Would you rather?

Buying an assload of music or bare min.

• Total voters

WINTER TYRANT

Jan 24, 2008
Would you rather buy an assload of albums at one time..like ten to fifteen at one time, and have music for a good couple months? or would you rather buy one or two albums at one time and really wear them out before its time to buy more?

I feel like I don't pay proper attention to the music if I acquire too many new albums at once. I like knowing all the songs on an album by heart and to me that only comes with long periods of dedicated listening.

I voted "Buy one or two albums, wear em out and then buy more" but that's not what I do. I always do the other option. There was a time that I did become very familiar with each album I got, but that was a long long time ago. I miss that. But how does one revert back to that? It seems impossible to me.

Thats how i used to feel about buying so many albums at once. But lately i've been buying like six or seven at a time and I can recite most of the lyrics to all the songs by heart and the names of the songs, it does take a while though. Also, with me, when i only buy an album or two at a time i feel as though i have to listen to them wherif i bought multiple albums i can sometimes tend to develop music add where i'll switch from one disc to another listening to certain songs and i hate that

if i buy one album at i time i tend to enjoy and appreciate the music rather than just downloading 10 albums in a day. in my opinion, if you get a ton at once, some of the cd's will get ignored

I have the same basic beliefs. However, i usually buy music when i get some form of extra money and thats why i buy so much at one time. But now that money is short I'll probably go back to getting an album at a time

Lately I've been buying less (partly to fund concert trips) and I've been giving more devotion to what I already have. And it's working quite well. I still buy here and there and have a steady stream of free music courtesy of The Metal Observer.

if I could I'd buy as much as possible, but I never have the money for 1. So usually I'll save up a bunch of money, buy a bunch of albums, digest them, and then buy another batch. I always give everything 2 listens, no matter what. I just keep the albums on my desk (where they're actively in my way) until I've given them their fair chance in order to make sure I do this.

When I have the money I buy a lot of albums and listen to them for ages so it's kind of a mix of the two

As long as they were good albums (eg- Megadeth "Risk" or Helloween "Chameleon") I would rather buy two albums and listen to them ad nauseum than listen to a bunch of second-rate albums (eg- Megadeth "Killing Is My Business" or Helloween "Keeper of the Seven Keys") in wider rotation.

I buy one or two albums at a time. Sometimes three at a time. This is mostly due to money issues. They last for a while usually. But now with my new job, I hope to buy around two albums per paycheck.

I voted for the first, but it's really a toss-up.

Money isn't an issue for me, especially if it's going towards buying CDs. I like the idea of having a variety of albums to choose from, and certainly, I don't like to over-listen to an album. But...at the same time if you've got too many to listen to it's a bit overwhelming and it's likely that you're not going to give an album enough time to fully appreciate it.

I chose the first one but it does depend, music isn't the only thing I do for fun but usually I don't have a lot of other things to spend money on anyway.

I feel like I don't pay proper attention to the music if I acquire too many new albums at once. I like knowing all the songs on an album by heart and to me that only comes with long periods of dedicated listening.

This is the same as I was about to write. I have on occation bought 5 or 6 albums but I end up not liking that since there is always at least one album that I end up not giving a proper chance.