World Cup 2010

And to think that, not that long ago, people were talking about the decline of European football. Seven of the last eight WC semi final teams have been European.

what? he's too old ! but, why not Pato? :erk: I agree with No Country, Dunga's mistake was to get back the players on track mentally. Brazil had a better, more stable team than in 2006.

Roberto Carlos is fucking old, but he's still MUCH better than the two jerks Dunga took to South Africa. He's just played an awesome semester down here. Considering the WC demands a max of 7 matches, I've no doubt he would do just fine. He's running like the wind.

Pato? Neymar is younger and has awesome skill. Also, scores lots of goals. I'd take him instead.

Keep these two names, you'll hear a lot about them - Ganso and Neymar.

BTW it would be great to see a Germany vs Holland final.

Try out this for a 'curse':
In 1982 (the year on which everything hinges) Italy won the World Cup. 4 years before and 4 later it was won by Argentina. 8 years before (1974) and 8 later (1990) Germany took it. 12 before (1970) and 12 later (1994) it was Brazil. 16 before (1966) and 16 later (1998) the host nation won (England, France). 20 before (1962) and 20 later (2002), again Brazil. 24 before (1958) and 24 later (2006), the Champion beat the host (Brazil beat Sweden in the final match in 1958 and Italy knocked out Germany in the semi-final in 2006). In 1954 Germany took the Cup, so it would be their turn again in 2010. In 1950 Uruguay beat the host, Brazil, 2-1 in the famous match known as the "Maracanazo". In 2014 the host nation is again Brazil. The spooky thing about this historical symmetry is that in 1946 there was no World Cup (World War II had ended the year before) and the same thing happened in 1942. So let’s hope we’re not in a similar situation in 2018 and 2022. Just in case, somebody had better make sure Germany doesn’t win the World Cup this year.

:D

Did people here forget how good Spain is?...not that I was rooting for them, or Germany for that matter. Spain sure is fun to watch and there ball control is amazing. Spain really had chances to close it out at the end but too many players were trying to be heroes instead of passing the ball off. Thought this may come back and bite them in the ass...possibly allow Germany to get the equalizer...but for not.

Spain will win I think.

Edit: And Uruguay deserve the third place spot for doing so well.

Edit 2: Not that germany did any worse. But I don't want Uruguay to go home empty handed.

Try out this for a 'curse':
In 1982 (the year on which everything hinges) Italy won the World Cup. 4 years before and 4 later it was won by Argentina. 8 years before (1974) and 8 later (1990) Germany took it. 12 before (1970) and 12 later (1994) it was Brazil. 16 before (1966) and 16 later (1998) the host nation won (England, France). 20 before (1962) and 20 later (2002), again Brazil. 24 before (1958) and 24 later (2006), the Champion beat the host (Brazil beat Sweden in the final match in 1958 and Italy knocked out Germany in the semi-final in 2006). In 1954, a team won their first world cup title (West Germany), so is in 2010 (either Netherlands or Spain). In 1950 Uruguay beat the host, Brazil, 2-1 in the famous match known as the "Maracanazo". In 2014 the host nation is again Brazil. The spooky thing about this historical symmetry is that in 1946 there was no World Cup (World War II had ended the year before) and the same thing happened in 1942. So let’s hope we’re not in a similar situation in 2018 and 2022. Just in case, somebody had better make sure Germany doesn’t win the World Cup this year.

:D

Fixed :D now this is still valid.

Yesterday both teams were focused on defense and it was flawless on both sides. Spain got lucky I guess. I'm glad that Spain won.

To Sevag: I know that this black guy in your signature is Muntari but I can't help the impression that he is added there with photoshop like in those "mindfuck" pictures.

Wow, this is a damn strange WC....

Anyways, hope Holland finally wins the Cup. They've had so many amazing players over the past 40 years and never managed to bring home the bacon (they were damn unlucky in 74 and 78). They do deserve it.

If you think I'm wrong, just try and remeber these guys - Johan Cruyff, Johan Neeskens, Ruud Krol, Rob Rensenbrink, Johnny Rep, Rijkaard, Ruud Gullit, Koeman, Marco Van Basten, Bergkamp, Edgar Davids,Frank de Boer, Jaap Stam, Marc Overmars, Van der Sar, Kluivert.

Dennis Bergkamp used to be my idol, and Cruyff is one of the best footballers of all time. Edgar Davids was a beast, and got even cooler when he started playing with tinted glasses. The only thing I remember from Jaap Stam is that he missed a penalty shot, against Sweden in the 04 EC semis I think.

Wow, this is a damn strange WC....

Anyways, hope Holland finally wins the Cup. They've had so many amazing players over the past 40 years and never managed to bring home the bacon (they were damn unlucky in 74 and 78). They do deserve it.

If you think I'm wrong, just try and remeber these guys - Johan Cruyff, Johan Neeskens, Ruud Krol, Rob Rensenbrink, Johnny Rep, Rijkaard, Ruud Gullit, Koeman, Marco Van Basten, Bergkamp, Edgar Davids,Frank de Boer, Jaap Stam, Marc Overmars, Van der Sar, Kluivert.

and of course don't forget the great one Ugo Vand BeatdeSpain. :D

well i for one am supporting spain, 'cause this dutch team is just really boring and unlikeable, with sneijder as their only real saving grace (and even he's a bit of a cunt, let's face it). to me, it would be kind of a travesty if this group of players succeeded where all those legends failed. the spanish team on the other hand has arguably as much if not more mystique than a lot of their own national legends, it just kind of feels like it's their time, so i hope they win it (and i'm sure they will).