Wrestling

I hated guys like Dean Malenko. They didn't bring anything to the sport. No personality, no fueds, no nothing. Just technical moves, which were cool and all, but nothing like the guys in the 80's and 90's.

Also, Christian and Edge fucking blow.

Thank you for demonstrating your complete lack of understanding of the aesthetics of wrestling. Now I bid you a fond farewell, as I'm going to sleep. Just remember that your opinions on wrestling suck and are vapid and you should discard them in favor of mine, which is informed and refined.

Wrestling is one of those things I can't get away from. Having loved it from as far back as I can remember I still watch despite the lame "story lines". I'm nowhere near the hardcore fan I used to be when I was say... 8-10 but I ususally have Raw on the TV every monday.

There's more to professional wrestling than technicality. It's called sports entertainment for a reason.

New topic:

Which was the best persona Mick Foley had?

I find that Cactus Jack is pretty badass, especially when he was with Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk, who is another legend in the business)

WWF began the sports entertainment era. I view wrestling more as an athletic performing arts, much of it improvised. 'Characters' and 'angles' should only be used to serve the tension of the match itself. People who did this very well were Ric Flair and Chris Jericho.

Mick Foley's best character was obviously Cactus Jack when he was in Japan/Mexico/ECW.

There's more to professional wrestling than technicality. It's called sports entertainment for a reason.

New topic:

Which was the best persona Mick Foley had?

I find that Cactus Jack is pretty badass, especially when he was with Chainsaw Charlie (Terry Funk, who is another legend in the business)

Actually, I thought Mankind was his coolest persona. When he used to be borderline psycho, I thought that was hilarious. Also, Mr. Socko is one of the greatest finishing moves in history.

Mick Foley was the fucking king of promos right behind Ric Flair and Terry Funk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh...how do you know what his prime is if you haven't seen the entirety of his earlier work?

Because the WWF is like the NFL. Everything else is either the Canadian or European football leagues.

edit: Per Ozzman I need to specify what I mean.

I mean when the WWF was in it's prime, everything else was second best. That doesn't mean the other organizations didn't have good wrestlers.