Workout Music Thread

The fuck :lol: Worst advice I ever heard.

haters.jpg

:lol: For me the BEST part of working out is the mental aspect. Breaking past the limits you had in your mind and doing things you didn't know you could is the real pleasure for me. Everyday I go to the gym I make sure I push myself to an extreme. If I was stoned and zoning out while running or rowing, sure I could go an hour, but to fight your way to it, fighting past those thoughts in the back of your head like "Ok, just stop and walk for a bit", and all that other self-doubt bullshit, that is the real prize.

Also, I can't imagine doing anything good form while stoned, hard to catch yourself in a slightly weird position like placing weight in the front of your foot instead of your heals while squatting when you're blazed as shit :loco:

Joe is actually getting off his chubby ass and getting in shape? Son, I am proud :)

And I could never imagine trying to lift weights stoned. You would probably feel much weaker and more lazy. The best kind of high while exercising is an adrenaline high :cool:

Should we send you some food Vikk? We can get a box together and help out if the latest natural disaster destroyed your food supply.

Invest $40 into your headphones. Problem solved. Only thing I don't like about wearing my headphones is that I have to run the wire and iPod under my shirt when rowing to I don't fucking rip them out of my ears if they happen to catch on the bar.

Paid 35€ on my Senheisers, in-ear CX-300. Enough? Well, they keep falling. And the ones with the ring behind the ear are fucking disgusting.

I also need new earbuds since mine broke.

Something that I can use at the gym, on the bus etc. Regulars will do.

HOSÉ, do you still swear by the CX-300's? Like sound wise? I see they have some new models now as well.

I still swear and will keep swearing for them, they are the best headphones I've had in my whole life. Small, handy, GREAT sound, crystal clear and they don't have the extra bass (sometimes too much) like other Senheisers have, like e.g. the one directly under it, the CX-200, of which I own a pair too. Once you put the "Bass reduce" eq on the iPod, they work just as great (or almost) as the CX-300, but I'd spend the 5-10€ extra that mean the 300 bcause they're just awesome, really.

aloha

I will look around and hopefully order them.

How rough do you treat them, how long have you had them, and have you had any problems with them?

My earbuds/headphones have a habit of getting loose wires = bad sound on one ear and visa versa.

Joe is actually getting off his chubby ass and getting in shape? Son, I am proud :)

And I could never imagine trying to lift weights stoned. You would probably feel much weaker and more lazy. The best kind of high while exercising is an adrenaline high :cool:

Dude I've lost 30-40lbs like 3 times and gained it back in the past 2.5 years because I don't give a shit :lol: Lazyness is not my problem, I will fucking bust my ass for an hour then come home and eat shit. I am just stupid that way, most fat people are like OMG I CANT HAVE THAT CAKE I SPENT 20 MINUTES ON THE ELIPTICAL TODAY... exercise is a deterent for them, but I fucking love it, and don't find it hard so it's easier for me to fuck up :lol: But I've learned a lot, I'm mentally stronger han ever now and I've dropped 20 lbs since July 9th.

aloha

I will look around and hopefully order them.

How rough do you treat them, how long have you had them, and have you had any problems with them?

My earbuds/headphones have a habit of getting loose wires = bad sound on one ear and visa versa.

I've had them for a year now or so and still work more than great, nothing wrong with them, and I use them for everything and almost every day. On the bus going to uni, at home with the computer, playing with the Pandora, sometimes skiing, etc.

Dude I've lost 30-40lbs like 3 times and gained it back in the past 2.5 years because I don't give a shit :lol: Lazyness is not my problem, I will fucking bust my ass for an hour then come home and eat shit. I am just stupid that way, most fat people are like OMG I CANT HAVE THAT CAKE I SPENT 20 MINUTES ON THE ELIPTICAL TODAY... exercise is a deterent for them, but I fucking love it, and don't find it hard so it's easier for me to fuck up :lol: But I've learned a lot, I'm mentally stronger han ever now and I've dropped 20 lbs since July 9th.

Awesome work man. Once you start getting into the fitness zone, you come to like it and it no longer feels like a chore. Keep with it.

:lol: For me the BEST part of working out is the mental aspect. Breaking past the limits you had in your mind and doing things you didn't know you could is the real pleasure for me. Everyday I go to the gym I make sure I push myself to an extreme. If I was stoned and zoning out while running or rowing, sure I could go an hour, but to fight your way to it, fighting past those thoughts in the back of your head like "Ok, just stop and walk for a bit", and all that other self-doubt bullshit, that is the real prize.

Also, I can't imagine doing anything good form while stoned, hard to catch yourself in a slightly weird position like placing weight in the front of your foot instead of your heals while squatting when you're blazed as shit :loco:

I still don't go to a real gym so I dont squat :erk:
I DL at home, and my form used to suck and kill my back, but now I have it so its not on my back at all.
I find it easier to concentrate on form, my mind tends to race and think of 3938439248 things at once.

Yeah when I first met Joe he was thin and I was fat.
Then we traded places :p I still get a kick of that, and whenever I see the same with people from high school, especially the ones who were complete assholes.

I'll admit I dislike how much bigger Joe is than me in total mass, but can out-sprint me as a joke. He's like a bear charging a hunter.

Awesome work man. Once you start getting into the fitness zone, you come to like it and it no longer feels like a chore. Keep with it.

:lol: Sad thing is I am ~224lbs now and I AM in the fitness zone. I may sweat a shit tonne more but if you add up all the time that I have been going to the gym over the past years, I should be in really good shape. I am a fat guy with with excellent cardio. Sometimes it frustrates me to think of how I fucked myself over with dumb decisions :lol: Gaining and losing weight like I have is SO bad for your health/metabolism, not to mention my body has adapted to normal cardio that a fat guy my size would do to lose weight so I have to work a lot harder just to get the same results.

But it'll all work out in the end. Weight loss is 100% mental battle for me, one which I lose hard when I look at my life in the "well I have everything I could need and want" spectrum, which is what I used to think motivated me. I'm not bragging, if it sounds like bragging, just explaining how it is for me. I worked/hustled hard to set myself up with a nice life, my parents gave me nothing (would if they could but just not financially set that way) and I did everything on my own. Whenver I got grossly fat I would lose the weight and get down to a tolerable fat, then think "well who the fuck do I have to impress?" and then let go again.

I still don't go to a real gym so I dont squat :erk:
I DL at home, and my form used to suck and kill my back, but now I have it so its not on my back at all.
I find it easier to concentrate on form, my mind tends to race and think of 3938439248 things at once.

Yeah I did some stiff-leg deads for a while but I gave them up after I was scared I was doing them wrong. Now I try not to do deads because I'm "saving" them for when my muscles adapt to this shitty beginner routine. I do BW Squats and DB Squats now, also "saving" BB Squats.

A squat is a squat though, just try doing some BW squats with good form till you can do about 60 no problem, then add DBs. When you do a squat right, you feel it in the quads, if you do it wrong, it's in the back and knees more.

Main thing I noticed for me lately is while I can rape the machines in the gym like a beast (treadmill, cycle, row machine), outside the gym I'm a little weaker. I am trying to jog more outside and do more aerobics and BW stuff to develop more core/functional strength. I think that's what you do better than me if you actually go outdoors, something which I did all last summer and took me longer to get results but I was also a lot stronger too from it.

Yeah when I first met Joe he was thin and I was fat.
Then we traded places :p I still get a kick of that, and whenever I see the same with people from high school, especially the ones who were complete assholes.

:cool:

Does that mean you'll get fat if I lose weight? Or do I pass it on to someone else? I'm looking at your Swabs.

I started exercising, eating right, drinking less, and lifting the beginning of this summer, and I've lost about 20lbs over the summer, and my lifts have been going up since I started. Feels really good to do something positive like this.

Also for the ear buds, just get a cheap pair of those kind that you squish like earplugs and they expand in your ears, the suction kind idk exactly what they are called.

Dont buy an expensive pair for the gym because you will just sweat in them or get them caught on something and they WILL get all nasty and fucked up