Would it be better if drugs were legalized?

Should drugs be legalized

• Yes

Votes: 44 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 40.5%

• Total voters
Reeking of immaturity. Same as if drugs were legal and 50% of the populations said "all because of people like you".

Bad things, be they... whatever, are illegal for a reason. I would spend more time focusing on some of the crooked shit that is perfectly legal than finding new ways to help further screw up the population. Get back to me in 25 years and tell me how you feel about drugs then, after you have seen people you care about take the fall or as a less radical and perfectly legal example just become problematic from drinking. I am most likely less "straight" then many of the people that have posted here and I stand firmly against hard drugs and that has increased as time has gone by. Yet when I was 15 I felt no need to cry because drugs were illegal, we all knew we were doing something that wasnt the best idea in the world, fun is fun... but the party ends one day and life gets serious. For those who refused to let the party end... well they never got serious and became a burdon on everyone around them. So you wanna suggest we promote this by stocking store shelves with plenty of "come fuck your brain up"... and point to me and say "people like me" ?... :lol:

Your whole "life gets serious and I know because I've seen it" argument gets old, razor. Especially since you whip it out whenever you feel backed into a corner.

I don't want drugs to be legalized so that I can do them. I don't do cocaine or heroin, and I believe that doing them recreationally and regularly is stupid. But it's not my duty to decide what is right for others. Let them do what they want, and if they're stupid about it then they'll pay the price. It's not my or the government's problem.

Say a man is taken to a hospital with some kind of problem that is a result of persistent drug use. In fact, that patient has drugs pumping through his veins as he's lying on the hospital bed. The hospital should have no obligation to help that person. All it's doing is wasting resources that could be used on others who deserve it. Unfortunately, our bleeding heart society wants to help everyone; but drug addicts like this know the risks they're taking. They don't deserve any help.

Drugs should be legal because it's a person's own choice to take them. I'm not arguing for drug use. I'm arguing for people making their own choices. If those choices lead you down a fatal road, then so be it; but don't expect any help from me or anyone else. That's how it should be. Unfortunately, it's a very harsh and controversial opinion.

Your whole "life gets serious and I know because I've seen it" argument gets old, razor. Especially since you whip it out whenever you feel backed into a corner.

I don't want drugs to be legalized so that I can do them. I don't do cocaine or heroin, and I believe that doing them recreationally and regularly is stupid. But it's not my duty to decide what is right for others. Let them do what they want, and if they're stupid about it then they'll pay the price. It's not my or the government's problem.

Say a man is taken to a hospital with some kind of problem that is a result of persistent drug use. In fact, that patient has drugs pumping through his veins as he's lying on the hospital bed. The hospital should have no obligation to help that person. All it's doing is wasting resources that could be used on others who deserve it. Unfortunately, our bleeding heart society wants to help everyone; but drug addicts like this know the risks they're taking. They don't deserve any help.

Drugs should be legal because it's a person's own choice to take them. I'm not arguing for drug use. I'm arguing for people making their own choices. If those choices lead you down a fatal road, then so be it; but don't expect any help from me or anyone else. That's how it should be. Unfortunately, it's a very harsh and controversial opinion.

I agree with a lot of what you say. In fact, I would take this approach to anything done in excess, regardless of whether it's illegal, or legal...like over-eating, for example.

Now, I think at this point, the following question would arise: When is too much? At which point do we say that something is probably not healthy for you but acceptable, in comparison to something that is going over-the-line?

This umbrellas just about anything that is harmful, done in excess, and would cause taxpayers to front the bill:

Drugs
Bad Food
Fast and Dangerous Driving
Unprotected Sex
...and many more

I want to give others the right to do what they wish. Yet, it would affect everyone if one were to overdose, die from obesity, run over a pedestrian, or test HIV positive.

I don't know the answer the questions I'm asking. I think I am just openly asking questions that need to be answered, by all as a collective. Because we are all affected by what others do, a collective has to come to some kind of agreement on these issues.

That is what I hope would be the next step to this.

Oh grow up already, and if you cant do that work on your reading comprehension skills. If someone mentions changes in time you get your diapers all cramped. Me backed into a corner ? By F&F saying "people like you" ? Wow... whodda thunk it... I suppose your reading skills failed you and you couldnt get beyond the first sentence to comprehend the second... here "Same as if drugs were legal and 50% of the populations said "all because of people like you".

As I have said many times in this it is a problem. People might have children and not want them to be told by our government that drugs are just fine... they are legal, have at it. Get back to me in 25 years when you have lived some life and seen enough. Drugs are every part the business of our government, drugs are not in the best interest of the people of the country therefore they are illegal, grow up and get over it.

No I dont believe they deserve help, I also dont believe immigrants deserve help at the cost of our country either, yet they get it and screw our medical healthcare system as well as our social security system right straight into hell. But I suppose you'd rather wah wah about drugs should be legal, so they are there in full veiw of the entire population, calling out their name... "try me, try me"

Drugs should be legal because it's a person's own choice to take them. I'm not arguing for drug use. I'm arguing for people making their own choices. If those choices lead you down a fatal road, then so be it; but don't expect any help from me or anyone else. That's how it should be. Unfortunately, it's a very harsh and controversial opinion

Once again, due to your narrow scope on life you continue as if everyone is a single person without any ties to anyone else. No family, no friends, just me myself and I, no skin off my back. The government couldnt possible ignore the drug problem, let alone condone it, our courts would be full of familys with law suits against the government for placing drugs readily available for public consumption.

Get some experience would ya, and until then try looking at the big picture, you'll be up to your chin in problems associated with your euphoric new world :lol:

Drugs should not be illegal because the country doesn't like them. The country likes alcohol and its acceptable and legal yet alcohol is worse than most illegal drugs. Putting restrictions on things people do for fun just because they could cause danger to someone creates problems.

For example the alcohol prohibition:

Alcohol becomes illegal
People still drink it
The Mafia makes a bunch of money making alcoholic drinks

And when the prohibition was gone the country didn't instantly turn into a bunch of fucked up alcoholics.

Get some experience would ya, and until then try looking at the big picture, you'll be up to your chin in problems associated with your euphoric new world :lol:

You're not looking at the big picture. You don't have to live a long time to know shit. Have you ever heard of books, or the internet? They supply information!

And why should we get over drugs being illegal? People get killed by gangs that have a foundation on drugs. So you would rather have gangs of killers walking around causing trouble and selling drugs to some irresponsible addicts than have drugs sold at the stores where no one will buy them except the addicts?

Yes books can tell you about things but seeing first hand is far more enlighting and certainly less bias.

As for the gangs killing the gangs, Im not sure this is a problem I'd be willing to sacrifice so drug companies and government taxs could capitalize on turning people into addicts. Hard drugs are worse than alcohol and if you had been following closely with everything, I have covered that, alcohol is legal and there is no turning the problem back, The same will happen with with legalized drugs.

If you have such concern with gang war and drugs you should perhaps read about immigration and its contribution to this problem and direct your efforts there.

AND once again you ignore the legal ramifacations of placing drugs legally into the hands of the population as well as family concerns. As has everyone else, makes me wonder if its not too high a pinnacle to be able to see the top.

this might sound fucked up // but I think secretely (ghettobitch has been drinking) secretely, everyone wishes hitler would have achieved his plan.. of creating and killing those who didn't produce productive humans, this I tell you I am not being racist, I have brown eyes, auburn hair,, anyway, Hitler accepted those who didn't have disabled children and such.. I know that even though there is a drug war, people who would have crack babies, ar going to have crack babies, people who are going to have heroin addicted children, Fetal alcohol syndrome ect those things are already occurent in our society, and will always be due to the self-pity population, anyway,, .. there are children out there who are prescribed ritalin, aderol, dexadrine when they are kids because they were born addicted to methamphetamine or cocaine.. nothing is going to help, nor stop the problem of having disabled kids...

Marijuana,, that is one thing that will help a woman while pregnant, increases hunger (so you eat for your kid) ect... but there are people out there and no matter what laws there are, they are going to be smoking cigarettes, smoking meth, taking pills, drinking, which are ... I can't even say it.. what a doctor has to do for a family who seeks assistance is horrendous.

whether a person sees a problem with drugs or if they don't You can always go to your nearest fucking PIG and JUDGE or OLD CONGRESSMEN and say a sober bitch, or a just a potsmoker spends all their money on drugs. the only problem I see is there's nobody taking care of bigger issues, Fucking fraud against the shit.. well if they did,, just hide under all that shit and deny everything as you're most likely a crackhead who buys hookers... FUCK YOU,,

AND once again you ignore the legal ramifacations of placing drugs legally into the hands of the population as well as family concerns. As has everyone else, makes me wonder if its not too high a pinnacle to be able to see the top.

What makes you think a bunch of people are going to start doing drugs if they are legal? When alcohol was legalized there was the same amount of drinking there had always been.

Oh grow up already, and if you cant do that work on your reading comprehension skills. If someone mentions changes in time you get your diapers all cramped. Me backed into a corner ? By F&F saying "people like you" ? Wow... whodda thunk it... I suppose your reading skills failed you and you couldnt get beyond the first sentence to comprehend the second... here "Same as if drugs were legal and 50% of the populations said "all because of people like you".

:lol: Work on my reading comprehension skills?

I'll do that when you start spelling shit correctly.

As I have said many times in this it is a problem. People might have children and not want them to be told by our government that drugs are just fine... they are legal, have at it. Get back to me in 25 years when you have lived some life and seen enough. Drugs are every part the business of our government, drugs are not in the best interest of the people of the country therefore they are illegal, grow up and get over it.

The government won't tell people that drugs are "just fine." They'll warn people of the harmful effects of drugs. Beyond that it's a person's individual responsibility to choose whether or not to use them. How are you not getting this?

No I dont believe they deserve help, I also dont believe immigrants deserve help at the cost of our country either, yet they get it and screw our medical healthcare system as well as our social security system right straight into hell. But I suppose you'd rather wah wah about drugs should be legal, so they are there in full veiw of the entire population, calling out their name... "try me, try me"

I believe that immigrants shouldn't be given help either, if they're illegal. But that's not really the issue here, is it razor? Stop changing the subject.

Once again, due to your narrow scope on life you continue as if everyone is a single person without any ties to anyone else. No family, no friends, just me myself and I, no skin off my back. The government couldnt possible ignore the drug problem, let alone condone it, our courts would be full of familys with law suits against the government for placing drugs readily available for public consumption.

I do look at the big picture. And I see a world of people who don't care anymore, like yourself.

The government shouldn't be responsible for public use of drugs. You say the government would be faced with lawsuits. I say that any time someone tries to level a lawsuit against the government for making drugs legal, the supreme court should simply say "It was your relative's/friend's fault for using. The government isn't responsible." Problem solved.

I believe that immigrants shouldn't be given help either, if they're illegal. But that's not really the issue here, is it razor? Stop changing the subject.

Actually immigrants both legal and illegal have a giant part in the drug culture. Immigrants both legal and illegal also cost this country a huge fortune from our tax's and social security, so Im not changing the subject... duh... Im spot on. As our inner cities have pushed further and further out into areas that were once decent these problems have been in steady increase, so a smart man would look for the source of the problem. Carefully placed SCUD missles would suit me fine. Just the money saved could also afford new re-construction jobs for honest working American born citizens and drugs would still be illegal... AS THEY WILL ALWAYS BE....... HA!

The government won't tell people that drugs are "just fine." They'll warn people of the harmful effects of drugs. Beyond that it's a person's individual responsibility to choose whether or not to use them. How are you not getting this?

What is it your not getting ? Its far more complicated than this. Do you know anything about the drug culture and trade, first hand, at all.

Work on my reading comprehension skills?

I'll do that when you start spelling shit correctly.

Funny I can understand anything thats written, regardless and you cant comprehend anything. Its sad to think you cant keep up.

For example:
I do look at the big picture. And I see a world of people who don't care anymore, like yourself.
:zombie:

The government shouldn't be responsible for public use of drugs.

Exactly, they why drugs are illegal

Actually immigrants both legal and illegal have a giant part in the drug culture. Immigrants both legal and illegal also cost this country a huge fortune from our tax's and social security, so Im not changing the subject... duh... Im spot on. As our inner cities have pushed further and further out into areas that were once decent these problems have been in steady increase, so a smart man would look for the source of the problem. Carefully placed SCUD missles would suit me fine. Just the money saved could also afford new re-construction jobs for honest working American born citizens and drugs would still be illegal... AS THEY WILL ALWAYS BE....... HA!

Whether or not drugs should be legalized has nothing to do with immigration. When looked at as a question purely of citizens' rights, then immigration doesn't factor in. Illegal immigration has a part in the drug trade, but it has no effect on my decision that drugs should be legal.

What is it your not getting ? Its far more complicated than this. Do you know anything about the drug culture and trade, first hand, at all.

It doesn't need to be more complicated than this, but people make it that way.

Funny I can understand anything thats written, regardless and you cant comprehend anything. Its sad to think you cant keep up.

I know. I'm an idiot.

:lol: We are having way to much fun with this... thing... ya know :lol:

you would be a great soldier for frying the big fish with :headbang:

let me know when you are ready for the real battle

I bought Vodka legally today and am in process of destroying a few brain cells, so we'll resume this tiny brawl at another time

I thought of making a book out of topics in this section of the forum. Of course I probably wouldn't be allowed to.

I guess. I was thinking of just copying every topic, weeding out trolls, and spelling errors.

Yeah. I'll ask the admins if I can do this. I think it would make a great book. I think reading it like a forum thread makes it much more readable than one guy babbling on about his own thoughts.