Would Spiral Architect tour if...

Travis

Bassist
Jan 2, 2006
Near Albany, NY
www.myspace.com
...Atheist and Cynic ever got on a tour package together? I think you guys would fit perfectly on that bill, and personally I'd be pretty disappointed with most other bands that would probably get booked on it (ie Dragonforce headlining the most recent Cynic tour :puke:)

I think also that Spiral Architect, Between The Buried And Me, Continuo Renacer and this old school bands fits more in this tour than other (cool bands) like The Faceless, Daath, Opeth, Dream Theater and Meshuggah.

mehhh BTBAM tours enough, and they definitely draw more of the bullshit hardcore kid scene, atleast here in the states...

I really think that SA would fit well with Atheist and Cynic. I know those two are referred to with a bit more of a death metal aspect, whereas SA usually gets labeled straight prog (see Oyvind's post above), but I don't think the sounds are too far a stretch at all. Especially what with Cynic's new stuff. In the eyes of a fan it would be the perfect tour, and I'm sure that just about any fan of Atheist or Cynic would definitely dig SA.

Another cool idea would be Atheist, Cynic, then the new member's bands Gnostic and Exivious.

...and on top of that add Fates Warning with John Arch, Frank Aresti, Joe DiBiase and Steve Zimmerman, haha.

Why Steve Zimmerman? I always thought he was sloppy. Zonder on the other hand is a technician. Kind of like comparing Lars Ulrich to Asgeir :lol:

Zonder is great, but since I greatly prefer the albums featuring Zimmerman - especially Awaken the Guardian (which would have to be the best line-up in my opinion too), and since we're on the subject of fantasies - I'd rather see the classic line-up as well.

Why Steve Zimmerman? I always thought he was sloppy. Zonder on the other hand is a technician. Kind of like comparing Lars Ulrich to Asgeir :lol:
I'm a fan of the earlier FW-albums.
Zonder is by far a better technician, but it would mean a lot more to me to see Fates Warning perform their art from Awaken The Guardian and The Spectre Within with the original lineup.

I'm a fan of the earlier FW-albums.
Zonder is by far a better technician, but it would mean a lot more to me to see Fates Warning perform their art from Awaken The Guardian and The Spectre Within with the original lineup.

I would love to see that lineup again live but I think we have a better chance of seeing you guys make another album (at least I hope so :p)