Would it be better if drugs were legalized?

Should drugs be legalized

• Yes

Votes: 44 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 40.5%

• Total voters
so legalize drugs so people can become the victims of some drug manufacturers capitalism ? because no one needs saving from these people ? many ways to kill a man, some legal some not ?

shall we put arsenic back on the store shelves too ? lets do away with all the hazardous substance placards. In fact it could save alot of money trucking that stuff all over hells half acre if we would just start spreading it out in the nearest suburban neighborhoods. Its just alternative chemical substances.... little different from hard drugs, no biggy

A crime for 'murder' is saving people from others.
and surely the murder of no man ever saved a few dozen people from his ways.

I think that only some drugs should be legalized, like weed and lsd. You know, drugs that aren't as addictive as cocaine and meth, etc.

Plus if marijuana was legal, stupid stoners would stfu.

Again if the hard drugs that are more difficult to make are illegal gangs can make money off of manufacturing them.

shall we put arsenic back on the store shelves too ? lets do away with all the hazardous substance placards. In fact it could save alot of money trucking that stuff all over hells half acre if we would just start spreading it out in the nearest suburban neighborhoods. Its just alternative chemical substances.... little different from hard drugs, no biggy.

Why not? If people are smart they won't buy it, there will be no market for it, and no one will sell it anymore because they won't make any money off of it.

Okay, that's a little extreme. But basically, I believe in information and people deciding for themselves. People should know the risks of what they're using/buying, but the government doesn't need to restrict their rights. If people are too lazy to read about the materials they're handling then that's their own problem (sorry razor, looks like you're shit outta luck on this one :cool:).

Fuck I know a person who had the thrill of smoking meth thinking "haha this is fucking poison and it's great" .. One thing that will never go away is people who don't give a shit about their life, and will take risks just to keep their hands occupied.. for example, hanging oneself, shooting dope, smoking meth, shit like that

Why not? If people are smart they won't buy it, there will be no market for it, and no one will sell it anymore because they won't make any money off of it.

Okay, that's a little extreme. But basically, I believe in information and people deciding for themselves. People should know the risks of what they're using/buying, but the government doesn't need to restrict their rights. If people are too lazy to read about the materials they're handling then that's their own problem (sorry razor, looks like you're shit outta luck on this one :cool:).

No Im not shit out of luck on this one. Drugs will never be legalized. Drugs have nothing to do with rights, decent people would have their rights violated being forced to live in a world of legalized drugs, so it will never happen. Once again we dont want that shit and wont deal with it. "rights"... baahahahahaha

"if people are too lazy to read about...... "?..... you have got to be kidding me, "know the risks"?.... like that would make a difference, are you trying to tell me people now involved in the drug culture are unaware of the risk ? Such silly comments that they almost call for one of my most offensive statements but the crying isnt worth it... better luck next time... like when you find important issues to fight for

Au contrair, you are. Drugs may never be legalized in the States, but that does not mean a black market will not flourish. Decent people already have their rights violated by being forced to live in a world of illegal drugs through gang warfare, as well as through the people's money and rights being sacrificed unto the state in the name of security. Remember what Franklin said of sacrificing liberty to gain security? Additionally, the food costs and taxes are higher because the state regulates what substances one may or may not ingest, in a free society such a notion is pernicious, and of course such regulatory mechanisms are funded by taxes.

People were not running around killing each-other and wreaking havoc before narcotics were regulated; the necessity of such regulation is arguably nihil.

Additionally, you sound like a spoiled little boy, "I don't want this, I don't want that, so you have a right to neither". If people like you minded your business and kept your petulant noses out of ours provided we afforded unto you the same consideration, this country would not be on the verge of bankruptcy.

You have said before people have too many rights, perhaps if I were the state vis-a-vis King Louis XVI you would be saying otherwise? If I made you bow down and kiss my fancy ring, on pain of being consigned to that same cage full of "black bucks" you spoke of earlier, surely you would say that you had a right not to do so? Your arguments are un-enlightened and reek of Neanderthal body-odour, and to remedy this thou art consigned to the ignore list.

"if people are too lazy to read about...... "?..... you have got to be kidding me, "know the risks"?.... like that would make a difference, are you trying to tell me people now involved in the drug culture are unaware of the risk ?

Not at all. In fact, the contrary is true. Many of them do know the risks. Therefore, they should have the right to use those drugs. All the government can do is provide people with the information they need to make the decision. Beyond that, their life is in their own hands.

No Im not shit out of luck on this one. Drugs will never be legalized. Drugs have nothing to do with rights, decent people would have their rights violated being forced to live in a world of legalized drugs, so it will never happen. Once again we dont want that shit and wont deal with it. "rights"... baahahahahaha

"if people are too lazy to read about...... "?..... you have got to be kidding me, "know the risks"?.... like that would make a difference, are you trying to tell me people now involved in the drug culture are unaware of the risk ? Such silly comments that they almost call for one of my most offensive statements but the crying isnt worth it... better luck next time... like when you find important issues to fight for

People have a responsibility for their own life. It you knew about the risk before you started, it's your own responsibility. I live in Europe, if my country desided to make drugs legal it would be together with Europe, what could US really do about it?

I don't care about US legal battles to be honest.

Sorry, saw this post and just had to respond...

I think the thing to ask is...why are people abusing drugs? To escape reality.

I purposely did not say, "use" drugs, because while it is true that a drug, in one way or another, is used to avoid reality, there are degrees, and it's in the degrees that matter.

To provide an example: There is a difference between a stock broker making a ton of money after a stock skyrockets and celebrating by having a cocktail, in comparison to a homeless man gathering a handful of coins to buy a bottle of vodka.

If one is able to fix the things which are wrong with their lives, drug use would drop because reality would be fun enough as it is. But if you are living a horrible life and want to feel good, you use drugs because it's your only way of feeling good, even if it is for only a certain period of time.

If one wants to solve drug abuse, one solves people's lives.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Drug use is something fun to do like watching a movie or going to an amusement park. Would you outlaw bungee jumping because someone is escaping reality with their adrenaline high? You're highly inexperienced with drug users if you think everyone who does drugs is using drugs because it's their only way of feeling good. You might as well say that anyone who goes to concerts does it because seeing live shows is the only thing that makes them happy. Or that everyone who eats steak does it because they are unsatisfied with their sex life.

It's like "Gee Bob, how can you sit there and listen to Cryptopsy? Don't you understand that life is fun enough WITHOUT music? You're just escaping from the reality, someday you'll have to turn off that CD player and face the facts." There's a lot more to drugs than government commercails you see on TV.

Sorry, saw this post and just had to respond...

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Drug use is something fun to do like watching a movie or going to an amusement park. Would you outlaw bungee jumping because someone is escaping reality with their adrenaline high? You're highly inexperienced with drug users if you think everyone who does drugs is using drugs because it's their only way of feeling good. You might as well say that anyone who goes to concerts does it because seeing live shows is the only thing that makes them happy. Or that everyone who eats steak does it because they are unsatisfied with their sex life.

It's like "Gee Bob, how can you sit there and listen to Cryptopsy? Don't you understand that life is fun enough WITHOUT music? You're just escaping from the reality, someday you'll have to turn off that CD player and face the facts." There's a lot more to drugs than government commercails you see on TV.

No need to apologize for responding to a post. It's what we do here.

I see where you are having a problem with what I said. Let me point it out:

"But if you are living a horrible life and want to feel good, you use drugs because it's your only way of feeling good, even if it is for only a certain period of time."

Now, I did not say that everyone uses drugs because it's their only way of feeling good. I said that those who are living a horrible life use drugs to feel good. I take it that you are not a person who is living a horrible life. I, like you, am not living a horrible life either. Yet, I too use drugs. I don't have a problem with that. If you have your shit together, you can afford to use drugs recreationally. Yet, those who have major life issues, should probably avoid drugs as it's stopping them from getting their life straight.

I hope that has cleared things up.

Not at all. In fact, the contrary is true. Many of them do know the risks. Therefore, they should have the right to use those drugs. All the government can do is provide people with the information they need to make the decision. Beyond that, their life is in their own hands.

No they dont have the right because they live in our society.
"All the government can do" is make it illegal and apply conquences
The honest truth is of hard core drug users their lives become societies problem, in this country no different than immigrants both legal and illegal become our problem

"free society" the euphoric babblings of youth

nothing is free

We live in a supposedly free society, and they don't have that right? My, this is a paradox. What to do then? We could retract the Declaration of Independence and change it to the Declaration of Dependence. I personally like the alliteration.

You're right; their lives do become society's problem. But we can choose to let it not be our problem. People know the risks of taking hard drugs. If they then still continue to use them we have no obligation to help them. The government should say "This is what these drugs will do to you. Do you understand?" That's all they can do. Then the lives of drug users are in their own hands, and it's their own fault if it costs them their lives. What burden do we have to bear?

we dont live in a free society, mankind for that matter has never lived in a free society. Falling all over the Declaration is really silly today, comparing today with 200 years ago ? Using words written by men at that time to somehow validate all the chaos and nonsense today. Are we supposed to condemn them for not writting a "asshole" claus into their idea of freedom ? No I suppose those who thrive on the loop hole of those ideals wouldnt condemn them, its in their favor.

No matter, drugs are illegal and so it will remain

No need to apologize for responding to a post. It's what we do here.

I see where you are having a problem with what I said. Let me point it out:

"But if you are living a horrible life and want to feel good, you use drugs because it's your only way of feeling good, even if it is for only a certain period of time."

Now, I did not say that everyone uses drugs because it's their only way of feeling good. I said that those who are living a horrible life use drugs to feel good. I take it that you are not a person who is living a horrible life. I, like you, am not living a horrible life either. Yet, I too use drugs. I don't have a problem with that. If you have your shit together, you can afford to use drugs recreationally. Yet, those who have major life issues, should probably avoid drugs as it's stopping them from getting their life straight.

I hope that has cleared things up.

:headbang: :kickass: Sorry I misunderstood you! My bad. I was in a hurry.

Oh and I just said sorry 'cause if I remember correctly the post I was responding to was like 5 pages old...

So long as there are people like you.

Reeking of immaturity. Same as if drugs were legal and 50% of the populations said "all because of people like you".

Bad things, be they... whatever, are illegal for a reason. I would spend more time focusing on some of the crooked shit that is perfectly legal than finding new ways to help further screw up the population. Get back to me in 25 years and tell me how you feel about drugs then, after you have seen people you care about take the fall or as a less radical and perfectly legal example just become problematic from drinking. I am most likely less "straight" then many of the people that have posted here and I stand firmly against hard drugs and that has increased as time has gone by. Yet when I was 15 I felt no need to cry because drugs were illegal, we all knew we were doing something that wasnt the best idea in the world, fun is fun... but the party ends one day and life gets serious. For those who refused to let the party end... well they never got serious and became a burdon on everyone around them. So you wanna suggest we promote this by stocking store shelves with plenty of "come fuck your brain up"... and point to me and say "people like me" ?... :lol:

Here in the U.S. we are supposed to be proud to be American live the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, there is drug problems but like you had said before razor, those things the doctors do and psychiatrists well personally I KNOW those drugs fuck you up worse...
Therefor an ounce of heroin, chemically tested 100% pure on the shelf.. what would I do, I'd eat it... I love the taste of that shit after snorting it...

Methamphetamine in a bottle 100% pure, no hassle, no paranoia, no worry about the cops busting you down, in a bottle, you've got your energy drink, and lets not forget the girls.. here is our fucking DIET ON THE SHELVES...

Cocaine in a bottle 100% pure tested,, that sure would be nice,, all your pains swallow this.. and for those who like FIRE =)

ROCK, IN A BAG, Premade, only 2% Baking soda AHAHAA.. yeah that's what I call Free motherfucker!

All of the drugs I just listed are really ALL AMERICA NEEDS!,, I've done much research in the medical field, LSD Marijuana, everything else.. to come off heroin.. dont use the done... HAHAHA.. anyway,, basically when you're coming off this shit everything counteracts, and still you will be your working productive human.. yes you may build a tolerance, and that's where the drug war comes in.. the scarcity of the resources.. (I should really be president) anyway.. if we had large plants building these things and had the resources made without the problem of the supply going down, everyone would be fine.. and cigarettes and liquor(the god drink) we could all forget about god.. lol... anyway..then we could use Marijuana for the real purpose of help with smoke,, to achieve a productive cough ( cough up spit) anyway.. people would rather listen to some doctor that would want them dead instead of take it from some bitch who does her study.

The sad thing about everything and all the knowledge I know and the Freedom I have to choose,, I've become an alcoholic within the past two months, I can't smoke a joint or I'll go back to jail, I can't go back on my diet fix, or I will go back to jail, also, I try to think there is a good thing coming out of all of this,, instead.. I can't sleep for more than an hour, I feel like shit unless I drink, I'm smoking cigarettes, not getting the phleghm out with my daily routine (it would be) of smoking Herb... I FUCKING HATE THIS COUNTRY! God help me as I have these fucking shakes and haven't slept for more than 30 hours.