World Cup 2010

with sneijder as their only real saving grace (and even he's a bit of a cunt, let's face it).

Yeah, he behaves like a cunt. But I do like some other players like Kuyt, Van der Vaart, Van Bommel, Van Persie and Robben. It's a good team overall. Far from superb, but a good team.

Also, WCs history shows that sometimes a good/average team wins where awesome teams failed. Take Brazil for instance. 94' team was pretty average, except for Romario. 82' team was incredible and they were sent home by Paolo Rossi (who was an average striker btw). That's why I still think the dutch team deserves it.

Seriously, what is that guy still doing at Atletico Madrid? He deserves a better club. Great player.

well i for one am supporting spain, 'cause this dutch team is just really boring and unlikeable, with sneijder as their only real saving grace (and even he's a bit of a cunt, let's face it). to me, it would be kind of a travesty if this group of players succeeded where all those legends failed. the spanish team on the other hand has arguably as much if not more mystique than a lot of their own national legends, it just kind of feels like it's their time, so i hope they win it (and i'm sure they will).

Spain really only has David Villa..i think the dutch team has been great to watch, haven't been able to watch one Spanish game shitty times for me..but this should be a great cup, how often does a team win the Euro and the following world cup? that's a great thing to root for

How fucking stupid are you?! A team that can't feature Cesc, Navas and Silva must be beyond incredible. Go back to watching Baseball or something. Xavi and Busquets are bigger factors than Villa.

im talking about players actually performing, since thats what he used in his statement my loving friend

Yeah, he behaves like a cunt. But I do like some other players like Kuyt, Van der Vaart, Van Bommel, Van Persie and Robben. It's a good team overall. Far from superb, but a good team.

lol i didn't think anybody in the world liked van bommel or van persie. robben has the whole funny looking old grandma thing going for him but he's still a horrible cheat. actually the only one i like in that list is kuyt, who incidentally is also the only liverpool player i like. this isn't to say i don't like watching these guys as players (when they're at their best, which they haven't been in this tournament aside from maybe van bommel), they're just horrible people.
Also, WCs history shows that sometimes a good/average team wins where awesome teams failed. Take Brazil for instance. 94' team was pretty average, except for Romario. 82' team was incredible and they were sent home by Paolo Rossi (who was an average striker btw). That's why I still think the dutch team deserves it.

yeah but i don't like it when that happens :( unless the so-called poorer team actually outplays the so-called awesome team, in which case i'll have to re-evaluate those descriptions.

Seriously, what is that guy still doing at Atletico Madrid? He deserves a better club. Great player.

like man utd? oh wait we tried that already :p

Spain really only has David Villa..i think the dutch team has been great to watch

first part is total nonsense (xavi, busquets and pique in particular have been superb and crucial - xavi is fast establishing himself as the greatest midfielder post-zidane) and second part is sort of disturbing to me because i think the total opposite :s

lol before the final started i predicted lawro would say 'total football more like total footbore' before the end of the first half, instead we had alan hansen at half time saying 'total football more like total thuggery!'

anyway this is justifying everything i said about the dutch lol. an even more negative unlikeable version of brazil.

the dutch were fucking dirty man haha jeez..i woke up early as fuck for the game and it wasn't really that good, but the Dutch were clearly not the best team so congrats to Spain

Spain is the best in team and talent...probably the only team in oh about the last four worldcups that survives and withstands the Dutch effort put on today. The Dutch played the way they had to...be disruptive as possible...play rough and dirty as fook. The tactics, though ugly, seemed to work and they had two clear breakaway chances of thier own but could not score. Could have easily been Dutch 2-1...they nearly pulled it off against a superior team.

Indeed Spain deserved it ! Netherlanders, as usual, dirty as fuck, which kinda ruined the game. 15 minutes of the game there was around 5 fouls (and in Germany vs Spain, the first foul was in the 23th minute !).
I believe if it wasn't a WC final, the referee would give about 4 or 5 red cards to Netherlands, which would end the game automatically. Congrats Spain, i was happy as fuck last night :D

Wow, what a boring game that was. The Dutch team were very violent, fouling every time to get the ball from Spain. It was obvious though who was going to win. Robben missing two crucial chances, he was terrible in that match.

Can't say I'm happy with the result, but anyways Holland didn't play a decent match. And yes, they played too rough. Also, it was indeed a fucking boring final.

Great to see Forlan got the best player "award". He played really well all of Uruguay's matches.

@ no country - Saw Forlan saying he would like to play somewhere else, except in England. Guess his experience at Man United wasn't nice at all. I bet he'll end up playing in Italy.

Next WC will be here, lots of work to be done everywhere. Hope we get a better coach and a decent team...:cool:

Spain coulda had 4-5 goals..Spain did better in every which way

Well, I don't know about 4-5 goals and they certainly weren't better as being the aggressors. Also if I remember they didn't have the number of clearcut breakaways that the Dutch had. The problem is the Dutch had to put those golden higher percentage chances away but they could not. It easily and more realistically could have been 2-1 rather than 4/5-0 (2). Bottom line and its a fine line...Dutch played in a way that allowed them to have a chance in the end. A tight 0-0 physical game throughout...yet Spain played the type of game to win as well. Sustain, control and just get 1 in the net. They were Ali in the ring doing the rope-a-dope taking all the shots, surving and winning like great athletes / teams do in the end.