Wrestling

Damn right. That's funny how you said the Bushwackers were you and your father's favorite when you were growing up. I always laughed my ass off at them and would look over and there would be tears in my fathers eyes. He didn't laugh at many things except the Bushwackers.
This thread brings back some memories.

Because the WWF is like the NFL. Everything else is either the Canadian or European football leagues.

edit: Per Ozzman I need to specify what I mean.

I mean when the WWF was in it's prime, everything else was second best. That doesn't mean the other organizations didn't have good wrestlers.

This is by far the biggest crock of shit I've read in this entire thread. The WWF did NOT have the best wrestlers. One could argue, at the most, that they had the most entertaining writers, but beyond that, I can't see how the WWF was ahead of many Japanese and Mexican promotions in terms of actual wrestling. Sure, if you watch wrestling for the storylines, WWF was probably your best bet, but for me, this is like comparing The Sword and Wolfmother to Saint Vitus and Trouble. Not to mention the WWF constantly stole ideas directly from other promotions, especially from ECW between 1996-1999.

Yeah. There are so many wrestling organizations in Japan and elsewhere that you can't really say WWE is the best if you haven't seen all of the others

This is by far the biggest crock of shit I've read in this entire thread. The WWF did NOT have the best wrestlers. One could argue, at the most, that they had the most entertaining writers, but beyond that, I can't see how the WWF was ahead of many Japanese and Mexican promotions in terms of actual wrestling. Sure, if you watch wrestling for the storylines, WWF was probably your best bet, but for me, this is like comparing The Sword and Wolfmother to Saint Vitus and Trouble. Not to mention the WWF constantly stole ideas directly from other promotions, especially from ECW between 1996-1999.

When did I say the WWF had the best wrestlers? Oh right, I didn't. I said the WWF, meaning the entire organization, is like the NFL in terms of wrestling. It was the best, most entertaining wrestling organization out there. Obviously this is all in my opinion, but of course there's the millions of fans (around the world mind you) who would agree. I wasn't trying to discredit the Japanese or Mexican organizations on bit. I'd be stupid if I did. As a whole however, they don't touch the WWF in it's prime.

This type of wrestling is meant to have a 50-50 balance of storyline/character and actual wrestling. If you don't want to come to this realiztion, then it sucks to be you. I don't really care if you try and claim my opinions are "a crock of shit" (which they aren't) in turn trying to prove me wrong by expressing yours. You are trying to convince me of something I'm not going to agree to. So you can either just give up, or keep rambling on to deaf ears.

Lastly, who gives a crap if WWF was stealing ideas from someone else? That shit happens in every profession.

Yeah. There are so many wrestling organizations in Japan and elsewhere that you can't really say WWE is the best if you haven't seen all of the others

That's bullshit and you know it. It's all based on opinion anyways, just like your musical taste. There's plenty of bands I've never listened to, but I still have "favorites." Same deal.

Wow, you're really stupid, Richard. You honestly don't know fuckall about wrestling outside of the US (or outside of the big promotions even). Which is the reason that I said what you were saying was a crock of shit, because it's based on a supreme lack of information. It's like saying that Linkin Park is the best Metal band in the world because you haven't heard any other bands. Of course you can go out and hear every other band and still think the same thing, but when you don't know any other bands, it's just a dumb thing to say.

Last time I watched 'pro' wrestling was about 8 years ago, in 2000 or so but I mainly cared for (WWF). And back into the days of the mid 90's with Razor Ramon, Diesel etc...

I remember in the late 90's when Hollywood Hogan wrestled Sting at Starrcade for the WCW title. I was literally scared for Hulk's life and thought the next day I may hear about Hogan's death on the radio or TV, even though I wanted Hulk to win. :lol: Ah, the world when you're 9-10 years old.

*bump*

jericho WILL get the title back. he's just that damn awesome.

and goldust will be the next IC champ. though id like to see koffi kingston get it too
~gR~