Worst band ever...

Jonas Renkse said:
Papa Roach

Hehe, shit, I almost forgot about them. Plagiarized Iron Maiden riffs meets horrendous lyrics plus the most uninventive drumming since Korn. An off point here, but I almost think it is funny that their singer or whatever married the fatter of the two Tylers. Wait a minute, The Two Tylers.............The Two Towers................there has to be a joke in there somewhere.

Annie said:
lol same here :ill:

Manowar are not that bad. At least you should not talk about them that way. They influenced so many bands, without much doubt a lot of bands that you listen to and like! A lot of bands wouldn't play the music that they play now if they haven't heard Manowar, I'm sure.
So, whatever they look like and behave on stage, don't forget how important they were.

I have a pretty bad CD in my collection from a band called "Pleurosis" or something. Spanish Speed Metal I guess.

An old german power metal band called Thundersteel; they're really bad!
The worst thing I ever heard is Dark Funeral and Burzum and all this shit! It's just noise much like a toilet flush recorded with a cheap walkman...

Hammerfall isn't THAT bad, but they're overrated; there was much better metal in the 80's;
Manowar are funny! They are comediants. Their music used to be better in the 80's, "Guyana" is one of the best Metal-Songs;

Unicorn said:
Manowar are not that bad. At least you should not talk about them that way. They influenced so many bands, without much doubt a lot of bands that you listen to and like! A lot of bands wouldn't play the music that they play now if they haven't heard Manowar, I'm sure.
So, whatever they look like and behave on stage, don't forget how important they were.

I see you know what you're talking about; and you're absolutely right;
"dance of december souls would never have been possible if there weren't bands like Manowar and Iron Maiden or, let's say Black Sabbath? I hear a lot of their riffs, or parts of their riffs or ways of arranging riffs in there....

Limp Bizkit is quite horrible, it actually gives me a headache. Another band worth checking out, especially if you're Finnish, is Heavy Metal Perse (do a google search, there are some samples at the band's website).

salisbury said:
The worst thing I ever heard is Dark Funeral and Burzum and all this shit! It's just noise much like a toilet flush recorded with a cheap walkman...
That's right! Burzum sucks! Where are all the choruses and catchy lyrics describing big emotions? And rap sections? You call this music? I can't even dance to it! It's really horrible, too, because it clearly drives young, healthy-minded people insane and makes them burn churces. Because of this, a Burzum song is actually a lot worse than just an ordinary toilet flush - it's an evil toilet flush.

Ergol The Ineffable and Cerulean said:
Dream Theater
:cry:
seriously, one can dislike them, but "worst band ever", c'mon!

leaving the metal section for a second, i'd mention "the darkness". when i first saw one of their videos (if they have more than one) i thought it was a joke, they couldn't be serious. but it seems they are! and what's worse, a lot of people must be buying their album! :confused:

mourningstar said:
:cry:
seriously, one can dislike them, but "worst band ever", c'mon!

leaving the metal section for a second, i'd mention "the darkness". when i first saw one of their videos (if they have more than one) i thought it was a joke, they couldn't be serious. but it seems they are! and what's worse, a lot of people must be buying their album! :confused:

Come on, I think that they are an insult to all serius music out there. They know all about the technical stuff, no doubt that they're good at playing and stuff like that, but the way they ignore everything else just pisses me off!

They know nothing of mood, feel, atmosphere or anything else than the fucking guitars and how to best rape them. Fucking ego-wankers, they all have a penis complex the way they have to show off that way

Though not metal, it has got to be the Barenaked Ladies. My god if I ever see them in person I will bea thte living hell out of them for making such pure and utter SHIT! Oh it HURTS! <Shudders>

:loco: The Scourge !!! How can you Be playing "MY DYING BRIDE - Songs Of Darkness, Words of Light"???? :erk: It's not supposed to be released 'till april or something??? I can't wait ...They're like gods to me :worship:

And By the way, the worst band ever to see the world is "Splatterpunk"! You should really check 'em out... they're like the biggest joke EVER!

Ergol The Ineffable said:
They know nothing of mood, feel, atmosphere or anything else than the fucking guitars and how to best rape them.
well, i actually feel something when i listen to them. of course there are parts where i skip back to listen again to a bit thinking "jesus, this is really impressive" and i'm talking about technique only, but there are many songs that do express emotions. to some people, at least.

but i know i'm not changing your mind on this subject, so i'll just shake my head pitying you :p

BoF said:
:loco: The Scourge !!! How can you Be playing "MY DYING BRIDE - Songs Of Darkness, Words of Light"???? :erk: It's not supposed to be released 'till april or something??? I can't wait ...They're like gods to me :worship:
I downloaded it through the hub here. And this album is simply amazing BoF. Easily their best since The Angel And The Dark River. 59 minutes of epic melancholy and overwhelming longing. This album could be top spot for me this year. Only time will tell, but the way the melodies have been dominating my mind, it isn't a longshot :headbang: