The great Travis Smith sends his apologies... Yes, of course we realize. It was caught too late, couldn't (wouldn't) be fixed at the CD plant level, and we were forced to put it through to meet our deadline, vs. a significant delay. We had to make a call. At best, I'll accept the error as good omen... tradition. It has already been fixed for the reprint. If THAT'S the worst thing that happened with this release...we'll accept it if you will.

btw - the complaints department is now officially closed. We are excited about finally having the album released.

Hope you enjoy the actual music!

DG - \w/ :kickass:

-is new to WoY forums-

I got mine today as well, beautiful artwork. Noticed the track listing error I lol'd at it but a duplicated track number is nothing to complain about. Album itself slays. Completely slays. Necramyth's album is equally awesome. I personally love the idea of having it as a double album and especially since we get this epic, melodic, atmospheric CD to listen to first then this crushing, brutal bonus CD to enjoy after it. Makes the whole listening experience epic as fuck.

^ Sorry if I came off like I accused you of complaining. Didn't want that. I should've said "nothing to worry about" instead of "nothing to complain about" ;D

Anyways, finally finished the CD fully in one sitting. Much better this time than when I was trying to enjoy it while driving home from work. ;3

and both albums are awesome.

Awesome!

Noticed the track listing error I lol'd at it

I, didn't "lol" at this.

Album itself slays. Completely slays. Necramyth's album is equally awesome. I personally love the idea of having it as a double album and especially since we get this epic, melodic, atmospheric CD to listen to first then this crushing, brutal bonus CD to enjoy after it. Makes the whole listening experience epic as fuck.

Awesome. :)

:kickass:

Favorite moment so far: Dirty Window of Opportunity, the part with the buildup with the voice sample, guitar and bass drum, and then guitar solo. Props to Bryan Belleau.

Going on with And I Am Pining right now, it keeps getting better and better =D

along with the scream and guitar solo at the end of Wet Leather.
Going to have to agree 100% with that. The solo in I Was Buried in Mount Pleasant Cemetery is pretty damn awesome too. In general that song is top notch in my opinion, one of the best on the album. If not THE best.

That's just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.