WTF are you listening to?

Put on Ænima a few hours ago, first time I've listened to these self-fellatio performing fucks in atleast five years. I enjoyed it, but not as much as I should have.
Man, that album didn't age well at all. It used to my #1 omg never gonna stop lovin' you album, but it is definitely of its time and mostly fun for a retro spin. I still dig Lateralus a lot though, I think that is where they peaked. It's just so..........three-dimensional...........if that makes sense.

Man, that album didn't age well at all. It used to my #1 omg never gonna stop lovin' you album, but it is definitely of its time and mostly fun for a retro spin. I still dig Lateralus a lot though, I think that is where they peaked. It's just so..........three-dimensional...........if that makes sense.

Album is like a thirty year old Asian woman.

a few years ago i went through all my cds to check for russian presses. found about 4 or 5 and promptly got rid of them and bought legitimate copies. just felt dirty having them. now i couldnt give a shit.

it always did piss me off though that some ebay sellers sell them without properly disclosing that you are getting a russian press.

aenima still rules and is the best hard rock album ever

vaultdweller.jpg

Vault Dweller - Messenger of Doom

Too Many Humans
Messenger of Doom

today's playlist thus far:

Branikald - Varg Fjerne A Tornet
Vacant Coffin - Sewer Skullpture
Vault Dweller - Messenger of Doom
Vondur - Striðsyfirlýsing
Von Goat - Septic Illumination
Vorum - Poisoned Void

NP:

Warloghe - The First Possession

this album

0Jngbwp.jpg

i still don't have words
On my first listen right now, I had never heard of this before. Pretty damn stellar I must say.

EDIT: And now I'm thinking this cover might've been someone's avatar here for a spell...? It is absolutely stunning music!

8341_zps993a7a79.jpg
3533_zps15d18454.jpg

I can't think of two more perfect albums for the beginning of Autumn... even if we're still in a god damn heat wave right now. To them thar hills!

For some reason I'm all about the old goth/dark wave/death rock bands this week. Fields of the Nephilim, Bauhaus, Christian Death, The Sisters of Mercy, and of course Joy Division.

Either of y'all ever heard Vison Thing? It seems to get mixed reviews. Worth getting ahold of?

Early Cure is great too -- Faith in particular. And Siouxsie and the Banshees*. But of course you already know that.

Also, check out CLAN OF XYMOX - Medusa if you haven't already. 4AD darkwave from the mid-80s.

clan%2Bof%2Bxymox%2B-%2Bmedusa%2B1986.jpg

*SEE THREAD TITLE

Last edited by a moderator: