World Cup of Failball

De Jong's kick to the chest should have been an instant RC, no doubt. I've long been a fan of Holland - probably for 30 years or more - but I think that they have really degenerated into a cynical, unsportsmanlike team at this point.

As far as the reffing went, it was a tough game to officiate without it becoming something of a cardfest, because there was a lot of needle going on, and more and more unnecessary trips and fouls kept occurring, so they eventually had to be called. As the card count grew the players started to cool off a bit to avoid anyone getting that second yellow that would have given the other team a man advantage. After De Jong's (what should have been) RC was called as a YC the Dutch were in hot water, so it only took a marginal foul near the penalty area for Heitenga to get his second yellow.

Either way, Spain outplayed the Dutch and certainly deserved the win.

im not so sure about that. according to tshirts the meathead jock types at my highschool would wear, second place is, in fact, the first loser. something to think about.

:lol: This reminds me of the meatheads with the Big Johnson and No Fear shirts at my high school back in the day, :lol:

Or the SENIOR tshirts :lol:

Yeah, honestly I'm actually not much into soccer and as much as I really wanted to see Holland taking the cup this Mondial,
I am happy for the winner also. Being in second place also has great honor, and het, at least they go this far up!
I think the game last night was crazy though... I have never seen a soccer game like this (with so many cards/brutal plays)

De Jong's kick to the chest should have been an instant RC, no doubt. I've long been a fan of Holland - probably for 30 years or more - but I think that they have really degenerated into a cynical, unsportsmanlike team at this point.

As far as the reffing went, it was a tough game to officiate without it becoming something of a cardfest, because there was a lot of needle going on, and more and more unnecessary trips and fouls kept occurring, so they eventually had to be called. As the card count grew the players started to cool off a bit to avoid anyone getting that second yellow that would have given the other team a man advantage. After De Jong's (what should have been) RC was called as a YC the Dutch were in hot water, so it only took a marginal foul near the penalty area for Heitenga to get his second yellow.

Either way, Spain outplayed the Dutch and certainly deserved the win.

I agree. I went into the match supporting Holland but during play I saw how much more classy the Spanish were; they came to play an honorable match the way it's meant to be played while Holland seemed to mistake a soccer match for a kickboxing tournament. Diving, crying, and being kicked in the shins but grabbing your face is one thing that I hate about soccer, but literally drop-kicking your opponent is too much. Spain deserved the win.