World Cup of Failball

I remember when I first started learning Dutch, I was so confused because I have so many Flemish friends and so many Dutch friends and all of them not only speak differently than one another, (dialects/ different pronunciations etc) but they all taught me differently and corrected my mistakes in different ways… I was so confused I decided to stick with Dutch (plus, that was my home at that time).
I got so used to the ‘central Holland’ dialect, that’s how I pronounce my G’s and as a result, that’s also the one dialect I can understand the most. (the Harderwiijk area) It’s hard for me to understand Flemish, and I prefer to just stick to English when in Flanders ;)
(although, surprisingly, I love the Flemish accent the most :oops: )

was a great match, besides the cards and shit. it was a pretty even game, but I really hate that it was Iniesta that got the goal. He was easily the player that dropped the most EVERYWHERE. he even got a hand brushing on his foot and went screaming to the ground. Anyone but him getting the goal would have been fine.

Well played by both sides.

must agree with Stormo on this...

i'm Dutch but Flemish sounds way better...i actually think that dutch is one of the ugliest languages around!

but it works for me soo..meh!

Flemish and Dutch are different languages and Flemish is not gay Dutch.
Flemish sounds friendlier (I'd rather hear 'Foefke' than 'Kutje') , uses different words *, has other ways of expression and they articulate better than we do.

To name a few:
* Pinkert (B) Knipperlicht (D)
* Hesp (B) Ham (D)
* Fritten (B) Patat (D)
* Gazet (B) Krant (D)
* Kaaskop (B) Hollander (D)

:D

Flemish sounds better because of their pronounciation of the Gs. They are very mild (like I am sure Iris's Gs are very soft too, being that she is on the border of Belgium, am I correct Iris? :) ) and I think that's one of the main reason people tend to think it sounds 'less angry' than Dutch.

Flemish and Dutch are different languages and Flemish is not gay Dutch.
Flemish sounds friendlier (I'd rather hear 'Foefke' than 'Kutje') , uses different words *, has other ways of expression and they articulate better than we do.

To name a few:
* Pinkert (B) Knipperlicht (D)
* Hesp (B) Ham (D)
* Fritten (B) Patat (D)
* Gazet (B) Krant (D)
* Kaaskop (B) Hollander (D)

:D
*Pinker, en wij gebruiken zowel hesp als ham (ham is meestal gerookt, hesp gekookt)

* jeannet/tapet (B) homo (D) :D

Dat bedoel ik, Vloms is gewoon kei neig!
In het Tilburgse dialect zitten overigens redelijk wat vlaamse woorden.
En tja, poepen betekent bij jullie toch echt wat anders dan bij ons ...

@ Karen:
You are correct, i speak with a soft G and hard R.

Flemish sounds better because of their pronounciation of the Gs. They are very mild (like I am sure Iris's Gs are very soft too, being that she is on the border of Belgium, am I correct Iris? :) ) and I think that's one of the main reason people tend to think it sounds 'less angry' than Dutch.

The lack of the oh-god-what-the-fuck-did-I-have-for-dinner-last-night-I-think-I'm-gonna-throw-up-again-Gs is exactly why I think flemish and southern Dutch dialects sound gay... maybe it's because I'm used to the Groninger accent...

Edit: for the record, I think Swedish is one of the most dorky languages there are, so... (especially when we try to speak foreign languages...)

The lack of the oh-god-what-the-fuck-did-I-have-for-dinner-last-night-I-think-I'm-gonna-throw-up-again-Gs is exactly why I think flemish and southern Dutch dialects sound gay... maybe it's because I'm used to the Groninger accent...

Edit: for the record, I think Swedish is one of the most dorky languages there are, so... (especially when we try to speak foreign languages...)

hij moet eten wat "knäckebröd" en vervolgens uit te spreken, de G :loco: