Worst singer that actually sings?

Anders had a few decent clean vocal parts in "Colony" but in "ReRoute" he totally blows although live it seemed a little better than the studio.

~ No. I am not. When he sings, "Baby, baby, baby..." over and over a thousand times over, to me, it is like screeching of a chalkboard.

Too bad that you feel that way. Personally I think he's the best singer there ever was in rock...

Ozzy Osbourne!!

The sheer state of him trying to sing live is bloody cringeworthy, a if it wasn't bad enough watching an old fart like him shuffling around the stage.

Let me explain my opinion about Jonas Renkse. (think its quite safe here)

He is the one that produces the song worst of all!
He produces it so very wrong I thought it was a joke after my first listening. They guy can sing low and when he produces that right, it sounds really good.

But, he cant sing high! Hes the opposite to Carmela in Novembre who can sing high and with great sustain(?).
Jonas just stays there in a half second or soo.
Anyone noticed the horrible David Hasselhoff in his voice?
Those who likes Renkse should also like that beach dude.
Jonas is just worse...

Katatonia is nearly a joke in my ears. Good but simple music with the worst singer (who thinks hes good) Ive ever heard.

Thats why Brave New World kicks ass!!! Good music with a great singer. Bad drums though... and guess what! (Renkse on drums)

I was though foolish enough to write these opinions on Katatonias messageboard. I didnt know that these guys hang around there and I had never a thought of to hurt someones feelings.

Anyway... they banned me from that messageboard without letting me explain!
I think Im the first and only one they have banned :loco:

But, he cant sing high!
On Tonight's Decision, that is true, but on LFDGD he is fine :p
the worst singer (who thinks hes good) Ive ever heard.
When did Jonas say he thought he was good?
Thats why Brave New World kicks ass!!! Good music with a great singer. Bad drums though... and guess what! (Renkse on drums)
What does Iron Maiden have to do with this??
I suspect you mean Brave Murder Day, and to call the drums on that album bad is to miss the entire point of the album. Listen to October Tide (side project by Jonas), you will see he is a perfectly capable drummer. The low-key drums on BMD is, I think, intentional.
No, there have been a couple of others, though for different reasons :p

"On Tonight's Decision, that is true, but on LFDGD he is fine"

He has never been good and is a bad singer :p

"When did Jonas say he thought he was good?"

Well, he sings!
If you and others thinks you are a bad singer... why sing then?
No point at all.

"What does Iron Maiden have to do with this??
I suspect you mean Brave Murder Day, and to call the drums on that album bad is to miss the entire point of the album. Listen to October Tide (side project by Jonas), you will see he is a perfectly capable drummer. The low-key drums on BMD is, I think, intentional."

Yeah, I meant Brave Murder Day.
If it was intentional, I think it was bad produced beacause the drums is too boring. They could have made them just simple but this drumming is even simple for non-drummers :)

I hate you! :loco:

:lol:

Originally posted by Risedfromthedead
Let me explain my opinion about Jonas Renkse. (think its quite safe here)

He is the one that produces the song worst of all!
He produces it so very wrong I thought it was a joke after my first listening. They guy can sing low and when he produces that right, it sounds really good.

But, he cant sing high! Hes the opposite to Carmela in Novembre who can sing high and with great sustain(?).
Jonas just stays there in a half second or soo.
Anyone noticed the horrible David Hasselhoff in his voice?
Those who likes Renkse should also like that beach dude.
Jonas is just worse...

Katatonia is nearly a joke in my ears. Good but simple music with the worst singer (who thinks hes good) Ive ever heard.

I was though foolish enough to write these opinions on Katatonias messageboard. I didnt know that these guys hang around there and I had never a thought of to hurt someones feelings.

Anyway... they banned me from that messageboard without letting me explain!

I take it you mean "Brave Murder Day" not "Brave New World", we're talking about Katatonia not Iron Maiden... haha... Anyway, I think Jonas' vocals are perfect for the style of music. They're imperfect, but that's the whole idea. Katatonia doesn't exactly write perfect, happy songs. Katatonia is all about depression and sorrow! Jonas' pronounciation sometimes throws me off, but his vocal capabilities are perfect for the music! Discouraged Ones is his best vocal work in my opinion...

Well if you look at doom as a genre you won't find many amazing singers (MDB, Katatonia, In The Woods, all pretty average singers IMO). But that's all part of the charm with doom. The main thing is, they all sound fucking depressed!!

"I take it you mean "Brave Murder Day" not "Brave New World", we're talking about Katatonia not Iron Maiden... haha... Anyway, I think Jonas' vocals are perfect for the style of music. They're imperfect, but that's the whole idea. Katatonia doesn't exactly write perfect, happy songs. Katatonia is all about depression and sorrow! Jonas' pronounciation sometimes throws me off, but his vocal capabilities are perfect for the music! Discouraged Ones is his best vocal work in my opinion..."

Perfect for the music... "imperfect"????
Bad singing is good for Katatonia?

:p