would someone tell scott ian there was an al qaeda and hussein

AjDeath said:
I'm am sorry to repeatedly post like an asshole, but I just found some quotes that Bush made during his 2000 Campaign.

"...more and more of our imports are coming from overseas."

"I know how hard it is to put food on your family." Oh, does he know...?

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy." This has come into fruition.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." ????

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where our wings take dreams."

"Rarely is the question asked, 'Is our children learning?'"

Bush used the word "subliminable" FOUR TIMES! Also, Bush has claimed that his detractors have "missunderestimated" him.
This does not sound like a Yale or Harvard graduate, it sounds like someone who has been abusing his substances for far too long. Being a "Twice Born"(whatever the hell that is) Christian must have helped him along in these endeavors.

:worship:

"Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicity and secrecy, to continue to do so. That is a threat to the stability of the Middle East. It is a threat with respect to the potential of terrorist activities on a global basis. It is a threat even to regions near but not exactly in the Middle East."
"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." Senate Speech
"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
"The threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but as I said, it is not new. It has been with us since the end of that war, and particularly in the last 4 years we know after Operation Desert Fox failed to force him to reaccept them, that he has continued to build those weapons. He has had a free hand for 4 years to reconstitute these weapons, allowing the world, during the interval, to lose the focus we had on weapons of mass destruction and the issue of proliferation."
All quotes of the John Kerry

Lordlindsey said:
That being said....Who in the hell would you have in office after 9/11 happened??? Bush or Gore??? Gore doesn't have the Matza. Bush took action.

What the hell is up with Kerry's plan against Terrorism? His plan is not 'Pre-Emptive' like Bush's. Therefore, he's going to sit back until another 3000 Americans are killed, then react.
At least Bush is trying to do something about it, before more innocent victims are killed.

QUOTE]

Just my .02 but here goes.

Bush and Company gave Bin Laden a 3 week head start (after 911) in Afghanistan before the bombing started. Then how many troops were deployed. Less than the number of police officers, CIA agents, and FBI agents that will be guarding the GOP in New York.

Then we start a war with... Iraq. A country that had nothing to do with 9-11. I dont give a rats ass about aluminium tubes, or what the Russians told us, or if some Al Quida operative did get stitches in an Iraqui hospital. Iraq did not fly airplanes into the World Trade Centers, blow a hole the size of a 2 story house in the USS Cole, or blow up a night club in Bali, or 2 US Embassys in Africa.

To quote Mr George W Bush

Fool me once shame on..shame on me, fool me twice I wont get fooled again

they knew something would happen but who in there right mind coulda predicted that guys could take over a plane with box cutters and take control of a plane,its just one of those things where u learn the lessons the hardest way possible,lets hope after all these enquiries they have actually learned something to ensure it doesnt happen again.

its so easy to be critical after the fact.

mrthrax said:
they knew something would happen but who in there right mind coulda predicted that guys could take over a plane with box cutters and take control of a plane,its just one of those things where u learn the lessons the hardest way possible,lets hope after all these enquiries they have actually learned something to ensure it doesnt happen again.

its so easy to be critical after the fact.
Here are some facts and logic.

On August 6th, CIA director Tenet delivered a report to Bush himself entitled-"Bin Laden Determined to Strike at U.S." The contents of which discribed how Al Qaeda might be planning to hi-jack airplanes and crash them into the WTC. Bush followed up on the report the next day by playing a round of golf. When Bush took office, Richard Clarke laid out a plan approved by Clinton to remove Al Qeada permanently to Condi Rice, she denied this meeting ever took place in a Time interview. The problem is that the NY Times covered the meeting. In Februrary Clarke repeated the plan to VP Cheney. Time reperted that outgoing Clinton officials felt that "the Bush team thought the Clintonites had become obsessed with terrorism."

Also on this same note, have you ever heard of the Hart-Rudman Commision? the last installment of the Hart-Rudman report was issued on February 15, 2001. You should check it out.

According to the Washington Post Geoge Tenet worked himself "nearly frantic" with concern in July. To no avail. In mid July "Geoge briefed Rice that there was going to be a major attack."-Time

On August 16, the INS arrested Zacharias Moussaoui, a flight school student, who didn't want to learn how to take off or land. The arresting agent wrote that Moussaoui seemed like "the type of person who could fly something into the World Trade Center.

A Minneapolis FBI Agent wrote to DC HQ that a "747 loaded with fuel could be used as a weapon."

Bush was on vacation during most of this time. A budget that proposed $600 million to go to ani-terrorism programs was threatened with a Presidential veto-BY RUMSFELD. Where is the logic in that?

AjDeath said:
@-LordLindsey-I, like Gore Vidal, consider myself as one of the last remaining small "r" republicans. Here's a tip, do some reading/research before you spout your mouth off about what Liberals are and what they believe, because what we call Liberals in this country are not even close to what a real Liberal is, a free minded, generous person who is open minded to all sources.

Here is a question for you though. Who blantanly lies to the American people? Someone and someones come to mind,and they do not even trying to hide the fact. Why weren't the members of Congress allowed to read the Patriot Act before voting on the issue, and why is there an act that might (or is, need to check) be put into place to make said act confidential? Why is the Sunset Clause in this act worded so vaguely, and why is the loophole for how long they can detain you or keep evidence or even how long they have until they pursue a case in an addendum that is absolutely massive and horribly confusing? Why did Bush missrepresent his Service records? Why did Clerance Thomas not recuse himself from a vote where his wife was working for the campaign of one of the parties involved? Who is the Carlyle Group? Why is there a presidential order put into place by Bush sealing all Presidential records, FOREVER? Why was there a Presidential Order just months before 9-11 forbiding the intelligence community from pursuing any lead on Al Qeada or they would be prosecuted, also signed by Bush. ????
You have your opinions about Liberals and I have mine. Your opinion of what a Liberal is your opinion. BTW...I do live in this country, and I'll use the word 'Liberal' as the typical American has come to use it.

Hmmmm....Who blatantly lies to the American Public???? Clinton and Gore are the first to come to mind, but there certainly are more than that isn't there?

I had no idea that that members of our government couldn't read the Patriot Act, before voting on it. That is shady. How come it still got approved then, and also extended?

Lordlindsey said:
I had no idea that that members of our government couldn't read the Patriot Act, before voting on it. That is shady. How come it still got approved then, and also extended?
Why did the Patriot Act get passed into law? This "Act" has certainly been stting around from Clinton's terms or before. Hence the light speed in which it was presented to Congress, I believe it was a week or two after 9-11. A bill of this magnitude does not take a week of preperation to be compiled. The law was passed for a simple reason, in a speech before a joint session of Congress, Bush pretty much threatened the Senators and Congressmen/women with being unpatriotic if they did not sign this bill, conveniently titled The Patriot Act. If you remember the tone of America at this time, you would remember that this was a very bad time to be seen as "unpatriotic". Also, and I will have to find out which Senator or Congressmen said this, "We often sign Bills into law without reading them. Can you imagine how much work would get done if we did? Nothing would get done. This was just like any other bill that we vote on, except that we were denied the bill itself. But who wouldn't vote for a bill called the Patriot Act?"(I may have not quoted exactly, but this was the gist of what he said) In fact, there was one member of Congress who voted against it, he got soundly defeated for re-election, mostly because his Rep. opponent called attention to this fact at every opportunity. He is currently suing the Gov't.

Also, my difinition of Liberal is a paraphrase of the Funk & Wagnal's definition. I agree that this is not the common way the word Liberal is used in America, but it should, because most Liberals are just as bad as Republicans when it comes to being in the party line, in fact, I hardly see a difference between the two parties at all. If you listen to the rhetoric of both "sides", except for abortion, gay marriage, and gun control, they essentially spew and skew the same points, over and over. Really, it is like being bludgeoned by boredom and redundancy. Sort of like my posts.:D

I think what Scott said was far beyond stupid (as is this thread) but to be honest I couldn't care less. He's still the fucking man IMO and he's entitled to his opinion even if it is wrong.;)

TD said:
Bush is done in November. Unless someone shoots him first.
I wouldn't count on it. Kerry is the first candidate in history to not go up in points after a convention. On some polls he even dropped a point. On all polls he's behind Bush but just barely. Not that polls really matter but it does say something...what exactly I'm not sure, but I'm sure it says something.

AjDeath said:
Here are some facts and logic.

On August 6th, CIA director Tenet delivered a report to Bush himself entitled-"Bin Laden Determined to Strike at U.S." The contents of which discribed how Al Qaeda might be planning to hi-jack airplanes and crash them into the WTC. Bush followed up on the report the next day by playing a round of golf. When Bush took office, Richard Clarke laid out a plan approved by Clinton to remove Al Qeada permanently to Condi Rice, she denied this meeting ever took place in a Time interview. The problem is that the NY Times covered the meeting. In Februrary Clarke repeated the plan to VP Cheney. Time reperted that outgoing Clinton officials felt that "the Bush team thought the Clintonites had become obsessed with terrorism."

Also on this same note, have you ever heard of the Hart-Rudman Commision? the last installment of the Hart-Rudman report was issued on February 15, 2001. You should check it out.

According to the Washington Post Geoge Tenet worked himself "nearly frantic" with concern in July. To no avail. In mid July "Geoge briefed Rice that there was going to be a major attack."-Time

On August 16, the INS arrested Zacharias Moussaoui, a flight school student, who didn't want to learn how to take off or land. The arresting agent wrote that Moussaoui seemed like "the type of person who could fly something into the World Trade Center.

A Minneapolis FBI Agent wrote to DC HQ that a "747 loaded with fuel could be used as a weapon."

Bush was on vacation during most of this time. A budget that proposed $600 million to go to ani-terrorism programs was threatened with a Presidential veto-BY RUMSFELD. Where is the logic in that?
Thanks for listing all of that so I didn't have to.

And besides, the government was too busy tracking the interstate commerce of prostitutes to have any agents to devote to tracking terrorist organizations.

well why did bush and his admin get cleared of any wrong doing,yes they admitted that they didnt do enough but to outright say that bush new that on sept 11 that 4 planes were going to get taken over is just ridiculous,there is a reason they said the world changed forever that day,any president until that day would have thought they were untouchable,i'll say it again lets hope they have learnt a very valuable lesson on how to communicate all there infromation.

what do u find when u go digging for dirt?

mrthrax said:
what do u find when u go digging for dirt?
Here is an excerpt from a book which I won't name, because otherwise, you probably won't read this.

"Nine months after Bush took office, we went to war against the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. The Soviets couldn't conquer Afghanistan. Neither could the Britsh in 1919. But somehow, we did it in a few weeks. with no new funding (the first Bush defense budget went into effect on October 1, 2002), Donald Rumsfeld had taken our "gutted" military and, with a little string and some baling wire, turned it into the greatest fighting force in the history of the world."

During Bush's nominee acceptence speech he said, 'If called on by the commander in chief today, two entire divisions of the Army would have to report, 'Not ready for duty, sir.'" This is a striaght out lie.

Carl Levin had some questions for Dick Armitage, Bush's deputy secretary of State, this question during a hearing of the Senate Armed Service Commitee a few days later.

Levin: "But I want to get back to the two divisions being ready for duty, because Mr. Armitage has not answered that. Are those two divisions ready for duty, or aren't they?"

Armitage: "I believe those two divisions, Senator, are ready for duty.

Levin; 'That is not what Gov. Bush said the othr night, and that is why I think an apology is appropriate."
Instead of an appology, Armitage stormed out of the room.

Lawrence Korb, current director of national security studies at the Council on Foreign Relations, a group I despise had this to say about the war in Iraq. "The fact of the matter is that most of the credit for the succesful military operation should go to the Clinton administration."

Rumsfeld and his "gutted" (his own words) are the best in the world. And yet he claims that Clinton gutted the military, and Bush lied about it's readiness.

I don't need to search for an intern BJ in the WH, something that is damn common in my estimation, to dig up dirt on these men. I just have to look at what they say and do.

Cincy Vigilante said:
you say this with the same cocky attitude you had when you said the Lakers would win it all we all know how that turned out...
No, he just means November, 2008.