Worst or less great Opeth songs

^ thank god. seeing when on his list made me :erk:

Hey, what can I say, I don't like When. At least, when I listen to MAYH it just seems like a dull moment in between April Ethereal and Amen Corner. Not that it doesn't have its good moments, but it doesn't stand out to me.

And Dirge for November bores the hell out of me, aside from the intro which is amazing.

funeral portrait

are you kidding? the funeral portrait is one of opeth's most brutal and intense songs. listen to it from a technical point of view. full of super-melodic solos, charged riffs, awesome leads, and the fucking outro is orgasmic.

are you kidding? the funeral portrait is one of opeth's most brutal and intense songs. listen to it from a technical point of view. full of super-melodic solos, charged riffs, awesome leads, and the fucking outro is orgasmic.

I never listen to anything from a technical point of view. That's like trying to enjoy food from a molecular structure point of view.

:erk:

perhaps a fluke of being a musician?

the guitar solo at 4:28 is perhaps one of the greatest in opeth's discography. the outro is also smashing.
wtf am i doing o_O not like i can convince you to like it anyway.

threads about disliked songs, am i the only one who doesnt care at all? am i the only one who sees these threads every week? polls being created about opeth's worst song...threads that end up having people bitch at each other because "i cant believe you think blah blah blah isnt a fucking godly song" it just seems like nothing good is coming out of these threads.

threads about disliked songs, am i the only one who doesnt care at all? am i the only one who sees these threads every week? polls being created about opeth's worst song...threads that end up having people bitch at each other because "i cant believe you think blah blah blah isnt a fucking godly song" it just seems like nothing good is coming out of these threads.

For me is very neccesary to know what songs don't like to opeth fans, why? to do not play it live with my tribute band. My intentions with this thread is to know what songs I must not play as a reference of the people who go to see us play his favourite Opeth songs.

For me is very neccesary to know what songs don't like to opeth fans, why? to do not play it live with my tribute band. My intentions with this thread is to know what songs I must not play as a reference of the people who go go to see us play his favourite Opeth songs.

But why does it matter? Why not play the songs YOU like? Who cares what we like.

But why does it matter? Why not play the songs YOU like? Who cares what we like.

Exactly. If Opeth catered to what you like as opposed to what they like, we wouldn't have Moonlapse Vertigo apparently... and then my will to live would dwindle. I mean what majesty nestled in between Benighted and Face of Melinda. Mmmm. Goddamn I love you Still Life.

It's important. don't forget we are a Tribute Band, then we must play the songs that the people wants to hear. Opeth never has come to Chile and we are the only Opeth tribute band here, that means the people go to see some guys who play the Opeth songs, not particularly to each one of us playing. In fact, all the people who goes to see us expect we play the most similar way is possible.

If the songs we play were our own music, then I'll agree with you. we don't play original songs, we are a cover band.

i dont know why but i fucking love everything they do, so for me there is actually no Worst song but there are a few tracks i really listen less than others, they are:

the bonus songs on orchid and morningrise
-in the frost of winter
-eternal soul torture

still day beneath the sun is a little bit dull
weakness

that's about it

It's important. don't forget we are a Tribute Band, then we must play the songs that the people wants to hear. Opeth never has come to Chile and we are the only Opeth tribute band here, that means the people go to see some guys who play the Opeth songs, not particularly to each one of us playing. In fact, all the people who goes to see us expect we play the most similar way is possible.

If the songs we play were our own music, then I'll agree with you. we don't play original songs, we are a cover band.

play WHEN, DELIVERANCE and GODHEAD'S LAMENT at least and they all will be fucking nuts!

Play songs opeth dont play live like BRI karma apostle etc.